Labor Day Laborers - August/September 2014 Crossover Babies!

sweetster

Reaction score
I'm due right at the end of August but expect to run into September. I'm 40 (but look 30, of course :winkwink:) and this is our first!

We'd been TTC for 6 cycles following a surprise pregnancy/mc earlier this year. DH and I have been together 15 years.
I was an ICU nurse but gave it up to start a family (since timing is tight). This pregnancy/baby stuff is completely and totally foreign!

I am 3 weeks 3 days (11dpo) today and have a heap of symptoms, but they come and go and aren't that bad yet. My first BFP was on 8dpo.

Anyone care to join me? Looking for some fun and goofy buddies to compare notes and share the journey!

I'm adding to this to bump it... think I may have created this thread a tad too early without realizing it.
Hopefully there are others out there who will join me.

Forgot to actually add info to that last post. I'm so darned tired! A combo of nausea/insomnia wakes me up in the middle of the nights and I think I'm going batty!

This past week was a bit worrisome as my AF-shouldn't-show date approached. I had very uncomfortable cramps, lower back pain (a lot), my BB tenderness abated (worrisome), and a smidge of a peach/tan eggwhite CM. But now I'm 1-2 days past that and doing much better... except I can't eat hardly anything. Nothing sounds good and when I taste foods they are gross. The only things I have a daily tolerance for are super salty soup broth and a crunchy taco supreme from Taco Bell!

Has anyone else gotten their BFP to put them into the super late Aug/early Sept category? Are you having symptoms? It worried me when my BB tenderness went away a few days ago so I POAS till my tests were gone and fortunately each day got noticeably darker. Tenderness is now back, almost bordering on sore.

Being this is my first I'm sure everything is being analyzed far beyond reason but it's the only thing I know to do. I've been up for 2 1/2 hours now (2-4:30am), so hoping to go back to bed an actually get some sleep!

Hey hon, I thought I'd say hi! I came over here just checking to see if the September thread had been started yet (I don't think I have the wherewithal to be the starter of that thread myself :haha:) Based on my O date, I'm due August 31, 2014. I haven't even put a ticker up yet as it's sooo new, just found out yesterday :)

But I'm in the same boat as you - I'm hesitant to join the August thread as I don't want to be behind everyone lol, so I'll probably join the September thread too :)

AFM I have a 2 year old son and I just had an early miscarriage in November, which has made me super cautious about this pregnancy. I've already had a beta draw (yesterday) that I should get results from today... I want to watch the numbers double darnit! :) I'm 30 (and look 20? haha well probably not..).

Symptom-wise, well.. I didn't get much with my son until 5-6 weeks. So far I'd say my boobs look fuller, I have had notably more nausea than I did with my son (nothing crazy or any throwing up, but I've noticed it numerous times and I don't think I had it with my first pregnancy until like 5.5 weeks), but fewer headaches :) I would try not to worry about the boob soreness waxing and waning, I know I personally didn't have that until closer to 6 weeks the first time I think. I also had spotting last time around, think it was right around 5 weeks. And everything was obviously fine :)

I did wake up today STARVING this morning like to the point of it being painful and I couldn't fall back asleep, had to get something to eat! :)

Wow sorry this ended up being super long! Nice to meet you! :)

Hi qwk - congratulations! So how far along are you, around 12-13 dpo?
I'm excited - finally someone to join me! I joined Aug, and will also do September, but I just feel so lost on those bigger threads like I can't really connect with anyone. It's like a news ticker the way the posts come in.

Thanks for the info on your past pregnancy symptoms. That is really helpful.
Re the mc, I hate how having had one tends to make us paranoid (with good reason, but still). It would be nice to be blissfully ignorant the whole time! You turned it right around timing-wise though. Was this your first cycle post mc?

I am not due for my first appt until Jan 9th, so no labs to go on. My doc thinks I'm gonna have no trouble. If symptoms are any indication, I'm doing just fine.

It was a long night. Yesterday evening I got cold to my core - just could not warm up. Then, it flipped the other way and I was on fire. This was accompanied by a fast, thumping heart beat so I knew it probably had to do with progesterone. I woke up at 3:30 with a pretty strong bout of nausea (beyond queasy) and all my insides felt funny, and of course the THUMP, THUMP, THUMP - which kept me awake till 6. I did get a couple more hours of sleep but woke up and noticed my nipples were sensitive. I looked and it's like my areolas grew by 50% overnight and they're bright red! I've got rudolph boobs!

Still queasy and I feel all sorts of stretch/pull/pinch sensations in my lower abdomen. My morning tea (decaf) is making my mouth water in a bad way. Apparently I got a pass from nausea for the last few days, but now at 4wk3day (18dpo) it's back.

