Late ovulation after miscarriage

Wow, that's amazing that she offered all of those scans! You're so fortunate to have her. You're in New Zealand, right? Do most people use midwives there? Hope your numbers come back good!

Wow, that's amazing that she offered all of those scans! You're so fortunate to have her. You're in New Zealand, right? Do most people use midwives there? Hope your numbers come back good!

^This! We have nothing here like this in the UK, . It's great you get so many scans and lots of support! :D<3

Yes I am in New Zealand. We have amazing maternity care here. We all use midwives free of charge and they have the authority to order blood tests and ultrasounds as well as offer prescriptions also all free of charge we are very lucky. Generally see the midwife every 4 weeks initially before dropping down to 2 weekly appointments then once a week, 6 weeks post natal care too. We are very lucky. Ob care is rare here and expensive unless you need it and then it is covered by the government too.

Did you hear back about another test or early ultrasound for yourself? Are you using the same doctor as you did with your son?

Hope you are well xx how exciting that if this works out for us both we will have babies around the same time. I hope this is it.

Wow that's amazing!

I did hear back! The woman called me back within about an hour-- so their office is back in my good graces-- haha. They're letting me come in to get scanned next week, but I won't actually see my OB. So I'll be like 6 1/2 weeks. They can make sure everything is fine and see how far along I am-- even though I know. Then I'll go back two weeks later and see my doctor. I was very grateful that they let me do that. Typically in the US they don't see you until 8-10 weeks.

Right now I am still with the same OB. She actually didn't deliver him as she wasn't on call that night. But I loved who delivered him. The issue is that we recently moved from the city to the suburbs and her office is in the city-- so about 20/25 miles away. We're in Chicago and traffic can be brutal, so getting to her office isn't the easiest. But the practice is GREAT. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

The other issue is that she only delivers at the hospital in the city. Many people come from the suburbs to deliver there as they have the best NICU and it's considered the best women's hospital in the state. But my son came very quickly and I'm nervous about delivering my next baby on the side of the highway!

I'm definitely going to stick with her for the first trimester. Then I'll weigh all of the pros and cons and decide what to do. If this is a health pregnancy and I make it past the first trimester, I'll also discuss with my son's pediatrician in terms of hospitals and NICUs.

That's great news you've heard back. Fingers crossed for your scan :D<3

That's great they are giving you an early scan. I always doubt there's anything even in there till I see it haha!

We only have one hospital in our city so its that or the birthing centre or home (hospital for me). Hope you can find a good solution for when birth time comes.

I never heard about my numbers and didn't bother tinging. I'm happy living in ignorant bliss at the moment. Have been feeling pretty sick today and tired bit couldn't fall asleep during nap time. Also went to a walk in clinic today to get some swabs done and a urine check for some irritation I've been having, feels thrushy (sorry!) So will see what comes of that. I always get it during pregnancy bit swabs never find anything so I don't know what causes the irritation, a pessary usually helps for a while so she gave me a script for if I get desperate.

5 weeks tomorrow (ish?) So just have to get through another week then book my scan in for the following, it's my 30th birthday the next week too so hopefully we will see a strong heartbeat for a birthday gift, going away for a but the week after so hopefully that a will make time go a bit quicker!

How are you getting on?

I'm spotting lightly again blah. I know its most likely from a vaginal exam yesterday but sucks! Very little brown/light tan colour but the back pain and twingy cramps are really freaking me out. I don't know how to get through the next 8 or so weeks. I just want to lie in bed and rest but can't blah. Things just don't feel right

Sounds like you have lots of good distractions in your future-- a big birthday, a trip, etc. I think it's natural to feel that something is amiss after a loss. I'm still feeling the same way. I'd definitely schedule that scan for yourself to get some good piece of mind.

I'm still having those twingy cramps too. Lots of pimples. So bloated and constipated, I've already gained legit 5 pounds. And I'm pretty petite. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. :)

Thanks, I need to remind myself that worrying won't change anything anyway so I should just relax a bit and enjoy, I'm doing everything I can to ensure baby is safe so it will be what it will be.

I will schedule that scan soon for sure.

The bloating is fabulous isn't it! I look about 6 months pregnant by the end of the day hahah.

