Late ovulation after miscarriage

Ugh, just got caught up on your last few posts. What's the current status? People can be so insensitive and callous. I am sorry. Praying all is going okay for you!

Still ticking along. Had an OB appointment last week which was fine. They're just saying the same thing. As long as bloodflow stays OK (has been normal the past few weeks) and baby shows no signs of distress they'll keep them in till 36 weeks. The growth is what it is, if it keeps dropping its concerning but delivering and risking both of them isn't really worth it yet. She's still growing pretty well just not as well as they'd like but he wasn't that bothered by that. Just said its a matter of waiting and watching. If we get to a point of them being better of out than in they'll deliver. In the mean time while waiting we are at risk of losing a baby. It's tough living day to day not knowing what will happen. I feel like im waiting for shit to hit the fan but have some moments of calm knowing that we are doing all that we can and its out of our hands. We will hope for the best and deal with what we need to. Really hoping to get to 36 weeks though (8 weeks to go).

Growth scan and another OB appointment this week and MFM the following week. Will be interesting to see what they say, hopefully get a better idea of where they think we are at and what the plan is.

Time is dragging so I'm trying to keep busy and enjoy my boy. I want to start nesting and preparing but I'm too scared to. Maybe around 30 weeks.

Have my flu, whooping cough and anti d injections this week too and are getting a new bed delivered. Also going shopping to get bits and pieces for my hospital bag this week. Regardless of how things go I will end up in hospital so will give me something to do. Might let me feel a little more in control.

We are also preparing to tell my husbands brothers this week. We haven't told anyone really as I was kind of hoping it would be a non issue and would go away buy at the very least we will be ending up with prem babies one of whom will be very small. So I feel its time to let them know about the situation to get some support. I also want to try to minimise the comments once they're here about how small she is or questions about what's wrong with her or what went wrong. I dunno. Hopefully sharing will help and won't make us feel worse.

So that's everything going on here. Lots of waiting. Hoping for the best. Preparing for the potential worse.

How are you doing. Third tri already! So exciting. Can't wait to see what you end up having. Hope baby is treating you well and you don't have too much drama going on with your house now xx

Thanks for the update, Chicky. Agreed that getting your hospital bag in order seems like a good way to help you feel in control and less stressed. Especially since you might have a longer than average hospital stay.

Have you talked to your family yet about what's going on? It will be good to have their support throughout your pregnancy and once the twins are born.

I'm doing pretty well. DS started "camp" two mornings a week so it's felt very luxurious to get a little break. The house has continued to be lots of drama and stress. I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be pretty brutal until we move in. We are tentatively planning to move August 1....

xoxo

Continued frustration here, was meant to have a hospital appointment tomorrow to go over the results of the growth scan we have in the morning, they've scheduled it for the end of July. That's where public health care falls down, I'm extremely lucky that all this extra monitoring and services aren't costing me a thing but I do wonder about how well these people communicate with each other... Sigh. Never mind. I have a midwife appointment anyway which I was going to cancel but kept just in case so will talk to them about it! I don't feel comfortable not being seen till I'm 34 weeks! MFM next week too so that will be good, will be great to hear what they're thinking about how things are going now.

My family have known since the beginning pretty much. Mum has been a huge support looking after our boy when we have appointments and things and I have been spending a lot of time leaning on her. Dad doesn't really talk about it. My sister has been pretty good but she is busy with her own life. She's made meals and come and helped clean my house once but tends to have things come up and have to change plans when she's organised to spend a day with me. Which is what it is, I get that when you work and have kids etc things come up at the last minute but I end up sitting waiting and she doesn't let me know till the end of the day.

Told one of my brother in laws last night, went well. They asked a lot of questions and were positive and supportive without seeming like they were pitying us. Offered to help whenever we need it and all that so feels good to have them know about it now.

Telling his other brother tonight so hopefully that will go well. Means another late night though and our son doesn't handle late nights well and will wake up throughout the night which is always heaps of fun.

A break a couple of times a week sounds fantastic. So nice for this end stretch of your pregnancy and for some one on one time once baby arrives! I should look into popping DS into kindy soon. Was going to wait till 2.5years but might be good for us all sooner. I know he would love it.

So sorry the house continues to cause grief, August is just around the corner though so fingers crossed!

Will let you know how the growth scan goes tomorrow although I think its with a sonographer I don't like who doesn't tell you much. Hopefully baby girl has grown a decent amount. She feels like she's a lot stronger now but who knows! Xxx

Checking in Chicky... how are you doing? Hope you're hanging in there and those babies are continuing to grow and thrive!

Hey. Yes still hanging in here! 32 weeks and thrilled to have made it this far. Babies are growing well still so hopeful we can get through another 3 or 4 weeks. I'm finally getting things ready for them but am so big and uncomfortable its tough to get much done but I am getting there slowly.

