Last phase in WTT!!!

Widget

Pregnant with Baby #1
Reaction score
I am taking my last BCP tonight and then its the big wait for a regular cycle!!

I have a question however, since we are getting married in two months I really don't know if its a good idea to conceive now (dress is bought and already tight!). How common is it to get pregnant immediately when you stop taking the pill?

Well,I've been believe it's very common to get pregnant very quickly after coming off the pill... loads of people have told me they're got pregnant straight away when they stopped and the nurse reccommended that I don't come off the pill until I'm at the stage when I'd be happy to be pregnant straight away. I've also read info to back this up - basically when you come off the pill your fertility will be really high for a few months - some sort of surge if you like - and then will drop for up to a year... That's the reason I'm not stopping the pill until August when I'd be happy to get pregnant :) So to be honest, if I were you, I'd leave it until nearer the wedding to stop the pill!!!! But of course it's your decision, and there's no guarantee it will happen quickly... Good luck xxx

I agree with the above poster if I was you I would wait until after your wedding to come of the pill but ultimatley the descision is yours. I too also know of a few people who feel pregnant within a month of being of the pill. And my aunty feel about three days after coming of the pill . I suppose it just depends on your body and what life has planned out for you . Sorry if not much help

My doctor told me to wait till I was ready to get pregnant before I went to get off the pill. I was staying on for endo pain but asked if I could stop it to get used to being off the pill but she said they recommend going off and trying immediately so that's my plan. I'll be off in a little more than a week then off to try right then if that will help me better.

If you aren't looking to conceive I would stay on it a while longer. Caroline said it best and it goes with what I've read and with what my doctor mentioned.

You are VERY fertile when coming off BCPs!! Careful! :)

I think I'd be more worried about sickness than getting into my dress at 8 weeks pregnant. I can't imagine anything worse than feeling sick all day on your wedding day :nope:

Why don't you just use condoms until wedding night to make sure?

I got 1st BFP the month I came off BCP, so be careful. Also 8 weeks is where bloating ans sickness really do kick in!
Good luck for wedding and baby making.

hey hun i was on the evra patch which uses the same hormones as the pill, i accidently forgot one and i was pregnant with this baby so it can happen really quickly. But u wouldnt have a bump at 8 weeks you probably would feel rotten though.

If it was me I would wait until after the wedding. I'd be worried about sickness and the possibility of AF on our wedding day.

I came of my BCP this month but I have nothing to really wait for to get preggers for it wouldnt be the end of the world.

We are NTNP at the moment so maybe Ill get lucky? Haha.

xxx

I came of my BCP this month but I have nothing to really wait for to get preggers for it wouldnt be the end of the world.

We are NTNP at the moment so maybe Ill get lucky? Haha.

xxx

Lets hope so!!! :happydance: I had no idea that women are often extra fertile after coming off the pill!! In fact, I thought it was the opposite!

Woop, great news :) I cant wait to take that last pill :happydance:

xxx

I got pregnant on the pill, so did my sister. We just missed a couple. We were both on it for 6 years!! So I'd say its def possible to get preg the first month off.

I got pregnant within 2 weeks of being off the pill. I think you're very fertile when coming off of the pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->