Ladies who are still working

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
I need these threads periodically because I'm starting to stuggggggle! Just like to hear that I'm not alone here slaving away at work and that we will make it to the end! 37 work days left for me. Unless I end up working past my due date (oh god please no!)

I'm still at work but next week is my last week, are you working all the way to your due date?

Your not alone!

I've got 40 working days left! I've only really struggled the past few days, although I think its cause I'm not sleeping great (the cat keeps waking up at stupid o'clock crying for her breakfast!) and bubs is starting to stretch the top of my bump. God knows what I'll be like by 38 weeks!

I've got 31 working days left, can't come around quick enough!

I'm still at work but next week is my last week, are you working all the way to your due date?

Yup! Unless medically I can't but that's what I did before.

Yup! Unless medically I can't but that's what I did before.

Best of luck to you! Is your employer fairly flexible (like can you come in a bit late if you need to, or take a couple of extra breaks?) I know I would cope if I HAD to work until baby came but I'm so glad I'm almost done, really looking forward to having time to get everything ready and do some things for myself before baby comes. You're a strong woman if you can keep going :thumbup:

I have 35 working days left and officially stop working on 29 July but I dont actually start maternity leave until 14 August due to having so many holidays to take.

Cannot come quick enough as I hate coming in every day. Working full time sucks, especially in the summer!

I am right there with ya...working up to my due date unless something medically necessary keeps me out. I am already struggling, too. Mainly, it's the commute and heat. I get so hot driving, I think I am going to start bringing ice packs in the car with me.

I, for some silly reason, thought I could work up to my due date. Then people started giving me crazy looks when I told them that! :p I've changed it to about a week and a half before my due date, so my last day at work is actually August 2nd. I'll be 38 weeks.

I would love taking more time off by myself before baby comes but I really want to spend all 12 weeks of maternity at home with her and I'm also afraid of her coming late or something.

I wish I could have someone just make the right, perfect decision for me....lol

But yeah, in the same boat. And everyday is a struggle. Already.

Im a leader of a playgroup and I am still working. Last week I REALLY struggled and literally dragged myself through everyday. This week has been half term thank goodness and I go back for one more week, so my last day will be the 7th and im due the 18th, im very happy with that and considering ive only taken 3 days off sick this pregnancy I am rather proud of myself! Keep going hun, I think I would go crazy finishing work weeks before and waiting it out, i'd be jumping at any twinge!! :) X

Your not alone!

I've got 40 working days left! I've only really struggled the past few days, although I think its cause I'm not sleeping great (the cat keeps waking up at stupid o'clock crying for her breakfast!) and bubs is starting to stretch the top of my bump. God knows what I'll be like by 38 weeks!

"Waking up at stupid o'clock....":rofl:

Still working. I have no idea how many days I have left! I have a planned section on July 10th so I will be working until about then. Its hard but the way I think about it is its easier than being home chasing after my 18 month old ha ha...

I admit I just wanna cry when I see on here how most women get to go out a few weeks before their due date but I decided it's all in the attitude. I'm looking at it as a challenge (I'm very competitive) instead of throwing a hissy fit about how much it sucks! Just keep telling myself I CAN DO IT! We'll see how great my attitude is in a few more weeks.... lol

Your not alone!

Seriously! I think she has me in training for when the baby arrives! She woke up at 3.50am this morning crying to be fed! I think its just as dawn is about to break she decides its breakfast time! We've tried feeding her later at night, feeding bigger meals, EVERYTHING! but she just keeps on crying and wont shut up till shes had something to eat!

I'm still working and have another 20 working days to go. I finish work at 36 weeks exactly as I have quite a bit of holiday to take. I cant wait to finish although I an a little worried that with a possible 6 weeks off before my baby arrives i might get a little bored!!! Will just have to keep my fingers crossed little one is a few days early.

I'm working until I can't work anymore :rofl:. I run my own business (a B&B) so no rest for the wicked!! I can't complain though because I can be flexible depending on how busy things are. No maternity leave either so as long as I'm up to it I'll be juggling the newborn and work asap...but atleast OH can give a hand too between his own job. Well see how it goes....atleast the hospital's only 10 mins away if OH needs to drive back to give them their breakfast in between me pushing!! :wacko:
xxx

I’m still working as well. My boss and I made a deal, since we just fired the new temp (new girl that was to fill in while I am gone) that I would work all the way until I go to the hospital. This way it’ll give them more time to find a replacement and I can make sure my work stays on track.

I work for a company that owns a lot of other companies, so I do payroll, accounts receivable and so much more for just the 800 employees that I deal with. And I work with 3 other girls that have their own companies that they payout. In my line of work, there can be NO ERRORS.

So I’ll be working ALL the way until I go to the hospital. I’m a workaholic anyways. I don’t like to shit home and do nothing. It drives me nuts.

Your not alone!

Seriously! I think she has me in training for when the baby arrives! She woke up at 3.50am this morning crying to be fed! I think its just as dawn is about to break she decides its breakfast time! We've tried feeding her later at night, feeding bigger meals, EVERYTHING! but she just keeps on crying and wont shut up till shes had something to eat!

We have one cat who likes walking on our heads while we sleep and another who walks around the house loudly meowing what sounds like "Hello?" Hahaha, cats are so weird...

I admit I just wanna cry when I see on here how most women get to go out a few weeks before their due date but I decided it's all in the attitude. I'm looking at it as a challenge (I'm very competitive) instead of throwing a hissy fit about how much it sucks! Just keep telling myself I CAN DO IT! We'll see how great my attitude is in a few more weeks.... lol

If I'm being honest, I think I made my leave date earlier more because I'm tired of being at this horrible job and less that I'm worried about being uncomfortable :haha:

You are definitely not alone. I've got no motivation left and I feel so uncomfortable but can't afford to go on leave earlier.

SO my mat. leave starts on my due date and for now I plan to use 2 weeks of my holiday before which means I have 30 working days left and will be 38 weeks then.

If only I could fast forward..:cry: dunno how to cope

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->