Had a lovely little lunch with some family and girlfriends in the weekend which was so nice. My sister surprised me by organizing it and it was a lovely day. Trying to embrace the remainder of this pregnancy and celebrate these babies even though I'm still so scared something may go wrong. O figure it's not like not having baby stuff around and not celebrating it is going to male it hurt less so why not. Trying to remain positive!

Busy week this week with an OB appointment as well as a midwife visit and ultrasound then back to MFM next week. Hopefully we have a date for a section shortly after that. Its all getting very real.

Mostly going well but my blood pressure seems to be creeping up so keeping an eye on that. Have had a bit of swelling but I did with my son too so hopefully that's all just normal.

Also had my first lot of stretch marks appear on my belly today. Thought I might make it through without any again but never mind! Not surprising considering the size of me!

Think that's all for now. Just trying to get things clean and organized, make some freezer meals and keep these babies cooking a bit longer!

How are you doing? Is it hot over there? I'm so grateful its winter, am hot enough as it is!

Hi there. Quick update. 34 weeks and babies still on board and growing well at the moment. New concerns however as I have been admitted to hospital with preeclampsia. Not terrible yet, blood pressure is fine/normal (bit high for me) but have some protein in my urine and am very puffy with a few episodes of starry vision and a persistent headache. Keeping me in now until delivery with ctgs twice a day (think you call them NST's), blood pressure 4 hourly, bloods every few days and Doppler ultrasounds twice a week. Its a lot and quite stressful not to mention awful being away from my son.

Best place for us at the moment though so we will do what we have to. Fingers crossed I can keep them in as long as possible although part of me just wants them out and safe! Delivery will be in 3 weeks or less.

Hope you are well xxx

Just seeing this! I am assuming you will be hospitalized now for the duration of your pregnancy so they can try to manage the preeclampsia? I recently had a friend who was put on bedrest for preeclampsia and held out for like 3+ weeks before she delivered. So hopefully it's the same for you. Man, you've really been through the ringer this pregnancy. Thank goodness you have such a strong support system and excellent medical care. You are SO close to the finish line.

I am hanging in. Health wise I realize how blessed I am. I feel fine, no complications. Honestly I've found this third trimester easier than with DS, even though it's summer and hot here. I just throw on a dress or workout clothes and I remember having a cold or being sick SO much during the third tri with my first as it was flu and cold season.

Life wise, it's a bit of a mess. We're moving next Thursday (I'll be 36 weeks that day) because we simply can't delay anymore. The house is by no means as done as I'd like it to be and I'm not sure how it will go with having workers in the house being so pregnant and with a toddler. It's quite stressful. But I'm trying to keep things in perspective as I'm lucky to have my health and to be feeling good.

Thinking about you!!!

Well things have changed once again. I spent a few days in but had perfect ctgs and my blood pressure never spiked again and has sat stable and perfect again. They're saying I do have pre-e looking at my bloods but it's mild and not progressing so I got sent home. Just keeping an eye on symptoms and monitoring movements and going from there.

I'm in hospital twice a week now for monitoring and bloods and ultrasounds. So far everything is continuing as well as possible and we're very hopeful we will make it to our section date. Speaking of which, we have been booked in for the 14th, just a week and a half to go! Babies have been nice and active these last few days which takes a lot of stress away.

I'm feeling so hopeful that things are going to end up OK. We are so close to the finish line and the babies should do really well now we've made it to 35 weeks.

Latest shitty thing I've had is a tooth ache so in was in for a root canal yesterday. The tooth was in bad shape and infected so I wonder if that may have been contributing to me feeling so awful. Its still a bit sore now but hopefully will improve now it's.been dealt with.

I swear I just can't catch a break.at the moment. This pregnancy has been so long and stressful, I'm going to be happy to see the back of it, which makes me sad since I won't be doing it again. I wanted to enjoy this pregnancy and really embrace being pregnant but I haven't. I'm grateful and so happy with how far we've come and with the fact it looks like we might actually get to bring our babies home but sheesh I swear I've aged about 20 years in the last 6 months. Never mind in a dew days we will be moving on to the next chapter and this will all become a memory.

I'm so glad to hear you have been feeling so good physically, you really don't have long to go either! I can't wait to see if you have a boy or girl. So exciting. You might have already mentioned but did your ds come early or late?

I'm sorry the house isn't quite where you would like it to be I can understand how that would be stressful especially for a mumma who is getting to the stage in their pregnancy where they want to have things a certain way and in place (not sure about you but I'm nesting like mad). Is it likely that the work will be complete once baby arrives? How long do you think you will have workers around while you're living there? At the end of Tue day though, this will be a short period of tricky living which is frustrating and stressful but it will pass and soon enough you will be settled in your gorgeous home with your beautiful family of four, that's pretty exciting !

