• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laser Eye Surgery - update.

He said it was a bit weird, but only for the first part . They make a flap out of the epithelial or something, which was weird to see. But he said he couldn't feel anything, and his other eye was covered. After that you just look at a red light (the laser) but you can't feel anything or see anything except a light.

He also said there's a faint smell of burnt hair for a few seconds, but that's it. He said it was much easier than he expected x

I had a call from optical express today ive got a consultation appoint for 20th july.

If i did get it done do they do payment plans?

I had a call from optical express today ive got a consultation appoint for 20th july.

They do. We didn't, because we're students. So finance is a pain.

But they do for anyone that's employed x

My cousin had it done, not wanting to wear glasses for college. And it worked a treat. She had it done in the morning, she went to work that afternoon! And it barely cost her anything/

They do. We didn't, because we're students. So finance is a pain.

But they do for anyone that's employed x

Would have to be in ohs name then lol.

Just gonna see what they say and go from there. They said ill get a eye test and a prescription do u only get a prescription if u get the surgery done

They gave oh an eye test and new prescription, before we decided if we were going ahead with the surgery :)

Ask about 'discount days' if you do it soon, you can get 10-20% off. And! You can use my other halfs name as a referral if you like. They tend to offer you £100- 200 off. Message me if you want his details. X

Would u still get the discount if u did payment plan? Couldnt afford to pay it all at once

Yes. :) he just has to send you a voucher via email with his name on I think, to take to your consultation. Give it to them AFTER they quote you a price, but before booking. X

I would love to get this done but I can't get them making a flap in your eye :(

I would love to get this done but I can't get them making a flap in your eye :(

You don't feel it, sweetie. He said he didn't feel the whole thing. They just lift the top layer on your eye, so that they can use the laser. It's then replaced, and left to heal.

Oh is great today . Every time he uses the drops he feels a bit crap, but then he's fine. Went in today and the surgeon couldn't believe how well he's healing, especially as he's diabetic. :) he walked around town fine, no glasses, no sunglasses. Just a bit blurred and painful for an hour whenever he has to use the drops (every 4 hours) x

I'm super late to this but I had the surgery 2.5 years ago. My entire family has had the surgery actually. My mom was the first (15 years ago). It was one of the best decisions in my life. I hate wearing glasses so I always did contacts which I think is also a pain in the butt.

No one in my family has had a reaction or anything. I recovered very fast and it was the best $4000 CAD I spent all my life :)

Sounds like he's doing great.

How did he feel when they cut his eye? You said he couldn't feel it but did he not freak it seeing them do it? I don't know if i could but it must be amazing to not need glasses or contacts! xx

He was really freaking out before hand about seeing it.. But one eye was covered. He said he could see them move the clamp towards his eye which was a little 'weird' but it was easy to deal with because he couldn't feel it. He said that's all he saw, until the flashing light of the laser he was told to focus on :) he was very squeamish and terrified, and he came out after literally 2 minutes ( I managed to read 3 bnb posts in the waiting room) and said 'wow.. Was that it? ' they give you an anaesthetic eye drop which makes the procedure a breeze

He sAid hearing about it is a lot worse than going in.

Today he's fine, he's still light sensitive. He has no pain at all (he's diabetic and meant to heal slower) he has no dryness or irritation. All he has, for an hour after taking his drops every 4 hours, is a little blurred vision and finds it hard to keep his eyes open. He can't watch TV or go outside without sunglasses though, because his eyes stream lol.

He gets his bandage lenses taken out Friday, and should have his perfect vision and no irritation then x

I agree you really cant feel or see it being done, I asked my surgeon would he let me know when he was done with the flap and he said too late ive already done it.
I didnt experience the blurry vision after drops but I had 1 eye that always got dry and blurry if I wore a lot makeup for about the first 6 months. Glad hes heeling well

I freak getting eye drops :dohh:
What do you mean bandage lenses? X

Just a contact lens they put in for a few days to aid healing. Can't see or feel it x

Hey girls,

So.. Update. He had his bandage lenses out on Friday.. It's now Sunday, he can see perfectly. He's apparently not finished healing.. So it'll get even better, but his vision is brilliant :) he can see better than when wearing his glasses before! He has no discomfort, no pain.. Literally it's as if he never needed glasses. Best £1000 ever spent x

That's great. I'm very jealous :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"