Large Fundal Height at 16 weeks?

DaisyDreamer

mama to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just got back from my prenatal appt and the MW told me that I am large for my gestational age. Normally they don't whip out the tape measure at 16 wks but my womb was measuring above my navel!
An ultrasound is schedule for the next few weeks and there was only 1 heartbeat on the doppler but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else with happy healthy babies? I am not overweight I don't think it is gestational diabetes

Thanks for reading

Once they rule out gestational diabetes they can hopefully give you an idea of whats going on. They may just send you for extra monitoring and non-stress tests throughout your pregnancy.

I measured huge with my second son, and he was really high above my navel early on (I had no lung capacity by the end and was constantly out of breath). He was just a really long (literally off the charts) baby taking up a ton of room. And now he's a really tall (3ft 1in) 17 month old :)

Good luck, hope everything is ok!

Thanks! I talked to a friend and she said the same thing about her 2nd son, 3rd pregnancy. Just a singleton but she was measuring above her navel early on as well....

The waiting period for the U/S seems endless. Think everything will be okay though, will update in a few weeks when I know what the deal is!

I wouldn't worry about it, I've always measured bigger than normal at first but my babies are actually pretty small ;) at 16 weeks I measured 4 weeks ahead:shock: I finally at my last appointment measured right on track and that was my 31/32 week appointment! I don't know if it's because I'm short and it just has no where to go or what but it's definitely not because of weight gain either because I've lost 20lbs and still haven't gained any of it back haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->