Ladies that had a c-section

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
Just curious really...

Did you have to have a drain put in after you had your section? And was it an elective section or emergency. If it was emergency what went wrong?

A drain? If you mean a cathater, yes I had one, just for 12 hours but didn't really need it, I was up walking normallly and with ease 6 hours later.

Mine was emergency, in that it was the result of a failed induction and failure to progress. I was only in established labour for 6.5 hours before they decided to go ahead with c-section. The Dr said she doesn't think I'll be able to deliver a reasonable sized baby naturally due to my size.

No i don't mean a cathater i mean a drain, it's actually called a drain. Its a long tube that is inserted into your stomach to drain off any excess fluid/blood for the section (i think) :)

No i don't mean a cathater i mean a drain, it's actually called a drain. Its a long tube that is inserted into your stomach to drain off any excess fluid/blood for the section (i think) :)

Ah right, sorry! Nope, I don't know anyone who did.

Never heard of. Do they just keep it after the operation?

I had an emergency cs due to failure to progress after an induction. I was induced on Weds lunchtime and by Friday morning was only 6cm! We decided enough was enough!

I didn't have a drain - in fact I'd never heard of it until your post! I did have a catheter though.

I'e just googled it and it seems people usually get them after major surgery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drain_(surgery)

Never heard of. Do they just keep it after the operation?

Yeah i had mine in for 2 days affter i'd had my daughter. I'm not sure why i had one put in though i thought it might have been 'normal' but it seems like it's not.

It hurts like hell when they take it out. It's by far the worst part of the section/labour etc.

I didnt have one. I had emergency CS. Water broke in the morning, was induced for 18 hrs, no contractions at all & only dilated 1 cm. Baby was in distress. so had to go for a section. I was told that I'd never be able to go for natural delivery as I have very narrow hipbones. I wasnt even in labor when I went into CS.

Mine was a planned c-section due to my stubborn little girl being breech, I didn't have a drain though, I hadn't heard of anyone needing one before.

i had a drain and yes it did hurt like hell when the took it out they never told me about that! when i asked about it.. the midwife just said to me 'some doctors like to use them some dont' weird how they would put one in if its not needed?? surely everyone would have one if it was that important?

I had to have an emergency c section as the cord was wrapped around LO's neck twice.No i didnt have a drain,ive never heard of this either,was your c section elective?

No it was an emergency due to sever pre eclampsia and hellp syndrome.

I'm going to point blank refuse one next time they can sod right off if they think they'll be doing anything like that again. I still remember the pain to this day and the midwife said 'it might be slightly uncomfortable'. Pftt, you try having one taken out lol. I just closed my eyes and thought of a happy place hahaha

I didn't have this hon and honestly it sounds horrible.

:hugs: to you for having to go through that :hugs:

I've had drains removed after surgery (not a c-section) and oh my lord, you are so right, it's really horrible. you have my sympathy, Mish.

No I didn't, I was fully closed up as soon as surgery was over and never had any issues with my incision

mine was an emergancy c-section and i didnt have a drain. i got to 3 cms in 10 hrs after being induced also. they checked i got no farther was given a spinal and was in the operating room within 30 mins. the cord was also around her neck twice and she was back to back

I didnt have a drain
elective c-section due to my 1st (naturally born) born still at 42wks

no i never had a drain put in.

i had an emergency C-section.
i was in labor for almost 24 hours.
and i only dilated to 3cm .. after that i just stopped dilating.
Willow wasnt descending into the birth canal ...
because her head was tilted so she was stuck.

but i think it happened that way because i was induced.
i feel if i wouldve let it happen naturally and the doctors didnt push me into being induced.
i wouldve had the birth i wanted to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->