Late ovulation after miscarriage

Ugh when it rains it pours hey! Hate stomach bugs, cringe at the thought of dealing with that any time let alone while pregnant! Glad it seems to be behind you now.

He is two in may. Has always been a mover, met a lot of his milestones super early, apart from walking haha he waited till 1 for that and I am so thankful! He is a real chatter box too, although he is supper active and would rather be outside than in I am so happy that he is happy to sit and draw or read for hours. That is saving me at the moment!

He is at my parents place tonight for a sleep over. He has never stayed with anyone but me so I hope it goes alright, I also hope I sleep and don't spend the night worrying. So looking forward to a proper sleep in!

That's great that you haven't had any more bleeding. This part is tough isn't it? When you just have to trust that everything is going OK. I'm feeling good and hopeful but nervous too, just trying to get through each day at this stage.

Xx

Amen to that! And poor DH. He is in Las Vegas this weekend with friends for the Superbowl. He came down with the bug a few hours after arriving and was vomiting all night in his hotel room. Thankfully he made a quick recovery.

Hope the sleepover went well and you got some much needed rest!

And agreed. My nausea has basically disappeared, though I really had very little with DS's pregnancy. Breasts still hurt a lot and I do have a bit of a bump-- I think. I just HOPE everything is going well. I can't even imagine what I'll do if I go for that 12 week appointment and something is wrong. I can't even think about it...

Thankfully we are heading out of town to warmer weather later this week to visit my in-laws. Will be nice to relax a bit in warmer temps.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Sleepover went great. I still woke up to wee and early in the morning bit was so nice to get up make a cup of tea and just sit haha.

I'm still feeling yuck, worse now. I vomited last night which is a first for me. Midwife tomorrow but only 9 weeks 2 days so insure of she'll try hear heartbeats. Looking forward to seeing her though. I didn't make it that far last time so feels significant some how!

I am just hoping too! Finding out something had gone wrong now would near kill me I think but I try to not let those thoughts enter my mind too often.

Enjoy your time away! Xx

Hi there! Hope you are enjoying your time away and all is well.

I've had my first midwife appointment. Pretty boring just lots of questions about my medical history etc. Don't go back now till half way through march which seems like ages away, have our 12 week scan in between though so that should hopefully make time go a little quicker!

Its a bit odd as they're a practice of 6 midwives and you deal with all of them, not what I'm used to and not how its usually done but they're so close to my house so have gone for the convenience. Hope I don't regret it! Will be seeing and ob later in the pregnancy too.

She didn't listen to the heartbeats and said they wouldn't attempt it till after 12 weeks so that sucked but I had an ultrasound a few days later and all looking good still. Heart rates and growth exactly the same for both so that's excellent. Fingers crossed it continues.

One of my BIL's has started being annoying insisting I'm pregnant because I didn't drink when we got together the other day. Its annoying, they all know about our loss so I would think they would be more respectful. I mean what if I wasn't pregnant, that would be so hurtful. And even so it's our news to share when we choose not to be pulled from is when we're not ready. We've got a family thing tonight so will see how that goes.

Hope you're doing well! Not long till 12 weeks! Xxx

Sorry to be so MIA... we are back from Florida. We had a great trip. What a buzzkill to return to the horrible Chicago weather. I have lived here my whole life but I swear this winter may kill me.... Not sure if I told you but we are renovating a house right now so my parents are graciously letting us live in a tiny apartment that they normally rent out. It's right next to their house so it's great to have them nearby but living in 600 square feet with a toddler is really starting to get to me. Especially in this weather when we're cooped up inside.

So glad to hear that all looked/sounded good and that babies are measuring on track and at the same point. What a relief! 12-weeks must be coming up, no? And NO THANKS on your BIL. Seriously, agreed that you'd think he'd show a bit more restraint given what you experience. Agreed it is your news to share.

I am 11-weeks today. Lots of nerves since haven't had an ultrasound in 3-ish weeks but plugging along and feeling decent. I did the bloodwork for the NIPT yesterday so hopefully will have results within a week. And have my 12-week nuchal ultrasound on Wednesday. So. much. waiting.

Can't wait to hear about you're doing.