Will keep you updated on the rollercoaster my end but hopefully we get through this next bit as uneventful as possible and I'm holding my babies in a few short weeks! Xxx

Hi there. Quick update, was readmitted yesterday with worsening pre eclampsia for rest and monitoring. In the middle of the night my waters went and a few short hours later our babies were delivered by section at 36 weeks. They're doing pretty well with some minor blood sugar issues meaning we're having to supplement with formula. Hopefully once my milk comes in we can cut back though. Baby A, our little girl ended up being 5lbs1 and baby B, our boy is 6lbs11. So thrilled to have them here and holding for improvement with feeds over the next few days so we can go home in a week or so.

Oh Chicky! Congratulations. I am so happy to hear that the babies are here and doing well. Those are very respectable weights for twins born this early. Go you! I hope you are feeling okay. Did you choose names yet?!

And hopefully your milk comes in soon. Are you planning to pump? Or do you prefer to just nurse?

Hi. Has been an intense week! We are still in hospital but have both babies with us now. Our little girl spent the week in special care so hasn't had a chance to feed from me much and is being tube fed mostly, this is the main thing keeping us here. She has started breast feeding today with a shield and is doing well with that, just need to get her to take enough or take a bottle and then after 24 or so hours of no tube feeds we should be good.

Our little boy has been doing fantastic but has jaundice problems so has been on and off lights. Have one last chance to get as Much milk into him tonight to flush it out before being tested again tomorrow. They're saying he may not be feeding enough but seems to me he would be as he's always wet/dirty and wakes 3 hourly before having a big feed where you hear him gulping it down.

So frustrating being here. I think they just look for problems half the time and stress you out. Never mind. My aim is to be home by the weekend. Hopefully before hand but by the weekend seems like a reasonable goal.

How are you going? You must be so close now! How was the move?

How are you doing? I hope you and both babies are home by now.

I am hanging in. The move itself was okay, but it's been hard to live in a construction zone full of workmen everyday. Also hard to not be able to tackle every organization and cleaning project I want. Haven't been able to nest properly!

I am scheduled to be induced on Saturday if I don't go on my own sooner (I'm really hoping not to!). Last Wednesday I was 2 CM dilated and 80% effaced. Within the past week I've gotten really uncomfortable-- tons of pelvic and vaginal pressure. No contractions though. I'm trying to lay as low as possible, which isn't easy when your house is being finished and you have a 2 1/2 year old!

Hi! Checking in, can't wait to hear news of your new bundle!

I hope labor and delivery went well and you are enjoying your new bub and recovering nicely.

We came home after 10 days. Things are much better at home but I'm tires and feeding continues to be a challenge. I feel like I have forgotten everything from last time haha! I'm still expressing after each feed and using bottles and top ups as well as breastfeeding. I'm determined and hopeful that I will be able to exclusively breastfeed them both but trying not to be too hard on myself if it doesn't work out. I breastfed our first for 18 months so didn't see it being an issue this time but things have been a lot harder, two babies and a toddler is no joke. Most importantly though they are both growing fantastically and exceeding expectations with their weight gain. Trying to remind myself that this part is so short and things get easier!

Looking forward to hearing how you are getting on and how everything went for you! Xx

Hi Chicky! I am SO impressed that you're keeping up with the breastfeeding with two little kiddos. Kudos to you. Hope you are all continuing to feel good.

Baby GIRL was born on August 31 at 11:46 AM via scheduled induction. All went very smoothly and quickly. My OB broke my water and within an hour I'd dilated from 4 cm to 10 cm. I pushed for 6 minutes and there she was. I will say that it was very intense and the epidural sort of couldn't keep up with the intense cervical change. But my OB advised that once I started pushing I'd feel relief and she was right. Baby girl was another bruiser (like her bro)-- weighing 8 lbs, 4 ounces and measuring 21 1/2 inches. She also has an INSANE amount of hair.

My recovery has been smooth and she is a good baby so far. Crazy to realize we both have our take home babies (x 2 in your case) now. What a year it's been!

Oh congratulations on baby girl! Sounds like a fantastic labour and delivery! Fabulous weight, a keeper for sure! (My first was 8lbs 8ounces so I'm used to delicious chinky babies!). Happy to hear recovery is going well! How is big bro doing? Bet he is smitten with his little sister. Yes a crazy year indeed! I won't lie and say it was a great one for me but we have our babies and that's all that matters!

I'm so happy to have these babies here safely. I'm so tired and still fumbling along bit this will all pass and I am so excited to see these little people grow. Feedings still a challenge. Waiting to see a lactation consultant. I'm so determined to make it work, I breastfed our first for 18 months and after the first few months which were so hard I really loved of so holding onto that and hoping things get easier again this time.

Definitely looking forward to getting more sleep bit I feel like I might be years off that! Congratulations again on your little girl, so happy for you. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->