Laura's Wedding Journal - 30th August 2014

Hi Tinkerbelle :wave: yeah, the guest list has been our biggest problem. We still haven't finalised it! Lol

It will be easier to do the planning once the kids have gone back to school, at the moment it's just constant housework and keeping the girls entertained. One week to go! :)

xxx

We had another look at the guest list last night and if we invite everyone it's 72 people! A hot buffet for that many people is gonna be over £1200. My Mum and Dad are coming round this afternoon so I'm gonna mention it to them and see what they say.

Also, I'm thinking we should be bringing it forward a week. Otherwise the kids will be going back to school on the following Monday and I'll be trying to finish off school stuff and getting ready for the wedding in the same week.

xxx

Eep! If its important to you to have everyone there then do it xx

It is and I really don't want to look back and have regrets. As I type my Mum is calling a golf club near us that hire out their restaurant for weddings, it's right by the sea and the views are amazing. Really hoping it is available on either of the dates I have in mind. Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk! :happydance:

We're off shopping with my friend tomorrow for her wedding, 8 weeks today. Me and my girls are bridesmaids for her so we're off to get their shoes, cardi's etc tomorrow. So exciting :)

xxx

They don't have Sep 5th or Aug 29th (our anniversary) available but they do have Saturday 30th Aug available so it looks like our Friday wedding just became a Saturday wedding :D We're just waiting for them to get back to us with a price for a 2 course meal. They charge £400 for hire and ask £100 deposit. :) So nearly got my venue xxx

New stalker, I get married December 27th next year, planning is so exciting. I am with you on the guest list I am struggling.

Hi firstbean :wave: I was so relieved once the guest list was finalised. Now for the exciting stuff ......... The shopping :D

The church is available on Aug 30th but still waiting for the venue to get back to us with prices. I'm hoping to have the venue booked by the end of the weekend/Monday.

We've had a lovely day shopping with my friend for her wedding, although the girls were little monkeys! Lol

xxx

Still no closer at finalising the venue, we still haven't heard from them. I'm gonna get my Mum to chase them up again tomorrow. Me and df are really hoping to go there on Sunday to see the place.

I'm still looking over my guest lists, adding people to the evening and considering a couple of people to remove from the day list. We'll get there eventually.

Gonna start getting hair, make-up and cake quotes next week. Also, I'm thinking of making my own invitations so need to get some inspiration for them.

:cloud9:

We have had prices from the golf club today, 2 course with wine, champagne, coffee and evening buffet is gonna be £3000 including hire charge.
My Mum has spent the day ringing round getting prices from other places too and my Dad has started a "spreadsheet" lol!

I have been looking at ideas for making our invitations and it still seems like it could work out expensive. I'm considering getting some personalised ones from someone on eBay. Plus, I'm worried I won't have time to make them, between the kids, their after school clubs, the gym and I'm vice chair of the PTFA so that keeps me busy too! Lol

xxx

That sounds like a good price! I made my own and they have worked out cheaper but it all depends what you want. Mine look homemade but I love them (though I may be upset if someone slags them off) they're on my journal somewhere... but yeah! Ebay have some great deals (and don't be afraid to barter for a package - day/evening invites/table numbers/menu etc) xx

We had our little Alfie christened yesterday. So last week the wedding plans had to take a back seat to allow me time to get get everything ready.

My friend that I am being bridesmaid for in a few weeks is having purple as her colour for her wedding. I have always planned on having a cadbury purple theme. Do you think I should change it now? Will it look like I copied her?

xxx

Ask her if she'd be okay and tell her you were planning it. My friend was disappointed to find out my colour scheme (mint and gold) as she'd always planned on using mint but I told her I don't care if she uses it I don't own the colour mint because I used it in my wedding. I'm not the first person to have that colour and I won't be the last.

As long as you tell her it won't look like you're copying and as long as you don't mind if one or two people think you are then I don't see the problem. It's your wedding, use whatever colour you want!

And so what if you are copying, to me that just screams compliment. You thought her wedding was so beautiful you want to use the same colour as her, how dare you lol.

I think it's fine xx

If it was me, I wouldn't have it because I'm funny like that :haha: but everything pp said is right :) xx

Thanks Ladies. None of our guests will be the same apart from my parents, lol. So I'm not worried about people thinking I have copied. It's just whether she'll think I copied her.

We really need to book our venue, hoping to go and see them this week and pay the deposit.

xxx

Sounds like a problem I had, one of my best friends gets married in March and I am December I had always planned to have plum as my colour scheme and had happily told her that then a month back my bridesmaid told me that my friend is now having plum to so I felt I had to change as I didn't want to look like I had copied as mine is December hers march I know she wasn't bothered but that's cos her wedding is first, now I have tiffany blue and am so much happier with this choice so glad she picked plum now.

Hmmm, I think I'm gonna have to look at some colour charts for some inspiration. Maybe I need to look outside the box more :)

xxx

We're off to the venue again tomorrow. Hopefully we'll pay the deposit whilst we're there :D

The meeting this morning went well, we are pleased with the price. Just need to chat to df about it later and then get it booked. They are giving us a few complimentary freebies too, the dj for the evening, the bridal suite with free champagne and strawberries, they decorate the top table and provide the right colour ribbons etc. So I'm really pleased with what they're offering.

Went for a bridesmaid dress fitting yesterday for my friends wedding. Her colour is definitely Cadbury purple :( so I think I may go for turquoise or teal instead. Also, her Mum told me they have got wands for the girls to hold!!! It's like they have seen my plans (which started years before she even met her df) but it's tough!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->