Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

LittleLady04

Mum of 4
Reaction score
I can't wait any longer, I need to start my wedding journal to have somewhere to put all my ideas and get your opinions :happydance:

A brief background, I'm Laura, I'm 25. My df is Jamie, 30. We have 4 beautiful children together, Emily is 7, Leah is 5, Holly is 3 and Alfie is 14 weeks. We will have been together for 9 years next month. We got engaged on Christmas Day 2012.

I am planning on having my three dd's as bridesmaids and 3 of my cousins too. Alfie will be our pageboy. We are going to get married in a small village church where I was christened. We haven't confirmed the date yet, we can't decide between Friday 5th Sept or Saturday 6th Sept.

:cloud9:

Been looking through magazines and have decided to go with pink and butterfly theme. Gonna start shopping for the bridesmaids dresses later.

I'm hoping to get in touch with the vicar later to ask her if she would do a Friday wedding.

Will start uploading pic's of my ideas soon.

Yay my first stalker :happydance:

I have provisionally booked the church for Friday 5th September 2014 :happydance:

The vicar said once I've booked the reception she'll send out the paperwork to make it official, whoohooo!!! So excited :)

Now to ask my cousins to be bridesmaids and get df to choose which of his brothers he'll ask to be his Bestman.

It's all exciting once it's booked isn't it a bit more real x

I have contacted four venues for our reception today, 1 has sent out a Wedding pack, 1 is going to call me back and 2 I have emailed and heard nothing from them :( grrr, just want to start getting somewhere so I can get the official paperwork done to book the church.

Started having a look at everything that needs sorting/booking/organising!! Omg, I have to admit it scared me a little, so much to do. So I started an onloine wedding planner to hopefully help me keep on top of it.

I bought our place cards this afternoon and have picked our save the date cards too.

:cloud9:

Congrats, stalking! I just rang my vicar and he booked it in there and then! I don't have to do any paperwork until October (wedding in feb). Sme venues are a bit slow on getting back but don't rush it, I kind of did and wish I hadn't. Enjoy your planning xx

Hello :wave:

I said to the vicar that I didn't want to book the date officially till we had found and booked a reception venue too. But I know she's already put it in the church diary. She wants to come round and meet df and myself, sign the paperwork and get the ball rolling :)

Still haven't heard back any venues, I am expecting the wedding pack to arrive this morning from the one venue that did get back to me.

I'm trying to organise Alfie's baptism as well at the moment so I'm going from organising one event to the other at the moment

Atleast it will keep you from going wedding crazy! Just for a little while xx

Very true, I have managed to dedicate my entire afternoon to christening stuff today. I have booked the reception venue, ordered the invitations and all the balloons, banners etc.
What do you Ladies think about asking for money instead of gifts? I really want to boost Alfie's bank account and don't want to end up with a load of silver money boxes that will end up in the loft with all my girls christening gifts! But I'm worried it's not right asking for a christening.
Right, time to order my girls some new dresses for their brothers special day :)

We didn't ask for either children's christening, I personally wouldn't but that doesn't mean you shouldn't! We didn't get any shit presents for either each lol! Mainly money and vouchers and a few gifts xx

I've decided not to put a 'asking for money' poem in the invites. Feels too cheeky for christening. I mentioned it to my Nan who said she'll put money in a card anyway and she'll mention to my Aunties and Uncles so hopefully they'll do the same.

Here is the church:
https://www.tour-devon.com/monkleigh/monkleigh.html

and a few cake ideas

white with daisies.jpg

pink with flowers.jpg

white with white and pink flowers.jpg

yellow with daisies.jpg

I originally wanted pink icing with white daisies but after looking into it online I quite like the pink icing in picture two with the flowers in picture three. I will wait to see what my friend that's making it thinks.

That was the original cake style I was gonna have, then I decided I wanted the cake iced in pink, then I saw all the others online and now I'm completely confused!? Lol x

Just pick a bit from the ones you like most and see what they can do :) xx

Yeah, that's what I'll do.

My first wedding item arrived this morning, place cards!

I have found a dress I LOVE :) think it maybe THE dress. Also found the bridesmaids dresses I want for my little bridesmaids. Will post links later, I'm on my phone at the moment.

Still haven't found a venue for the reception.

Ahhh, having a nightmare with it today! I am still waiting for one venue to get back to me and I have just had to phone them again because I have been waiting since last week, grrrr. Now I'm waiting, yet again, for someone to call me back :growlmad:

And I have just gone to find the pic of the dress I want and it has been removed :dohh: I have contacted them and they are going to get back to me with it's availability.

The dress I like for my little bridesmaids is this one:

Girls dress.jpg

I have just contacted them to ask if the bow and bottom of the dress can be done in colours other than green and purple. I would like it in pink.

I just want to confirm my venue so I can confirm the church and really get the ball rolling.

OMG! One of my old school friends has just posted on FB that they have booked their wedding on the same day. Me and this girl were best friends for over 4 years and very good friends for years after that. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->