Ladders is at it again! Early test thread

Firstly, beautiful lines :)
With your husband, mine is similar. Each time I see lines I do the same as you - I say I will hold off, then I'm indecisive, then I tell him. And his reaction is similar in that I get a kind of neutral look, no excitement or anything. He says hopefully this time but I can't get excited. And although I understand why, it is disheartening and makes me think it's over before it's started. Which it has been for us, but that's a different story. Most of the time people go on to have a healthy baby after a mc, like you did with your daughter. It's far less likely to keep happening and I think you would have some idea if that was highly likely i.e. you would be aware of a problem already there, like I am with myself.
I don't see any reason why this won't be ok. But it's different for everyone and some find it easier to distance themselves, particularly men, because we can't distance ourselves in the same way since it's happening inside our body, not theirs.
I think he would probably want nothing more than to shout it from the rooftops but he doesn't want to allow himself to get attached to the idea of a new life because of what happened before. I'm sorry, I know at the moment what you need is for him to react with a little more positivity than he has, but given time I think he will

Thanks ladies, I know he really wants this baby and he's scared but so am I! I just feel sad that the first person iv told out loud (rather than type) and I got that reaction.

My dh is the same. His usual response is "we'll see." It's hurtful to us, but I think they are just trying to protect us and them.
Your lines look beautiful!

Ugh I’m so sorry that was his reaction! I understand you need to be cautious but still. I’m glad you told him though because at least now you can go through everything together and the burden isn’t just on you. Regardless of his reaction, the rest of us are SO excited for you and we’re all hoping this one sticks!

Beautiful lines hun.

Sorry about your OH's reaction. My DH reacted similar when I told him I was pregnant with DS. Because id had a chemical and a mc before I was pregnant with DS he told me not to get my hopes up and it really upset me. Men just don't think the same as us ladies x

Thanks ladies i guesse it's just how men deal with things, just seems pretty stupid to me!!! Really appreciate you ladies support though it means alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->