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip! The good weather does sound pretty miserable. Its the opposite here, not and so dry. Living in a small place with a toddler is difficult, its especially hard to keep it tidy I find (we live in a small 2 bed place). Thankfully we have a large out door space so that helps. Not sire what we will do once the twins arrive though. We could make it work with one baby but not sure we can with two... Oh well plenty of time to work that out!

Exciting that your 12 week scab is next week! Its my favourite scan for sure. I hate the beginning bit when there is so long between appointments and so Much waiting, hard to believe everything is OK in there! Hopefully things will move a bit faster once we get past that point.

Yup BIL is a tool. He's very immature and all about him buy never mind it is what it is. He hasn't said anything to me thankfully as o would probably turn around and snap at him.

I'm a few days shy of 11 weeks. Have had a crappy week with a stomach big/food poisoning which really knocked me around and a horrific night with my boy when he was constipated and just crying all night until he could go! Poor thing seems mostly back to normal now, just focusing on fibre and fluids. I did have a bit of a bleed after all of this which freaked me out. It was light and didn't last long but after last time o was on edge so we got a quick scan done. All fine, babies look great, wriggling around with little legs and arms moving away. They're starting to look like little people now! Can't wait to see them again in a week and a half.

That's about it here, just trying to get through the next few weeks and hoping second tri will bring some relief from the nausea and tiredness before I get too enormous to do much.

Xxx

Agreed on the outdoor space being the saving grace. If we could just play in the yard! We got more snow this weekend. It's becoming comical...

Got the results from the NIPT this AM and all was clean. 12-week nuchal scan on Wednesday morning and then hopefully can breathe a sigh of relief. Was definitely very excited to get the results so quickly. Glad I insisted on doing the blood work separately.

How are you doing!?

Congratulations on great results. No doubt scan will be fab too. Hope you feel more relaxed after! Have you told many people yet or will you announce after the scan?

I'm good. Just had a tiny bit of spotting but it was after a full on morning, a BM and I feel a bit thrushy (sorry!) So I'm just putting it down to being because of all that. Not too worried after seeing the babies only a few days ago. Also call me crazy but I swear I am feeling some little movements now too so that is reassuring.

12 week scan on Monday. Can't wait to get that done. We won't get the results officially untill my next appointment with the midwives (unless it comes back high risk) but will be told the measurements and given an indication on the day. Will most likely leave it a week or so after that before telling anyone. Just family and friends, we don't publicly announce. Its getting hard to hide though so looking forward to sharing our news.

We've told most of our immediate family (parents and siblings) and I've told a few of my closest girlfriends. But that's it. I'll share the news with others after the scan goes well (HOPEFULLY) but we also don't do an announcement on social media or anything.

Glad you're generally feeling good. And I imagine it's very hard to keep it a secret. I remember when my sister-in-law was pregnant with twins, she was legit in maternity shirts by 12 weeks! It was impossible for her to keep it a secret.

Remind me, what testing are you doing? NIPT isn't super accessible in NZ, right?

Yup I'm pretty huge already haha I was big with my son so I'm a bit nervous about how big I will get this time! Its such a short time though in the grand scheme of things so I'm happy to get big and uncomfortable for two healthy babes.

We do a blood test and the nuchal scan, I'm not sure what exactly they test in your blood but those results, your scan results and age, and height etc. are used to work out a risk factor for chromosome issues. It's just a risk analysis so not diagnostic at all and I don't think its as in depth as the NIPT you guys do. My risk was really low with DS do hoping its not too much higher this time. I think in general if you don't hear anything in the week after it should mean things are OK.

I'm feeling ready to get into second tri, still feeling sock and tired and have this horrible taste in my mouth blah. Trying not to complain though and enjoy it, this will be my last pregnancy most likely do want to enjoy ad much as possible.

Yes! But you can do it! My sister-in-law is less than 100 lbs and 4'8" inches. Tiny. And she carried twins to 36 weeks. The human body is a miraculous vessel.

We had our 12-week nuchal scan this morning and everything looked great. Baby was very active-- we saw it swallowing, moving it's fingers, kicking around, etc. It was incredible. All test results and measurements looked great. I will say that finally today I feel some relief and just a rush of joy. Excited to hopefully sit back and enjoy this pregnancy now.

Eeeek congratulations! Such a huge milestone to get past. So happy that all is looking good and you feel you can embrace and enjoy this pregnancy more! Time will start to fly now xxx

Thank you! Has been nice to finally feel like I can share about my miscarriage with some of my friends now that I've confirmed a healthy pregnancy.