Thanks for being a sounding board for me! Hubby gets tired of hearing my anxious thoughts cause jes Mr positive haha helps to get it out somewhere. Xx

How are you doing? Yes, the bloating, oh my. And for me, pregnancy acne is like out of control. It's somewhat horrid. But nothing I can do except wait it out. 6 weeks today and fatigue/morning queasiness definitely starting to ramp up. Drinking boatloads of water and prune juice yesterday does seem to be helping the constipation though.

And of course! I love logging in to see if there's an update from you. Agreed it's hard to always burden DH and can't yet talk about it with most of friends as people don't know!

I'm good. Just ticking along trying to pass the time! My nausea is up and down, only just over 5 weeks so not expecting a lot yet. The nausea is awful but I find it comforting haha. Not long till your scan! How exciting that will make it all the more real!

Walking out the door to take DS to school today and felt a sudden wet sensation. Bright red blood. Luckily I was able to drop him with my mom for a bit. Waiting to hear from doctor.

Oh no! Keep me updated as you can. Will be thinking of you xx

Wow, what a day. Scan was supposed to be tomorrow, but when I called, they wanted me to come in today. Thank god, baby had a healthy heartbeat of 104. I could see it flickering on the screen. The bleeding is due to a relatively large hematoma. I am on pelvic rest (no sex, no exercise, no heavy lifting) and they will continue to monitor it. The silver lining is I get another ultrasound in 7-10 days.

Obviously I am SO relieved to have seen a heartbeat, but I am very shaken.

Oh my gosh you poor thing. What a scary day for you. Glad to hear that bubs is doing well for now. Have read about a lot of people having hematomas and them resolving. Hoping things are looking good in another week. Have a quiet restful night and look after yourself xx

I hope so too. I was absolutely exhausted last night and feel pretty drained today too. Trying to take it easy as much as I can.

How are you!?

I bet you were, what an emotionally draining time. Do try to take it easy for sure, tricky with a little one but I hope you have a good support system to help you through this next bit!

I'm good. The odd wave of nausea to carrying degrees but not much else yet. This part of pregnancy where you can't really tell what is going on is tough. I'm having a fair bit of mucousy discharge, kinda like ewcm. Definitely had it last pregnancy but can't remember back to my pregnancy with my son. Almost seems like mucous plug? Hoping its fine. I've had swabs done so pretty sure no infection. Will book a scan in for early next week and hopefully hear from the midwife after that goes through.

Still having good and bad days, flip flopping between being happy and convinced this is it and being shit scared and convinced its all going to come crashing down soon. One day at a time xx

Hi Chicky. Sorry I haven't bene on in a few days. How are you doing? Did you book your scan? Are you starting to feel any calmer?

This week has been a longggg one after my scare Tuesday. Happy it's finally the weekend. Bleeding has been very light today-- I'm just wearing a liner. I hate to sound like a complainer but the pelvic rest is a bummer. I hate not being able to exercise at all as it seems to help me keep my energy up and I don't want my muscles to atrophy.

My next scan is Thursday. Hoping we hear another strong hearbeat and perhaps that the hematoma has resolved. Best case scenario! Il'l be 7 weeks on Sunday.

Hey no problem. Yes booked a scan for next Thursday, initially booked it for Monday but I will only be around 6 weeks then so didn't wanna risk not seeing a heartbeat and freaking out! Thursday I should be around 6 + 4. I feel OK actually I still have moments of worry when im feeling crampy here and there, need to keep my fluids up!

Pelvic rest would be annoying. Having to go about your day in a different way is such a pain and I can see how not being able to exercise would be frustrating when its a part of your normal life. Hopefully restrictions will be lifted after a good scan Thursday!

Thursday sounds perfect and will be nice to get scanned and dated since you're not positive about timing. I have mine Thursday too. Can't wait to commiserate together!

And yes, pelvic rest is proving to be a bummer. I am allowed to walk but it's the dead of winter here and freezing and snowy. So can't really do that. Hoping if the hematoma hasn't resolved at my Thursday scan I can discuss some other low impact options with them. But for now I'm continuing to lay low, get as much sleep as I can and eating lots of carbs. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->