last month mommas, how much are you working?

paintrider89

Reaction score
I am determined to work up until baby comes, and as of now I am working about 30 hours a week, in a physically active job, but I can't keep it up :nope:
I recently told my boss that I can only work 6 hour days, maybe 7 on slow days, and he complied, but I have maintained my 5 days a week, but at the end of my 2 days off I am still competly exausted! :sleep:
I have been having more BH, and they are making me nauseous, and as I work around food all day, it isn't going well. Yesterday I left after 2 hours, and felt bad for leaving them hanging, but between the nausea and hot flashes working by the oven, I was just done
Today I plan on letting my boss know I want 3, MAYBE 4 days a week, in hopes that the extra days off will be more restful (haha, with an 18 month old)
I need to keep going, as I don't get any maternity leave, and its nice to have the extra bit of money, and I feel like a wimp because I hear about so many ladies working up until theu go into labor.
Sorry for the moan, but its 6am and here I am at work, when my nice warm bed is ALL I really want. :coffee:

Everyone is different. Do what you can but don't force yourself - you don't want to hurt you or the baby. Can you do some less physical work? I'm due on Thursday and my last day was Friday. My job isn't physical - it's mostly on the computer - but I couldn't do it anymore. Just being up and out for 8 hours is exhausting.

Paintrider I'm working 35 hour weeks but I'm a graphic designer at a desk job! You just can't compare that to an active job. The most strain I feel is when I choose to take the stairs up to my floor on 6 to ensure my back end doesn't get too flabby:haha: And the minute I feel like staying home my company will pay 90% sick leave or our gov't pays 55% unemployment insurance. So if you need the money try to balance the hours with your economic needs, maybe more shifts but shorter? I know I'd just sit and eat and watch tv if I stayed at home so I'm working right up to the 1st (edd oct 5 same as induction). You just do what you can, I'm sorry you don't have more benefits either from your company or government - that's just not fair.

Don't beat yourself up, do what you can and shake it off. Tell your boss how much you appreciate his accommodations and leave it at that!

I'm working in a hospital and cut my hours from 40+ to 30 some and that was still very painful for me after 8 hour days. Even after 4 hours of being on my feet constantly was getting to me.
The last 2 wks I worked about 20 hours one and 30 the other, but they were mainly 4 hour shifts.

Tomorrow is my last day as I'm 38 weeks and couldn't possibly tolerate lifting, walking, swelling, etc any more :/

Everyone is different some women find pregnancy much easier than others, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and my job is an office job but does have physical side to it when it's busy and it's been very busy lately but even on quiet days I am physically exhausted so my last week is this week as I want some time to myself just to relax and get anything sorted I need to do before baby comes.
All I can say is do what is best for you and your baby I understand you want to work as you don't get maternity and every penny counts but you and your baby health is the most important thing.

Have you any holiday you can use? I'm planning on working until my due date, but I still have about 4 weeks of holiday saved up so I'll actually be leaving a month before.

I work in a bakery, so its lifting (though my co workers do all of my heavy stuff) bending, walking and standing all day.
I only started about 8 months ago and its part time, so no vacation or sick time unfortunately.
TBH I like the activw job, I think it has kept me much more in shape than my stay at home pregnacy with DD. Its just the on my feet time is getting to me aomething fierce, and the bending is starting to make me light headed and winded as I get bigger.
Another thing is the hours, its 4am (5 or 6 weekends) to 10 or 12ish. Put that with a toddler who doesn't go to bed until 9 or 10 and up every hour to pee, and I feel like a zombie all day.

I'm still working over 40 hrs a week and finding it totally exhausting. I will go until just after 36 weeks and then stop. I'm a lawyer so the work is more mentally than physically exhausting but my main problem is that I am unable to sleep so I go into the office like a zombie. I really didn't think it would be this hard, but I seem to have hit a wall.

I'm 35 + 2 and work about 45 hours plus some work at home in the evenings. 2 more weeks to go for me and I can't wait!

My plans changed. Last Friday was going to be my last day, but here I am at work. I'm due on Thursday (Oct 1) and my NEW last day is this Friday (Oct 2). I honestly think it all depends on you and the type of job you are working. I want to give up everyday and I hate being here, but my goal was to have the most time with my baby as possible. Plus, I mostly sit at a computer.

Hopefully cutting back will help you cope. Hugs.

I'm at 38+4 and still doing 40-45 hours a week here. I am an attorney also! So there is nothing physical about my job, I rarely even take the stairs. If I was bending and lifting I think I would be cutting way back or staying at home already.

I am planning on working until my due date which is a week from this Thursday, or possibly the day after, Friday. After that I'm done. I want to stay as long as possible to extend the time I have with baby, but on my due date it'll be max 2 weeks til they induce me anyway so might as well stay home and get some cleaning done.

I think you're one tough lady, I'm working 40hrs a week until about 1 week before my due date and then I'll be on maternity leave. My job is just sitting at a computer all day so it's not physically challenging like yours.

Honestly I think everyonr at work in suprised I am still comming to work. They keep telling me not to pop while I am there (apparently my belly looks 'ready')

I stopped at 38+4.. Mainly because i was bored! I had done all of my work and passed on my case load to others so i was going to work to do nothing. SO ive taken vacation time up until my Edd. I could have worked longer but to be honest whenever i had to work i wouldnt sleep the night before.. And i was going on my second week of that. So i figured why bother

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->