Labor or something else?

mammag

Expecting a Rainbow
Reaction score
I went to l&d yesterday because my doctor wanted me to come in and have my blood pressure checked due to some swelling. They hooked me up to monitors while I was there, and I started contracting. The contractions kept getting closer together and more painful, I was so surprised. I hadn't felt anything all day until I was hooked up to the monitors. The doctor checked me and I was 2-3 cm dilated. He checked me again in am hour and I was 3. So I had dilated half a centimeter. They decided to admit me, contractions stayed 2-4 minutes apart for a few hours, they checked me again and I was still 3 cm, 60% effaced and 2 station. The midwife said since I wanted a natural birth that I was welcome to go home if I wanted. I did want, I never would have gone into the hospital that early! I got home and had steady contractions for a couple more hours and then they just stopped! Almost nothing today. So now I have a question, all day long I keep feeling like I have to poo! Over and over, but I keep going and nothing happens, maybe a tiny bit every now and then, but nothing to write home about. And I have (tmi) had diarrhea for the past two or three days, so I feel like I'm probably not constipated. Is this a labor thing? Or is my gut just screwed up? Sorry for the long post :)

I am not sure. But I've been in early labor a week. Strong contractions for hours than nothing, nothing at all! I lost my mucus plug at 35 weeks. I'm now 38 weeks and I've been walking and dancing and bouncing on my ball to try to get them to stay consistent ugh

Just to update, this was labor! That poop type pressure was baby bearing down with contractions that I couldn't feel. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->