• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

I think you should too :thumbup: Do you have a loft? Wrap it up and chuck it up there. Just don't forget about it. Or, can your parents or a friend store it for you? Or tuck it behind the sofa! It won't take up much space and as long as its not somewhere where it can get knocked about then it should survive.
I'm super tempted to get it and I don't even want a mirror. I just want the frame :lol:

Okay, I want that too! lol! And I'm not even nearly getting married! Fingers crossed for a Christmas surprise for me :) xx

:haha: I think I'm going to have too, I'll kick myself if it goes!
I think if I get some bubble wrap or something and put it at the back of our cupboard under the stairs it should be okay!

Mummy May, fingers crossed he does :D

Wilkos does one too :thumbup: Bit more money but they do different sizes and colours, which might suit you better if you're having 10 tables mirrorrr

Ohh no now I can't decide, the are both gorgeous!
Think ill have to show them both to OH and see which one he prefers!

Do any of you know what you would write on the mirror with for it to come off after ?

Ohh no now I can't decide, the are both gorgeous!
Think ill have to show them both to OH and see which one he prefers!

Do any of you know what you would write on the mirror with for it to come off after ?

Good luck deciding, i wouldnt be able to choose lol

As for what to write on it with.. liquid chalk pens, here is just a random link from ebay lol

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-WHIT...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=251042286581&ps=54

Yep, chalk pen. You can get different colours and I'm sure they just wash off with water and a scrub :thumbup:

Giving Notice

OH rang up this morning to book an appointment for us to give notice and we are all booked in to go on 26th November at 1pm!

I'm actually quite nervous :haha:

I have my final number of 18 for my Hen weekend :happydance:
I'm actually really happy as I only have 2 good friends who are coming and the rest is family which I'm lucky I have! I really thought I'd have about 5 people going!

It was also looking likely that we wouldn't be able to go see Viva Forever (the new Spice Girls musical) but I've found that if I book the tickets through 2 different companies we get good seats in 2 separate groups but jus opposite sides of the stalls! I've collected the musical ticket money off most people and I've asked the rest to get it to me for the weekend so hopefully I can book it then before they go :)

Found a hotel too a Travel Lodge in Covent Garden which works out at £60 a person for the 2 nights which is soooo cheap compared with everywhere else!!

Then hopefully I can leave the rest of the ideas and things to do to my MOH and everyone else!

I cannot wait til I can plan all this stuff lol! I'm very excited for you! xx

I cannot wait til I can plan all this stuff lol! I'm very excited for you! xx

Aww! Do you have any ideas of what you'd like when the time comes? There's no harm on planning early hehe!

I'm feeling a bit bad at the minute though, I'm trying to sort wedding things, get the hen weekend plans started, sort Christmas, now I just feel like I'm forgetting about being pregnant and having a new baby! With Bobby we had everything sorted really early but this time we have nothing sorted except its name :haha:

Yeah we have a few ideas :) We know where we would like to get married, but they only cater for large parties and we don't want that (though we as a family spend 1000's there every year so hoping for maybe a little negotiation there haha) and we know we want men to wear top hats and tails... apart from that, no. I don't wanna use up all the excitement before he's even asked :rofl:

We haven't got bubs's name picked yet either - I'm dying to get its bedroom sorted out though so I can see what I still need to get!! xx

Argh!! You're so organised!!! My BMs keep asking me what I want to do for my hen. I actually have no idea :wacko:

Fingers crossed you get all the monies before the weekend. And yes, take a step back from planning and enjoy your pregnancy...give me a chance to catch up :lol: xx

What exactly is giving notice? I've heard of it but I'm not sure of what it is! xx

What exactly is giving notice? I've heard of it but I'm not sure of what it is! xx

Giving notice is exactly that. Giving the public official notice of your intentions to marry and when. Then the registry office 'posts your banns' which is them actually putting the info on display for two weeks. It's basically a chance for anyone who may have any objection to your marriage or know of any reason why you can't marry to come forward and tell the registrar :thumbup:

Or at least that's what I think it is :lol:

Argh!! You're so organised!!! My BMs keep asking me what I want to do for my hen. I actually have no idea :wacko:

Fingers crossed you get all the monies before the weekend. And yes, take a step back from planning and enjoy your pregnancy...give me a chance to catch up :lol: xx

:haha: it's only because I know once the new baby is here I won't want to do anything haha. I keep asking OH about little things and he keeps saying they dont matter now, I'm like we'll dont tell me they matter when you want me to lug 2 children around for silly bits and bobs I could get out of the way now!

I didn't know what i wanted to do for my Hen Weekend tbf and that's why I went with London cause I just thought they'll be so much to do ill be able to pick from a long list! But now apart from seeing the musical I'm not bothered about what we do and where we go, I'd kind of like someone to say to me we're doing this this and this you don't need to worry about it but we will see!!

Giving notice is exactly that. Giving the public official notice of your intentions to marry and when. Then the registry office 'posts your banns' which is them actually putting the info on display for two weeks. It's basically a chance for anyone who may have any objection to your marriage or know of any reason why you can't marry to come forward and tell the registrar :thumbup:

Or at least that's what I think it is :lol:

Haha I didn't really know what it was either, I remember I asked on a thread before!!

Can you bring your LO with you though, or is it a bit more formal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->