Last Nights Corrie made me cry

Jody R

Reaction score
Did anyone watch it?

Fizz went to the solicitor about the will and told him about Hope.

At the end of the meeting he said "you must be very worried" and she said "you have no idea."

And then he said "actually I do, we had a premature daughter, she would be 30 now. The first time we held her properly was the day she died."

And I was in floods. It was so unexpected and the man who played to solicitor was just perfect.

The look on his face was absolutely right, I've seen people saying similar things and looking like that. Well, I've said them myself and I know that's how I must look when I tell people about Ally and Elisabeth.

Eastenders could learn a lot from that tiny scene. They've got that storyline running for weeks and not once have they managed to get it as right as Corrie in those few seconds.

Thirty years later and that man was still living it as though it were yesterday and with the exactly perfect mixture of sadness and pride when he spoke about his daughter.

Such a spot on thing for a soap to get right when they usually have characters forget all about things like this within just an episode or two.

I didn't see it but it would've made me cry too. Can't imagine how hard it would be to watch something like that when you've actually experienced it :hugs:

yes i saw this too and it made me have a few tears. what he said was so touching and poigniant.

big hugs to you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->