Late periods and Provera???

AngelWings215

Reaction score
So I am currently on CD 69. Last AF was 4/21. Next AF was due on 5/23 or 5/26. Nothing so far. 2 HPT's and 1 blood test are all negative so its safe to say I'm not pregnant. For the ladies that have used Provera before to induce AF, how long did you wait before going to the doctor's?

I do have PCOS BUT my cycles have been fairly regular for the last year or so.I've had a cycle every month since September I think? I believe I was late one month last year due to stress. I am having watery CM every day or every other day.

I've also gained 10 pounds. I was working on losing weight and had gotten down from 173 to 168 and now I am 178. PCOS sucks!

FF puts my next AF has being due on the 30th so 2 more days. Who knows it may just come.

Thanks ladies!

I THINK Provera is SUPPOSED to induce a period within 7 days, i could be wrong ! BUT I'd call your DR in 45 days if you havent had another period and get something done !

I THINK Provera is SUPPOSED to induce a period within 7 days, i could be wrong ! BUT I'd call your DR in 45 days if you havent had another period and get something done !

Thanks for commenting. Have you ever taken Provera?

Ariannda is correct! Provera induces AF. I have to take Provera to induce AF because I suffer from PCOS/chronic anovulation. Once AF comes, I take Clomid to stimulate ovulation! Hope I have helped a little!!

No i was TOLD all this information :) I have recently found out i can not conceive after having 4 health children, but i would contact your Dr with ANY and ALL concerns and IF your Dr doesn't address them then go somewhere else ! You are generally correct about your reproductive health and anyone who tries to sway you is generally against you from the beginning !

Ariannda is correct! Provera induces AF. I have to take Provera to induce AF because I suffer from PCOS/chronic anovulation. Once AF comes, I take Clomid to stimulate ovulation! Hope I have helped a little!!

Thanks! Your comment was very helpful! I think I'll wait to see if I miss the month of July and if I do then I'll go to the doctors. How long did it take the Provera to work for you? Thanks for the help!

It actually varies for me. One month it took 9 days after my last Provera pill to get AF. This month it took three days. I think it ranges from 7-14 days after your last pill before AF shows.

Hi! I have taken provera to start my AF. I can't seem to O on my own so I've been having to do provera for 7 days and then clomid cd 5-9. When taking provera AF has taken anywhere from 2 days after my last pill to almost a week! Hope that helps.

Hi! I have taken provera to start my AF. I can't seem to O on my own so I've been having to do provera for 7 days and then clomid cd 5-9. When taking provera AF has taken anywhere from 2 days after my last pill to almost a week! Hope that helps.

How long did you wait before going to the doctor's due to AF being late?

Well the DH and I have been ttc for a while now. So after not having AF for about 2 months I went to do something about not ovulating. So the gave me the provera to start AF so I could take the clomid to hopefully ovulate. The first month I didn't O so I had to take the provera again. This month I did O but no BFP but I did start my AF and didn't have to take the provera again ;)

Hey Angelwings!! I too have PCOS but have also been lucky to have pretty regular periods! I had my period jan 7th, feb 10th, march 10th, april 13th and then nothing.... I randomly had a gyn appt on May 15th so he made take a blood test to check if I was pregnant. ( I knew I wasn't, I had taken 2 hpts both BFN) then on May 23rd, I started brown spotting and thought my period was finally coming.... nope!! I spotted for the next 3 weeks straight! By then I went to the doctor, so to answer your question, I went to the doctor once I was 3 weeks late (after 7wks of no period). I was prescribed Provera and the first day taking it, I started my period!!! So YES our body plays such tricks on us but I think if you're normally regular than you have every right to go the doctor once you're late!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->