Larger ladies....chub rub??!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
I need some help advice from the larger ladies out there, about the wonder that is chub rub!!

In the hot months I've never ever been able to go bare legged because my thighs rub like mad. I've not found any sort of cream/talc/deodorant etc that helps. On holiday I wear long shorts, and over here its never usually hot enough to worry, I just wear leggings!!

Now today I'm melting and going out for a BBQ and I desperately want to get my legs out! Plus the only shorts I have are maternity ones and I don't really like them!!

I was considering cutting down an old pair of leggings to wear under a dress but will people be able to see it?? And if I cut them really short so people can't see I might still get chub rub!!! I seriously need new shorts lol, I just wish I could wear a dress today :-( help!!!

When I was bigger I used to apply roll on deoderant to the inside of my thighs and sit there for 10 minutes to let it dry properly. I found that stopped my legs rubbing for the whole day. Maybe give that a go if you've not already tried it? :)

Well I'm a larger lady but tbh I had that problem and stopped wearing skirts when I was a size 14

Answers on a postcard please!

I wear dressed and skirts but only i I know I don't have very far to walk. The feeling of my thighs rubbing together makes me feels sick!

But then I've always had bigish thighs and they rubbed when I was a size 10 so I'm buggered now :haha:

What about cutting flesh coloured tights? Might work. If not just waddle about haha. Enjoy your bbq. X

You can get shorts from Evans to stop it. I just wear cropped leggings underneath dresses though, you can see the leggings but I just make it look like part of the outfit :winkwink:

I've used normal talc and that works well for me but doesn't last the day. I've also tried a roll on deodorant which worked a lot longer but had to wait to let it dry.

I'm sure there's stuff made by lanacane or whatever it's name is that is specifically made for rubbing.

Cutting off tights and leggings is useless, without the extra elastic at the cuff Where you cut them i find they roll up.

I have the "shorts" from Evans which are fab but make sure you wear cotton knickers and maybe a scented liner, it can get warm!

I use the shorts from Evans or incorporate cropped leggings into the outfit.

Ooh thanks ladies I didn't know about the shorts from Evans will look into that!! I've found any form of roll on etc just wears off after a while and I end up waddling!! I don't want to give up skirts or dresses :-(

I ended up wearing the one pair of shorts I own, they're demon knee length ones but I rolled them up t just above my knees and wore a short dress type thing, it looked ok!! Think I need to invest in crop leggings too!! Even at my skinniest size 16 (when I had no belly etc, at 5ft 11 that's the smallest I think I can get while looking healthy!) I still had it happen, sucks though!

I use the pound shop equivalent of bio oil your thighs just glide against each other. It eventually wears off but it does last few hours.

i have this issue too,first time for me (im now a 12) and ive been using roll on deodrant and letting it dry.

I'm a size 16 so I get this a lot :( I cut the legs off an old pair of leggings and wore them under my dress! They are *just* the right legnth as not to be seen lol. If you measure them first then cut them where you'd jist about get away with it, you'll be fine. X

I cut some tights the other day and that seemed to work. They rolled a couple of times but I rolled them back down and all was fine.

I got hot though, that was the only downside.

When I start my massive weight loss/fitness plan I want to try and make my thighs smaller.

My sister in law still has this and she's size 10-12!

I just wear leggings under,but I only wear dresses abroad so not a regular thing.

I use the shorts from Evans or incorporate cropped leggings into the outfit.

Same here! Or I have this stuff called Bodyglide that is apparently used by runners and that works for half a day or so but does need reapplying after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->