Labor and Genetics??

My mom had two naturally at 21 and 24 years old, then had me via c-section at 40 years of age (I was breech).

One of my sisters has had three naturally, no issues at all, at 26, 29, and 32. My other sister had a c-section with her only daughter, but she was 35 at the time.

And I had DD naturally (induced, though) at 18.

So I think for my family it has more to do with age than anything else.

*edit for more info

My mum, nan, great nan etc all had natural births. My mum was induced with her first (me) but not her second... hope I get to experience a lovely natural birth!

The genetics thing didn't work for me.

Maternal Grandmother: 8 children, all delivered vaginally.
My Mum: 2 children delivered vaginally.

Me?...2 sections, one at 29 weeks, one at 39 weeks due to pre-eclampsia...and will be having a third section with this one!!

My mum had easy labours, so did my gran and so did me and my sister. No one in my family has had a csection x

I really hope genetics wont play a part for me...I really want a natural birth, or at least know I can dilate unlike the rest of the women in my family!

My mum was induced for being late with me and had normal births with my sisters. I went over with my daughter, went into labour naturally, but had to have a section as little-miss-stress-head wasn't happy. I dilated to 8/9cm and was still dilating at the point of section but baby couldn't wait any longer. I'm pretty sure that with a different baby I'd have no probs pushing it out.

My Mum gave birth within 10hrs of first feeling contraction with both me and my brother. I gave birth 94hrs after starting to feel contractions. No correlation here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->