Ladies who have had the glucose tolerance test?

familygirl30

Reaction score
I'm having mine tomorrow,for u ladies that have a high bmi and a sweet tooth,any of u found u have GD?or does the amount of sugar u have not make a difference?Also was u weighed at the appointment or jus have blood tests?im in the uk

I am overweight and have been eating chocolate/etc throughout this whole pregnancy and I don't have GD. My mother was in top shape at 21 (military) when she got pregnant with me, and ended up developing GD. Boggles my mind!

I didn't have to fast for my test; they just gave me the orange drink and then took bloodwork an hour later. I'm in the US though.

Good luck!

Thank u,I just got confused weather u can develop it if have alot of sugar in your diet

GD isn't caused by a high BMI, it is hormone related. So, thin women can get is just as easily, even if they have a healthy diet. A high bmi is a risk factor, though.

I really don't think a crappy diet necessarily causes it, I've always been told (and read) that it is all about the hormones...which makes sense since even with a healthy diet you can get it.

I have never been weighed at the lab for GD testing.

GD isn't caused by eating too much sugar, but can make your numbers worse. Most of the time they try to diet control it rather than adding medications. If you are already eating a healthy diet you may be controlling it on your own before diagnosis, but would still show up when you get the sugar shock from the test. For some people diet is not enough though and they need to add medications to help. High BMI is a risk, but anyone can develop it. Those with PCOS are at increased risk also because they normally already have some level of insulin resistance that increases in pregnancy (which is what GD is, increased IR that leads to sugar remaining in the blood instead of being used by the body).

The only person I know that has got it was a skinny minny that was really healthy. I'm chunky and lazy when it comes to food I've never had it with my girls I have my test tomorrow for this pregnancy I have a feeling I'm going to have it but whatever lol

No weigh in, just the test. I didn't have GD. My sugar levels were lower after the test than before :rofl:

The only person I know that has got it was a skinny minny that was really healthy. I'm chunky and lazy when it comes to food I've never had it with my girls I have my test tomorrow for this pregnancy I have a feeling I'm going to have it but whatever lol

Do u get weighed at this test?im hoping not after the Easter treats I've had

When I had my test done they didn't weigh me - but then mine was done in a lab - might depend on whether you are having it done at your doctors office or in a lab? good luck!

I am healthy eater, i do prenatal yoga ever other day and I failed my one hour by 8 points. I was shocked. But I passed my 3 hour by 20 or so points. I don't think it matters your body type.

i just took my 2 hour fasting glucose test, awful! i failed my one hour one which just consisyed of drinking the orange drink and getting your blood drawn an hour later. i do have pcos so maybe thats why my sugars are alittle high:-(

I'm having mine tomorrow,for u ladies that have a high bmi and a sweet tooth,any of u found u have GD?or does the amount of sugar u have not make a difference?Also was u weighed at the appointment or jus have blood tests?im in the uk

Just blood tests, have a sweet tooth, a high BMI - lovely GD results! :happydance:

I got weighed. I have GD and am a uk 8/10, work out 5-6 days a wk, normal BMI and don't eat much sugar, no risk factors so IMO it's hormone relegated. Good luck xx

Do u get weighed at this test?im hoping not after the Easter treats I've had

Ill end up being weighed but only cuz its also my reg dr app so they do it every time. I had a diff dr for my last two and they didn't weiggh me but I just showed up to the lab part.

I ate a lot of junk over easter as well :haha: so hard not to! I'm trying to be extra good today lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->