Ladies not opting for VBAC, advice please.

Clarabell543

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I have just found out I am expecting baby number 2 and have had a sudden freak out!

I had a difficult time first time around which ended with an EMCS under general.

I do not want to go down the VBAC route, I want an ELCS.

My question is uk ladies have you had to fight for an ELCS or did they accept your choice not to try VBAC?

Thanks in advance x

I didn't have to fight whstsoever & my last birth was a planned section as I had placenta previa. It's your choice. They might outline the benefits of a vaginal birth but it's your body & your decision x

Thank you for the response, a friend of mine had real trouble and found the doctors very pushy for a VBAC which has left me concerned!

While I personally haven't experienced birth (yet!) my mum was given a ELC with my younger sister after her EMCS with me. They didn't fight her on it. It was the 90s, but I hope that helps a little. :)

Hi I have just booked my section date with UK hospital. When I seen them at 20 weeks they were very pro vbac but I said no I want a repeat section as I didn't want the whole 10 hours on induction to have a section due to no dilation again. They said well we will see you at 35 wks and you can make your final decision then.

I was ready for a fight with the consultant and it was actually fine. he said well in the uk if you have had a previous cesaerean then you can opt for a repeat so we will get you booked in.

If you struggle just tell them under NICE guidelines you cannot be refused a repeat c section once you have had one before and you don't need to give a reason for it.

Hope that helps :flower:

Thank you Leanne! Your experience sounds very similar to mine! That makes me feel lots better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->