Labor pain is good pain

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
I just read this on a pregnancy site. I guess im supposed to take a deep breath and repeat this to myself everytime i get nervous or scared about labor and it'll serve as pain relief when that day comes. Kind of like psyching yourself out. So to all the momma's out there like me hoping and praying to do this all natural with no pain meds....................LABOR PAIN IS GOOD PAIN!!!!

The power of a positive thought hey! I've been meaning to look up some positive affirmations for labour & pregnancy in general (ie everything will be ok, the baby will be healthy). Have you found any sites that are good?

No most of them just say things like "think positive and remember to breathe". I wish i could find a really good site cause i have been getting nervous as it gets closer..I want the experience of natural child birth and i've read that alot of woman that went with out meds really enjoyed the experience...im soooo scared that once i start feeling this pain im going to give in and get the meds plus all 3 of my sisters got the meds with all there pregnancies and i really want to do things differently and cause they make the pain sound so traumatic id like to shove it in their faces!

I chose to go without any medication that lowered the pain, but this time i'll choose the painkillers :D Guess i'm one of the few women who thinks that pain is untolerable.

I had pitocin for my labor, had an epidural that didn't work. That was NOT good pain lol. Hope you can go into labor on your own and cope, lots of women do! Best wishes to you!

So glad I went with Natal Hypnotherapy! Our bodies were built to give birth :) It is not meant to be painful, we've just had it pounded into our heads that childbirth is the most painful thing ever and that we need help to do it. It's not true! You can do this!

I try to think of it as a productive pain - pain with a purpose. If you hurt yourself in an accident or have back pain or something, it doesn't have a purpose, so although it might not be AS painful it feels worse, as there is no positive outcome. Also remember labour has a beginning, a middle and an end. Those pains are all about getting you to the end, the prize of a lifetime.

It does hurt but I think a positive attitude really helps you get through it. :)

I did hypnobirthing and it's all about positive affirmations and believing in the power of your body, I guess.
if you can find the Marie Mongan birth affirmations, they are really good!
And of course labour pain, if that's what you want to call it, is good pain... It brings your baby closer to you. With each contraction your baby is closer! :)
Enjoy!! if you go with the right attitude towards it and it works out, it's AMAZING! good luck! :)

All pain has a purpose, its your body telling you something is happening and you have to do something about it. Labour pain has a positive outcome, then again the pain from having a tattoo has a positive outcome too ( :haha: ) Looking at the positive outcome helps the pain be more bearable, but doesn't mean you should not have a pain relief as its still pain after all. X

i saw a hypno midwife at my physio. She said labour is only painful if you work yourself up about it. And i agree, with my first i wasnt afraid of the pain i just got on with it. No pain relief. Positive thoughts are always good :) take things to occupy your mind

I just started reading Birth Skills by Juju Sundin and she talks about this kind of stuff, am finding it really useful! I actually downloaded some samples of birthing books onto my Kindle and this one resonated the most with me.

I told OH, when I'm screaming in pain, to chant 'it's good pain, it's good pain' and he laughed and was like 'yeah, I'd like to see your reaction to that in the throes of labour'.

I found thinking about the pain in a positive way really helped in both my labours :). Particularly thinking to myself that each contraction I had was another one down and that the pain was bringing me closer to meeting my LO's. With DD when transition hit I got a bit silly and was saying "I can't doooooo iiiiiit!!!" :haha: but DH reminded me I was OK and that the pain was "good" and I was fine again :).
I think going into it with a positive attitude can be a real help, whether you go drug fre or take everything on offer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->