Labor & Delivery

Nichole

DD, DS, and pregnant!
Reaction score
For veteran moms (or new moms hearing horror stories) what are some of the best/worst moments of labor & delivery (and recovery!)? Or things you wish they had told you about l&d?

My nurse with my DD yelled at my best friend not to distract me, after I had just asked her to distract me.

Another nurse, as I was getting ready to be discharged, made a rude comment about my plan to feed my DD.

Both times I've been in labor, the nurses didn't believe me.

I had a really cool night nurse (I think she might have still been in school), that would chitchat like I was just a normal person and not an actual patient. I loved her.

I can't seem to think of any funny moments, but I'm sure they'll come back soon, lol.

I just wrote out a very long post about the best and worst bits of my labour but then my baby moved (hes being fed on my lap) and i accidentally pressed the back button and it all disappeared and i cant be bothered to type it again but my birth story is in my signature thing if anyone wants to have a read be warned tho its very long! :)

The worst part of my labour was I had an epidural which didn't work - it restricted my movement so I was flat on my back which was extremely painful as baby was back to back, and it knocked me out so I was woozy and out of it - but it didn't take one bit of the pain away! I couldn't vocalise what was happening so I couldn't tell them I was still in pain, and I got to 8cm before they re-did it. The second epidural punctured my spine and I ended up with a spinal headache (google it, it's horrific!). The best part was the pushing - the second epidural took all the pain away and I really enjoyed pushing him out.

Funniest: Baby#1 Med intern about to cut with episiotomy scissors and I told him if he cut me I would kick him in the head. Viciously. The look on his face (and my OB, standing in the corner supervising) was priceless!! :laugh2:

Worst: After same intern applied inappropriate cord traction and tore the placental from the uterine wall one CNM was trying to find a vein to give pitocin while the other was massaging my fundus (very painful) as I listened to the blood come out and splash on the floor.:(

Best: Watching the chaos while I pushed #2 out in 2 pushes and nobody was ready to catch the baby. After all, they had told me I wasn't ready to push, only that my uterus was hyperstimulated from 48 hours of pitocin.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->