Laparoscopy next month nervous! Anyone else?

Kelstar82

Reaction score
Hi everyone

After TTC for over 2 years i recently had an HSG which showed the dye wasnt passing through my tubes as it should.

I am now scheduled for a Lap & Dye Test and im extremely nervous as have never had an op.

Just looking for positive stories or anyone in the same situation.

😊😊😊

Hey, I had a laparoscopy in 2009 and it wasn't too bad. They blasted away some endo. I remember being very emotional afterwards (woke up crying after the op lol) but it was ok.

Wishing you lots of luck, hope it helps you get your :bfp:

Thankyou so much xx That means a lot x

Just wish it was over :/ xx never had surgery before.

I really hope it helps us.

If not then its the IVF route next year x :)

Thanks for your positive input xxx

I don't have advice but I do wish you the best of luck and keep positive:hugs:, this is one step close to bfp! Sending lots of good energy your way!

hi yes I have had 2 surgeries for endo first one was worse and very sore after sorry just trying to give you an honest opinion the second one was sore but I healed quicker you just have to take it easy for a week. you will get cramping just get a lot of painkillers. hope all does well for you :hugs:

Hi Kelstar. I am also supposed to get a laparoscopy in the next couple of months and I'm nervous about it too. My doc thinks I may have adhesions covering my ovaries that's preventing the eggs from getting where they need to be. I have had a persistent follicular cyst for several months that won't go away, so my doc said that is a red flag for adhesions.

I guess I'll have some endometriosis when they look into it since I've never had a pelvic infection or surgery that would have caused the adhesions. The good thing is that I've read tons of success stories of women getting pregnant afterward. It's amazing what they can do with this surgery.

The pain is only temporary but a baby is forever!

Hi Calidreaming

I have my Lap on 20th of this month ... Eek x actually in a way im excited as its one step closer to a BFP :) xx how long have you been TTC? X

Kelstar. It's been 18 months for us. The longest 18 months of my life!

Im nearly 3 years so i know exactly how you feel :( xxx hopefully you get your appointment for lap soon x im so nervous 2 weeks on Monday xxx

Oh wow three years. I know all those years must have taken their toll. Hopefully after your lap in two weeks, you'll get a bfp quickly. I've read soooo many women who got their bfp within three months after the lap.

Just think, in a couple of months, all of this suffering over TTC could be a thing of the past. It took me 8 months to conceive dd and back then that felt like forever. But the second I got that bfp all that pain was forgotten! Funny how life can change so quickly!

I know my friend fell pregnant after the lap so fingers crossed it helps in some way... :) and ive read so many postive stories :)

IVF next year if im not successful by then so heres hoping it will happen soon xxx :)

Its been tough but got to stay positive x

:dust: Hi you ladies Im also having a laparoscopy done on august the 16th.Ive never had surgery done before,its for tubal blockage.I had a sonogram done and the saline fluid didnt spill out of both of the tubes plus it was extremly painful.Im very scared....I was wondering how soon do they give you fertility drugs after surgery and does anyone have a success story for laparoscopy & blocked tubes.All I know is im getting a hysteroscopy,laparoscopy & hsg all in one.I was just wondering how long im gonna be under for and how painful on a level of 1-10.Thank you <3 :coffee:

I am also getting a lap for pelvic pain. Its a diagnostic lap but he is also going to check to see if my tube(s) is blocked. I am nervous only because I am afraid I won't have my answer to why I am in pain all the time. I hope everyone's lap goes well and we all get :bfp:

Hey i am exact same had an hsg and dye didnt spill out both sides so now onto lap xx

I didnt find it a nice experience but at least with the lap we will be under anaesthetic. Although i have also never had surgery and im freaking out :( xx i know once this is done at least they will see what the problem is xxx

When are u getting lap V1128? Im going in 10 days time eeek!

If anyone has positive stories please let us know :))))

Xxxxx

I am also getting a lap for pelvic pain. Its a diagnostic lap but he is also going to check to see if my tube(s) is blocked. I am nervous only because I am afraid I won't have my answer to why I am in pain all the time. I hope everyone's lap goes well and we all get :bfp:

Hi
I'm booked in for my lap nx month, 12th June &#128513;.
I am also getting a lap for pelvic pain. Its a diagnostic lap but he is also going to check to see if it's endometriosis. Have not conceived once since having my son 13 years ago.

Hoping this will finally shed some light on it. Booked a week off work, never had surgery b4 so am terrified.

Would love to know the how bad the pain is afterwards. Really worried x

Im the exact same ... Petrified in fact x i too have booked a week off work x im just praying i get some answers and hopefully get a bfp soon... Its all so draining :( xxx

My doctor hasn't called yet to schedule the lap. I was told Tuesday that I would need it done since the pain is constant and it has lasted more than 6 months. He also said the same that I may have endometriosis. I have never been pregnant :cry:. I too hope that it gives me an answer to this mysterious pain. I have had over 10 ultrasounds for the pain and no one has seen anything in the area that the pain is located. And when they are done looking at the ultrasound I always hear the same thing that I shouldn't be hurting all the time since I am 22 ugh. If that was the case I would not be paying co-pays to see doctors about it. Every doctor I went to before seeing this doctor that is going to do the lap would talk to me like I am young and dumb when I am not that at all. My last doctor was mad because I'm not preventing pregnancy while trying to get rid of the pain. I never thought pregnancy had anything to do with my pain. So when I tell them I am in a stable relationship and I'm getting married next year they say "wait until after your married before getting pregnant". I thought I was paying them to find out why I am in pain not to lecture me or be my therapist

I just got my surgery date. It's tentatively set for May 22.

Kelstar, looks like you'll be going first and can tell us all about it. Paulswifey, I was so excited to get my date, but now that I have it I'm starting to freak out. I've never had surgery either!

VP1228, I had to wait 2 weeks to get my date from the date of my consultation. It was the most agonizing 2 weeks of my life! Good for you for continuing to push to get them to do something about your pain. I can't believe your doctor told you to wait until you're married to get pregnant. He has no right to get into your personal business. That was so unprofessional!

I just got my surgery date. It's tentatively set for May 22.

Kelstar, looks like you'll be going first and can tell us all about it. Paulswifey, I was so excited to get my date, but now that I have it I'm starting to freak out. I've never had surgery either!

VP1228, I had to wait 2 weeks to get my date from the date of my consultation. It was the most agonizing 2 weeks of my life! Good for you for continuing to push to get them to do something about your pain. I can't believe your doctor told you to wait until you're married to get pregnant. He has no right to get into your personal business. That was so unprofessional!

My fiance wanted to go beat him up after I told him about it. My mom said he had no right to tell me that and I should sue him lol. But I am so happy I never have to see him again. My new doctor is understanding and he answers all my questions. I was ready to give up and just live with the pain but now I feel like it will finally be over or at least not as bad. I am ovulating today and I am in so much pain that BD is completely out of my schedule :nope:. I keep hoping that I will get pregnant before or after the lap :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->