Treated myself to a new pair of roomier leggings and a few looser tops today. Still not ready to bust out the maternity, but need to start putting away some of my tighter clothes that aren't going to cut it anymore!

Are you starting to feel any better? Hope so.

Isn't it funny how being pregnant again makes it feel OK to share more about loss? I think I will feel the same. Most people know about ours but I think I will be more open and more comfortable about talking about that pregnancy and how the loss affected and is still effecting me.

I still feel pretty crappy. Have been feeling a touch better but still having food aversions and threw up brushing my teeth a few days ago so definitely still a bit blah. I just can't get rid of this revolting taste in my mouth.

I can't find a lot of maternity stuff! So frustrating will need to have a clean out and find it. I for none of my pants!

12 week scan in the morning. Had a horrible nightmare about it last night bit hoping for the best. Will update you after.

Scan this morning went great. Babies looking fantastic. Wriggling away with strong heartbeats, won't get my risk factor back until I see my midwife which is ages away but the sonographer said she saw nothing of concern. We will give it a week and then tell people, if anything comes back high risk we will be notified over the next week.

I still feel a bit nervous but hopefully all goes well from here. Great milestone to get through. It feels like that's all pregnancy is sometimes, checking the next box or making it to the next milestone and hoping for the best.

Oh and vomited again on my way home from the scan so don't think I'm getting the magic 12 weeks no more sickness haha! Can't complain though, worth it to see both babies doing well.

So glad to hear your scan went well. How wonderful that we've both made it to 12 weeks. Remind me, what's your due date? I imagine you'll deliver before that, but just for reference. I am SO excited for you. When will you be able to find out the gender?

Thank you! We're getting excited now. Due the 8th of Sept but expecting them around mid august? I don't know though haha hoping to jeep them in until 36/37 weeks. We will find out The genders after our 20 week scan. Not too long of a wait now really. Excited for that, we're not letting people know its twins till then so will see how that goes... I'm already about as big as I was at 18 weeks with my son...

It seems like not that long ago we were both frustrated waiting for a positive opk haha. Crazy that it happened for us both around the same time! What is your due date? I think your about a week ahead of me?

Its started cooling down here and feels very much like we are coming into autumn. I'm soo ready for it this year haha. It has been a very hot, dry summer and I'm over it! (Watch me complain about the cold and rain in a few months!)

So you're only due 3 days after me and I bet will deliver before me! Mine got changed based on my first ultrasound though now baby is measuring with a due date of 8/31 so we'll see if they change it.

But agreed, it's crazy how we both ended up here. And you with twins!

Hey. How are you doing? I'm going OK over here. Still nauseous and tired but improving. We have told most people now, everyone is excited. I'm still nervous. I think it being twins makes me worry more, I can feel one of them move fairly frequently bit barely feel the other. Anterior vs posterior placenta maybe? I dunno. Midwife in a few days so hopefully will hear both heartbeats.

My son has a fever today and is a bit lethargic and grouchy but not too bad. I find being pregnant with a child so nerve racking I'm always scared I'm going to catch something that will hurt The babies! Trying to chill out though and realise I am not the first women in the world to have a baby, the risks are low and I need to be there for my boy so it is what it is.

Not much else going on here, its crazy how sore and tired I am by the end of the day already. I think the next 5 or so months are going to test me!

Will update after our next appointment.

Hope you are well and enjoying the sweet spot of pregnancy!

We've been hanging in over here. Winter finally seems to be winding down. It's staying light out later and the snow is finally melting. So looking forward to getting back outside.

DH took DS to visit his family over the weekend so I had a few days to myself. Long story, but I was supposed to go with them but ended up staying home with our dog who couldn't come with. He's totally fine though. It was quite luxurious. Of course DS came home with a cold so we've been laying low this week. Poor little buddy but he seems to be on the mend. Agreed I'm paranoid to catch it! Having a cold when you're pregnant is miserable.

I can only imagine how sore and tired you are! Are you finding you're gaining a lot of weight with twins? Carrying around all that extra weight is tough. Definitely looking forward to the reassurance of feeling this baby move. I have anterior placenta, according to my OB, so she said may be a bit before I can feel the baby kick. Ugh! Would be nice to get that reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->