Late ovulation after miscarriage

faye1019

Proud Mama of 1
Reaction score
I am the proud mama of one beautiful 22-month old boy. My cycles when I conceived him were very long-- 40+ days. I had been on birth control for many years and my body was a bit out of whack. Somehow, miraculously, we conceived him on our first cycle trying. I didn't ovulate until day 30 something.

Fast forward, we are trying for baby number two. I got pregnant again after coming off the pill quite quickly in late August. Ovulation was a bit later-- around day 22. Again, we were very very grateful. Sadly this pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Baby stopped developing around 6 weeks and I had a D&C at 8. This was in mid-October. My first cycle after the procedure was 31 days-- I did ovulate quite late and then had a very short luteal phase.

Now we are actively trying again, as we were told to wait until I got a true period. Today is CD 22 and I am still waiting for ovulation. I am beginning to wonder if my long cycles have all been situational (post-pill and post-miscarriage) or if there's something else bigger going on.

Wondering if anyone can share their experiences with cycles after miscarriage. Did you ovulate later?

It's hard not to start to feel really discouraged and anxious. Would love some support!

Hi Faye! I'm sorry for your loss. Day 22'ish isn't horribly late when it comes to ovulation. If you want to ovulate sooner in your cycle, perhaps talk to your doctor about it? Some people have luck with femara or clomid to move up ovulation and it doesn't require monitoring. The fact that you got pregnant quickly is a great sign! I would just think about improving egg quality and if that can help in the future.

Thanks, promise. Agreed that it's not horribly late, but there's no sign yet of O. If I ovulate over the weekend, I'll feel a little bit better about all of this. I am using the Clearblue Advanced Digitals this cycle and have had 6 days of the flashing smiley. So if I don't get a peak soon, I'll know something is up. I think I'll reach out to my OB just to let her know what's going on after the weekend.

It's definitely encouraging to know that I've had a healthy pregnancy and one other BFP. But of course after a miscarriage it's easy to feel nervous and unsure.

My fingers are crossed that you get that peak this weekend! I hope it's just a matter of your body having to balance itself back out after the miscarriage. How do you like the CBE Digital?

Honestly, I found them a bit stressful! They're very $$$ and you have to do them in the AM. I'm using them only because they give you a sense of when your surge might be coming as they also measure estrogen levels. And since my cycles are so up in the air, it's nice to have that additional info. But I still like the cheapies!

Hi Faye, feel like our stories are near identical! Came of the pill, looong cycles, took a few goes but conceived my son cd21 or so. This time got pregnant first try, CD... Late 20's. Unfortunately ended in a miscarriage, natural at 9 weeks. Following cycle was about 6 weeks long, didn't try. The next I ovulated about cd 20, positive opk cd18, short lp no pregnancy. This cycle I'm now on cd21 with no positive opk. Still time but very frustrating! Also questioning if my irregular and often long cycles are from coking of the pill, breastfeeding and miscarriage or something else. Its been soooo long since I had unaffected natural cycles so I really have no idea. No advice buy thought I'd jump in since our stories are similar, even at the same point in our cycles. Good luck!

Chickybaby- WOW! That's crazy. We do literally have the same exact stories. And agreed, I'm starting to wonder why I've always had long cycles...

Do you chart? Fingers crossed for you too!

Thanks! No I don't chart! I did when TTC my first but now my sleep is too all over the show with my lo to temp and other signs seem to be up and down too. O only had one pp period after my son before getting pregnant with our loss, have just gotten back to using opks now but don't know if I will continue. I have had ovulation spotting since giving birth so keep an eye out for that. My body just seems broken this cycle, I know its still relatively early but blah. Waiting tp ovulate is worse than the tww in my book, at least you know when that will end!

Totally makes sense on the not temping. Thankfully my LO is a pretty good sleeper. I also find that my anxiety is managed a bit better by temping/charting. But that's just my personality.

And AGREED on waiting for ovulation. At least once the TWW hits there's nothing to do but wait. But with waiting for O, if you miss it, you're out.

I did get a positive OPK today so that's really encouraging. But if this is indeed O, that will mean I probably ovulate on CD 24. Still seems very late to me? Maybe everything is fine and I'm just an unluckily late ovulater...?

Yay for positive opk! Get busy and see what happens, bring on the tww.

I am trying to get my head around being a late ovulater too, the thing that annoys me is the change cycle to cycle. Last time I had a positive CD 18 and now its still negative at cd22 this time. So frustrating. Only have enough opks for 6 PR so more days. After that I will right of off and just get having sex every other day and see what happens. I want to enjoy Christmas with my little boy and family with out stressing like mad.

