Labor...Will you definately know?!

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
I hear alot of people saying 'you will know when you are in real labor'
But will you?
I slept through the first 2 stages of labor with my first son, I made the hospital just in time to push.
My 2nd and 3rd, waters were broken so I kinda knew things were gonna start happening.
Scared I won't know with this one, i know I'm still early but I'm having some quite painful tightenings at mo, nothing regular though, I don't think. Lol xx

Oh hun just keep an eye on them and if your unsure give labour ward a call. Better safe than sorry. Kx

i wud think so hun! even iv u sleep thru the first 2 stages i dnt think ul b able 2 sleep thru tht baring down feeling!

i hope u get a big warning sign b4 hand 2 put ur mind at rest hun

xx

https://contractionmaster.com/ this is a great site for timing pains x

I have been wondering the same thing...
I have asked a few people and they all say.... "ohhh you will know....:)" i am like well will i??? I have been having pains and feelings on and off for a few days now straight... how am i suppost to know if it is the real thing at the time or not... it feels like the real thing...... But it obviously isnt so yeah.... :(

You must be like my mum as with her 2nd she said she just had a funny feeling and then she was pushing him out! And with me she just had a slight pain and thought she better get checked out and out I popped, so I hope I know also.

I do find it hard to believe her though that she just had a slight pain and a funny feeling!!

Im on my 4rth and I don't know myself lol
I was induced all three times..

Well i wouldnt complain if I was Lucky enough not to know! Labour for most people is agony, no doubt about it! if you sleep through the 1st and 2nd stage that can only be a bonus! i'm sure you will know hun even if you dont get much warning xxx

I wish i could have slept through the start of my labour. I woke up at 1:30am with my first contraction. It was nothing I had ever felt before so i knew what it was. Mind you, I thought I just needed to pee so when it happened 14mins later thats when it registered.

I had no idea I was in labor. I just happen to be going in to be induced. I did not feel any contractions NOTHING at all. I did feel contractions after they broke my water but that was at almost 7 cm. So it is possible you can not know.

Im on my 4th too, 2 natural labours so you would think I would be pretty clued up!
Nope, Im wondering the same thing! Im actually scared about not realising the pains are labour cos Im getting all sorts of weird and wonderful pains and regular tighteneings and not getting to the hospital in time to push him out and give birth in the back of the car!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

My waters have never gone on their own either so I get no warning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->