Ladies who are still working

I could have carried on working about another 3 or 4 weeks but decided...why should I ? Lol

Finished today woo hoo!

I wanted to work as far up as possible. I have booked my mat leave to start on 22nd July. I'm due the 8th.
It's a massive busy time for us at work so I may push it back a week or two to take me to 38/39 weeks when I leave.

As long as I can still drive! My legs are short n the seat in my car is as far back as I can have it and still touch the pedals.

i have 31 working days left (including today) but i HOARDED my vacation time this year so i am taking a weeks holidays from June 10-14th... so i will be 33 weeks then. and i booked 2 weeks holidays from July 15 - July 27th and im due Aug 1st. So technically i finish on July 12th and i'll be 37 weeks. With my first i worked up till 39 weeks. I am ok during the day - im just really really drained at night time. Luckily both myself and my 2 year old are sleeping pretty well these days.

Still working over here too! My OH & I run our own business (restaurant) and I do some outside sales on the side so no rest for me. Although it helps that I can sleep in as long as I please and make my own hours, plus I thrive off being busy and hate sitting around. I think I would be miserable if I had to wake up at a set time each day and drag myself to an office too. Ill probably work in some fashion right until I go to labor (our restaurant is big Into social media and blogging so I can do this from home). I do plan to take time off from the sales I do after baby is born, but as long as I can manage a newborn and some aspects of our restaurant ill try and help out when I can! We live round the corner so I can have a lot of sahm benefits while still helping my OH out in our business :)

I am working and SO sosossosSO ready to be done. :coffee:
I only have 2 weeks left but it is taking forever. My boss did this annoying thing where he said he's going to see if I can get off early, with pay, just depends on how work goes. So now for the past month I've been eagerly waiting to get my leave early, but it's probably not going to happen :( I wish he hadn't said anything!

I just feel ready to meet my sweet baby <3 I think about her all the time and dream! Plus we are moving on our last day of work (work provides our house and when we go on leave we have to move out) so we've been plugging away with boxes for the last month and I'm sick and tired of living in the disaster of a half packed house!!!!

Go time go!

I am working up until I deliver but I work part-time, about 20 hours/week. Gives me time to get some rest between work days and get the house ready for baby girl. I could take off if I wanted I suppose, but I think I would get bored. I also have had a fairly easy pregnancy, yeah I have aches and pains and feel huge lol but nothing that bad so that helps a lot!

Still working, though I've been eased off most of the more physical duties. I'm at a point where 20 minutes of being on my feet doing something does my back in. Even just doing some dishes or folding some laundry kills me. I still end up having to stock the store at the end of the night, though because my husband never remembers to come over and do it.

Due to various issues with the extra help we're arranged for not working out, no maternity leave for me and probably straight back to work in the office, baby in arms.

I am 34 weeks, so 6 weeks = 30 working days until my due date. My past two arrived 2-3 weeks early, so hopefully less time that that!!!! I'm pretty darn impressed with my own awesomeness! Not one day of sick or vacation used this entire pregnancy, I've been saving them all for my baby girl! Mind over matter, Ladies! We ARE the stronger sex!

I'm in NY too....still working...and will be!! Soooooo tired of taking the damn train every day!!! So many rude New Yorkers who can't get their ass up to give a seat...!

I am working right up until my due date - so 9 working weeks or 45 working days to go.

Still working. 2 more weeks to go until maternity leave (1 week before use date).

Working up until delivery, currently 32 weeks and struggling! Just can't seem to get comfortable in the office, but want to save maternity leave for when my baby is here.

I'm still working, and will prob switch the answerphone on for a couple of days after she's born. Am warning clients that they may not always be able to get hold of me immediately and could hear a screaming baby when they ring lol! It's my own business so can't stop or else everything will go to pot!!

I'm due Thursday 27th June and start Mat leave Tuesday 25th.
Am saving all my annual for afterwards so am gagging for some days off (been so thankful for bank holidays :D)
I too am jealous of ladies who have finished already.
Currently 36 weeks +2 and I have 16 shifts left

(Ignore the ticker, it's the LMP one rather than the scan date and I have had no idea how to change it for the last 6 months :p)

I'm working up until EDD or I deliver. So approx 54 working days. Or up to 64 working days (how depressing).

Though, we have to use a week of PTO before our benefits kick in. I get paid STD for 6 weeks if vaginal delivery, so if I work up until I delivery, I don't know if that gives me 6 or 7 weeks off. If it only gives me 6, I may see about leaving a week early if I'm going to lose my vacation week as part of my 6 weeks.

I can take up to 12 weeks, but only 6 weeks is paid after delivery (though STD will kick in prior if I'm signed off, so maybe it'll be worth taking off early?).

My last day of work will be this upcoming Friday. I will be 38+5 ... Due June 17. I have accumulated only 8 days of vacation or I would have stopped working sooner.

Some days are really hard where I'm tired and have no energy, but I'm in Canada where we get a full year of Maternity Leave so want to maximize the year off with my LO. Not entirely sure whether I'll be retuning to work afterwards but keeping my options open :)

My husband and I run our own business from home. So I'm working till she arrives then planning to both have at least 2 weeks off, though hoping we can answer emails and that Oh can keep on top of some things so it's not overwhelming.
I'm already doing less hours as I get so uncomfortable sat at my desk. But at least it's all very flexible. I do a few hours every day rather than Mon to Friday. Hoping to squeeze in a couple of days off next week for a baby moon

Hi, ill be working til I'm 37 weeks. I feel fine at work, its everyone else who seems to think i cant do anything! Very annoying.

I work for my parents in their restaurant, so it's flexible. I can say "I'm done" whenever with not much notice. So far, the only hard part has been the lack of air conditioning in the kitchen. I'm a Server and of course we have to keep going back and forth to get food and drinks in the kitchen. The heat really gets to me, being chunky to begin with and now 7 months pregnant. I did buy one of those sport cooling towels to wear around my neck, which helps a little bit. I think by early July when it gets in the upper 90's in Ohio I won't be able to take it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->