Still hopeful it will go positive in the next few days, I would live to be done with this cycle one way or another by Christmas day.

Temp spiked today and IC getting lighter. So hopeful that I did O on CD 24. How are you doing Chickbaby?

I'm wondering if I should call my OB to check in and last about late ovulation. Or if she'll just say my body is recovering after the miscarriage....? Just want to be proactive if we don't get our BFP this month, which I'm pretty much sure we won't.

I'm OK, opk lighter yesterday...? I don't know what's going on. Will finish the opks I have and then just relax about it. I've been having ovulation spotting since my son so will keep an eye out for that. I'm kind of accepting its not going to happen this year and am OK about it. I live in NZ so its summer here and a fun summer with my boy is helping me push through. Will keep having plenty of sex and see what happens but will TRY not to obsess for the rest of the year.

No harm in calling. I get what you mean about knowing what they'll say though.. My doctor would run cd3 bloods and post ovulation bloods but that would be it probably until we tried for a year again. Glad ovulation seems to have happened for you! Fingers crossed, and you will know one way or another by Christmas day! Xxx

Ah, so crazy to think it's summer by you! Hopefully you can enjoy yourself and like you said, not obsess. I KNOW that's easier said than done. I tend to have a really obsessive personality though.

I decided that I'm going to wait until the end of this cycle to call. Either I'll call to report a BFP or I'll call you report late ovulation. One or the other....!

Honestly I'm relieved to be in the TWW. Nothing I can do now but sit back and wait. No more peeing on sticks for a bit! I'm usually pretty good about waiting to test, so hopefully I can stick with that mentality.

I'm so glad you're in the TWW Faye! I thought of you and wanted to check in and see how things went. Glad you got your spike finally. The TWW is another process but at least you're moving forward!

What a roller coaster chickybaby! I hope that ovulation happens for you soon, and that you get to spend your days enjoying your sweet bub.

I'm excited but scared to even think about ttc again after this cycle, and it's not even over yet. I had a chemical, saw a gestational sac, had 3 cysts rupture and still haven't gotten my period...it's just been a lot.

Thinking of you both!

Thanks Promise! At least with the TWW, there's nothing I can do. I don't have to compulsively pee on sticks all day, limit my liquid intake, stress about BD. All I can do is wait! I am feeling a lot of pinching the past 3 days. Obviously I know it's not implantation yet so hoping it's nothing bad.

I do plan to talk to my OB about the late-ish ovulation after this cycle. CD 24 is definitely on the late said.

So sorry to hear about your cycle from hell. Hopefully you are taking good care of yourself and trying to just relax. Easier said than done, of course.

Chicky, did you ever get a positive OPK? How's it going?

Hi! Yes I did, finally cd29 using my last opk. That was only yesterday so not sure that I've actually ovulated yet, managed to have sex the night before and last night though, hoping hubby is up for it again tonight. Will see what happens but if no bfp I will be going to my gp in the new year to check in and focus on my health a bit more! Definitely Haven't looked after myself very well since becoming a mum, I make sure he has plenty of healthy food and water but forget about myself haha. Glad to be hopefully moving on from this cycle though and looking forward to Christmas. How is the tww going? When is testing time?

Hooray for a positive OPK. Sounds like you're getting in some well-timed BDs. And I get wanting to take a step back and take better care of yourself. That's sort of the approach I took after my miscarriage. I tried to think of it as a second chance for better self-care before I tried to get pregnant again.

I am 7 DPO. Last cycle I had only a 7 day luteal phase so obviously very nervous. I've been very crampy the past few days and today was just feeling a bit off. Praying AF stays away for at least a few more days. I usually haven't tested until 13 DPO, but we'll see how this next week goes.

Hooray for a positive OPK. Sounds like you're getting in some well-timed BDs. And I get wanting to take a step back and take better care of yourself. That's sort of the approach I took after my miscarriage. I tried to think of it as a second chance for better self-care before I tried to get pregnant again.

I am 7 DPO. Last cycle I had only a 7 day luteal phase so obviously very nervous. I've been very crampy the past few days and today was just feeling a bit off. Praying AF stays away for at least a few more days. I usually haven't tested until 13 DPO, but we'll see how this next week goes.

Whoops posted before I meant to! Keep me posted and fingers crossed for you!!!!

Half way for you phew! Not entirely sure I've ovulated, time will tell. Wanted to test Christmas day, but it will be to early most likely, probably still will hahah. Otherwise will wait till the 29th/30th.

Good luck to you too! Excited to see your tests xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->