Ladies that had a c-section

I had an emergency c section due to induction and failure to progress, baby was in distress and I had pre eclampsia, whipped down for emergency c section.

Yes I did have a drain, it was like a big tube with a jar at end collecting all puss and blood that was still draining! It did hurt when it was removed after 2 days but it was a very sharp and quick pain, that and having stitches removed was quite eye watering but also just over in seconds!

I thought everyone had a drain when they had c section?!

Anna was born by elective c-section as she was breech and we had a failed ECV. All went great!

Not sure if there was a drain. I did have a catheter.
:flower:

I had an emergency csec after a failed induction. When they burst my waters there was meconium in it. I had a catheter fitted. Never heard of a drain until you posted !

I had an emergency c-section due to failure to progress and he became tachycardic. I did have a drain and it was horrid when they removed it.

Nope, I didn't have a drain. Mine was an elective C-section due to the size of the baby.

I had a drain, I'd assumed everyone with a c-section had one! I honestly can't even remember it being removed, never mind feeling any pain. I do remember the catheter being removed - that felt very weird.

My c-section was due to her head being stuck.

I didn't have a drain, never heard of it before now!!

Mine was semi elective due to failed induction for raised bp and lo's hr dipping at 37 weeks.

I didnt have a drain placed, babys heart rate dropped and I had pre-eclampsia and HELLP. Was an emergency c-section before labour started.

i had an emergency c section due to breech baby and bradycardia (water went and was already fully dilated). no drain

I had an elective section and had both a drain and a catheter for just under 24 hours. Drain stings a bit when being taken out!

Nope, no drain for me. Catheter for about 24 hours, I was actually grateful for it, lol. Mine was an emergency c-section. I went in to the doctors at 40+1 and my blood pressure was high so they decided to induce me for mild preeclapmsia. I had progressed to only 3cm 30 hours later and LO would NOT fit through my pelvis, she actually had awful bruises on her head from trying to fit. They talked about c-section but decided to let me continue because I was really scared and really didn't want one but the second they walked out of the room after that conversation my LO's heartrate dropped scary low and they came sprinting back, threw scrubs to my OH and was like, "Let's go, let's go!" and rushed me to the OR. :nope:

I had an elective cesarean (baby was frank breech) I had a drain put in and it was fine. I worked myself up into a bit of a state when the nurse came to remove it :blush: I closed my eyes and tensed up waiting for the pain...Then the nurse said "all done!" I didn't feel a thing :haha:

I had a emergency c section due to pre-eclampsia. Had a Catheter the day i got in the hospital(3 days) They tried to induce me with this strip of something wait 12 hour and see how much i dilate and i only dilated 1cm so they added another one and waited another 12 hours and in total was dilated 2cm :o also once the epi came into play baby did not like it so they rushed me to a c section witch i so hate to this day now ugh i would never ever ask for that lol

I had a cathider, mine was emergency, I had pre-e which led to an induction that quickly sent me into very hard labor and my daughter got very distressed. We both came out of it healthy, but it was very difficult physically and emotionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->