Ladies that had a c-section

No, I didn't have a drain... I don't think, LOL. It's all a bit of a haze now. I had an emergency section due to failure to progress (was stuck at 3cm, was put on a drip and got to 9cm, then stalled there) after being in labour for 32 hours.

I had to have an Emergency C for a whole host of reasons. I was in labour for 32 hours and only dilated 4cm (i was already 4cm when i went into triage after 15 hrs!), my cord was wrapped around my LO's neck twice so he was being strangled everytime i had a contraction and his heart rate plummeted, he had turned back to back and his head hadn't engaged. To top it all of i had to have an epidural at the 30 hr mark as they thought a section might be imminent due to foetal distress and it made my blood pressure drop. At that point i was told that it would be too dangerous for me and the LO to try dilating me fully with a drip, there was no way they would risk me attempting to birth naturally and that was that.

Yea I had one!! Ended up with an emergency section due to failed ventouse, (as he got stuck). Had the drain in for about 24 hours. Think mine was in because I lost quite a lot of blood at the time of the section??

yep i had one , they put them in if you lose alot of blood so they can measure what you continue to lose after surgery has finished

they left mine in 2 days and it didnt hurt pulling it out, but felt very very strange

Ahh so it looks like you only have a drain if you are losing a lot of blood. Well next time i'll be opting for an elective section so oblood loss should be minimal and a drain won't be needed.

I forgot about the noise it made ...eugh! You'd think the'd turn the suction off when pullingit out to make it less painful.

Oh well, thanks ladies my question seems to have been answered. I thought it mught have been because i was under general anaestetic but maybe not.

High blood pressure, induced on a drip for 5 hours. Contractions were 1 minute apart but I wasn't dilating (only 2cm!) and little mans heartbeat was dropping every contraction so had to have emergency section at 4am!
No drain, and I've never heard of anyone having one.

I assumed it was a normal c-section thing - glad you asked this question!!

I have one (sorry to hijack ya thread)

did anyone have internal stitches, with like an internal wire with beads on the end (outside the stomach at the ends of the incision) which was removed after 5 days??

I didn't Tinks, I had staples which were removed after 4 days which turned out to be a big mistake, the incision started coming apart a couple hours after they were removed. :growlmad:

did anyone have internal stitches, with like an internal wire with beads on the end (outside the stomach at the ends of the incision) which was removed after 5 days??

No I didn't Tinks. I didn't have to have any stitches removed so I assume they used dissolvable ones.

Yes hun i had this with my 1st and with Sienna :flower:

I've had 2 and didn't have a drain for either.

My first was emergency as she was breech but only diagnosed at 8cms. Second was planned although he came early so was technically classed as emergency as it wasn't on the date planned. Was also told they'd be surprised if I could deliver naturally as I'm quite small x

Just curious really...

Did you have to have a drain put in after you had your section? And was it an elective section or emergency. If it was emergency what went wrong?

No, no drain for mine. It was an elective c-section for my 1st child...

(off topic, but I hate the term elective c-section, I didn't choose it - it just wasn't possible for me to give birth vaginally, the consultant wouldn't even OK me trying!)

I remember having something in my side, but it wasn't a drain as it wasn't connected to anything and they took it out after 2 days

I had an emergency c-section after Max's heartrate kept dropping with each contraction and failure to progress (I was only 3-4 cm)

I didn't. Mine was emergency due to induced labour, failure to progress.

I didn't have a drain either. Poppy was an undiagnosed breech we didn't find out till after my waters went.

I had an emergency section. I was in labour for 4 days and after 4 hours of pushing...baby was face up and couldn't turn. She got stuck and heart rate was slowing down so we had section. I had no drain and my incision healed very nicely (looks like a faint pink line drawn on my belly).

I had an emergency section due to high BP and fetal distress!

I did have a drain and it was awful! They put them in if there are any signs of excess fluid (like excessive blood loss) or signs of infection! They drained almost a litre of puss/blood from mine :sick: and that was after losing more than 1500ml in theatre!! It was in for 2 1/2 days and ended up drying on the inside so had to have a doc and local anesthetic to have it removed!! Poor girls on my recovery ward had had catheters in that day during planned sections and both thought i was having my catheter out - they were petrified until the nurse assured them that it wasn't going to happen to them :rofl:

Yep I did x

I amswered no, but the answer is I don't know and no.

DS2 - emergency C section under GA due to placenta abruption. No idea, but I probably did have due to the amount of blood in the surrounding tissues. If I did it was removed in the first 3 days when I was in a Barb-coma (chemically induced coma due to severe eclampsia), or the next 2 days when I wouldn't have noticed (or cared).

I had internal stitches with him, they were removed around day 8 because they had to wait for the swelling to go down and my blood chemistry to stabilise before risking anything that would cause me to bleed. It hurt having them out, but everything was so numb and I was bruised from hip to hip, foof to above my belly button.

DD - elective C section. All went well, wound healed nicely.

I had a drain as I had a c section AND a major surgical procedure at the same time - I had a 10cm cyst removed from my ovary at the same time. The drain came out after 2 days - they gave me gas and air as apparantly its painful - i didnt feel it as i was off my face! My c sec was elective due to a variety of reasons and for removal of cyst - am hoping for VBAC next time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->