Well this got long in a hurry. Let me know how your labs turn out! And what did you end up eating (I can only fantasize at the moment).

I'll join! I'm due August 19th but I have a feeling I'll go over lol. So I'm pretty close to Labor Day!

Hi everyone! :waves: I was wondering if it would end up with mostly Americans since I don't think UK has labor day in September :haha:

Sweetster - haha I had toast, super exciting ;) I've been having toast most mornings!

How is everyone? I'm waiting for my second beta draw numbers currently. First number was 20 on 10 dpo :)

I am waiting on my beta test results as well, and of course it's the weekend, so now I have to wait until Monday :( but that's okay. My first beta test was 25 @ 3 weeks, 6 days; but from ovulation I was only 3 weeks, 4 days. So we will see what they are on Monday.

Yeah I hate the waiting game! I hope yours are great kittykat!

I did get mine today, they are up to 78 at 12 dpo, so doubling every 24 hours :dance:

Welcome mel28nicole, kmac87 and KitteyKat2010!

I am so envious of all of you getting blood results. Ugh! I don't even see the doctor for another 3 weeks! If I wasn't having symptoms I think I'd probably press the issue a little, but as of now I'm love/hating my queasiness and fatigue.

Is anyone having trouble with pants? My lower abdomen is tender/sensitive and I can't wear any of my normal pants. The only acceptable ones are my mom's old fleece lounge wear! Very frustrating (and frumpy).

Is everyone feeling good and staying positive so far?

I have one more week til my appointment and I can't wait! Really hoping I can get a scan scheduled. My fiancé is very helpful with saying positive after having out MMC. My symptoms are strong so it's a lot easier to be positive this time!

I think I'll feel better after one more beta draw... I was totally not like this with my first pregnancy, but since the chemical/early MC I think my paranoia has increased exponentially!

What are you guys doing for Christmas? We are going to my in-laws, and we're going to pretty much have to tell them we are pregnant as I usually drink and of course will not be this time! I think that's also why I wanted to see good betas...

Hope everyone is well!

We are doing an early Christmas thing for my nieces and nephews at my in laws tonight since they can't be over for Christmas. Then Christmas Day I'll be going to my in laws for dinner. They all know about the pregnancy, it's my family who doesn't lol. I have to work 3-11 so I can only do one dinner so I choose his family over mine haha

^^ I imagine there's a backstory to that decision ;)

^^ I imagine there's a backstory to that decision ;)

qwk - so true... mel28 you might have to dish a bit!

Hi there - I'm just barely dragging myself to the computer to catch up on things. I am having such super-duty fatigue for the past several days that I'm just barely doing regular daily stuff. Even getting to the mailbox is a chore at this point. I eat, sleep, wake up in a daze, snack, daze, eat, sleep. Maybe I squeak in a shower. Ugh I am such a slug! Of course, I still have the queasiness/aversions and all the other fun stuff too.

Holidays here are simple - just me and DH and the 4 furry children. I'm pretty sure there'll be some napping going on!

qwk let us know how breaking the news goes. I won't be doing that for months (if not years) with DH's family!

Haha my family is really annoying. I love his family. His is so crazy and big. Plus I don't want to spill the beans of the pregnancy yet. When I was pregnant the first time they didn't take it well. My grandma even gave me a lecture about it. I rather wait as long as I can to tell them this time.

Hi all, not sure when labour day is as we don't have it in the UK, but can I join you? I *think* I'm due about 3rd/4th September with our surprise bump. We weren't trying for another year or so as our DD was 12 weeks early and we're a bit scared of going down that route again, so were waiting to see if they could do surgery to correct the problem and cure my high bp. If I get to any time in August I'll be over the moon, it's my dream to have a baby who I get to hold after birth, she was 11 days old last time before I held her.

Hi Dinah :) Congrats and I wish you the best on your pregnancy, hoping you are able to carry as long as possible!!

How is everyone? We just got back from our holiday travels. Told DH's family, they were all excited - but they kept telling people outside the family which really bothered me. It was a difficult situation to navigate because we found out my SIL is also pregnant and due in August, and THEY kept sharing their news and just tagging us onto it (e.g., "We're pregnant, and qwk's pregnant, isn't that crazy!" type of thing). Ugh. I just think that's so rude. Not your news to share!

I had to have one more beta draw today, I am hoping it's the last one. My last numbers went from 425 at 15 dpo to 869 at 16 dpo, which is great :). The reason I keep having the draws is that this was my first cycle after a miscarriage, in case anyone was wondering :) So the one from today should be really high... and after that if the number is where it should be, I think they will want to do an ultrasound.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->