• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Laurens Getting Married - 15th June 2013

Best Man and Usher Thank You's!!

OH came up with the idea of getting his Ushers and Best Man a engraved hip flask each and filling it with a drink instead of just getting them a bottle of something! So I was having a look yesterday and found these ones on eBay and they are only £9.99 each and I think they are lovely!!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/a93c949824ded8bcc040ec7765ac404b.jpg

I'm thinking aswel if we have a few spare pennies left over to get them all a pair of socks with what they are on! They have Usher, Best Man, Groom, Father of the Bride and Father of the Groom!!

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/da45b126e1f1705807aaebb837480315.jpg

Now just need to think of an extra something for the Best Man!!​

Yeah thats a nice idea :) I especially love the socks - but I'm a sucker for novelty socks lol! xx

We didn't take our LO when giving notice. We were there probably for about 30-40 mins in total, if not longer, so if Bobby isn't much of a 'sitter' it might be an idea to have someone watch him for you. But it wasn't formal at all. Not for us anyway. It seems the whole process differs a lot from one office to the next :wacko:

Those hip flasks are a bargain...can you post the link so I can steal your idea? :) thanks. Haha xx

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-Man-Hip-Flask-6oz-FREE-Engraved-Gift-Personalised-Wedding-Favour-Present-/150822717235

There's the link to the hip flask, I was really shocked at the price cause everywhere I was looking they were about £25!!

Thanks that's a great help! Ill get him looked after! I was just thinking if we were going to be in and out then I'd bring him along but no he's not a sitter!
Also if you don't mind me asking another question, when you go do they tell you anything that's going to happen cause I know different places say how many readings, song etc and what will happen! Do they tell you that there or not ?

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

We got a pack to take away with us. It has suggestions of readings and what vowed you can choose etc. But if you have any questions then you can ask them. We have another meeting with our registrar about 6 weeks before the wedding to pay the final bill and to discuss readings (you can't have a reading with any religious connotation to it so they have to approve them) but another BnBer says she doesn't have another meeting, so it does vary it would seem. But ask whatever questions you may have on the day. I'm sure they'll be happy to answer them. Ours asked us if we had any questions but we didn't go prepared :lol: wish we had asked things now though. Haha xx

So last night after me saying to OH about having something for people while the room is being changed around/we're having our photos taken about 6 months ago and him disagreeing he turned round to me and said he thinks we need something! I seen this Ice Cream Tricycle before and loved it but OH didnt but I mentioned it to him and he loved the idea :wacko: can you tell I talk to a brick wall! We would have it after the ceremony when having the welcome drinks, you get it for 2 hours and its says on the website!

"choices of lovely icecream served in tubs or waffle cones
with oddles of topping, served by uniformed staff.
We will serve your guests with unlimited icecream
from a choice of flavours including
Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, Mint choc chip, Raspberry ripple, Rum and raisin,
Neapolitan, Cookies and cream."

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/a7e462900804eae4df2cdc2941694791.jpg

Now it's trying to decide if we can afford it or not!​

That is FAB!! I would defo be having that - and we want a winter wedding :D hahaha xx

LOVE that!!! We were gonna have a chip van for our 'evening' guests, but budget didn't extend that far

OH says we can afford it And he'll just do an extra over time shift at work to pay for it if need be but my OH also thinks we've payed for everything for just putting a deposit down so I really need to look at the budget!!

I also need to ask the venue if its okay with them to have it, it should be!

Hahah, men!!
I'm sure the venue will be fine with it. I presume it's an outside thing?? Or would you want it inside? x

Just ordered 2 of these for my flower girls, 99p each :)

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/700c05ee51ba2fa9f84cca163cf57812.jpg​

Hahah, men!!
I'm sure the venue will be fine with it. I presume it's an outside thing?? Or would you want it inside? x

Tell me about it, i also just asked him what he wanted the hip flasks engraved with and he told me he doesn't deffo know if that's what he wants to get them it was just an idea and it doesn't matter now anyway! I've told him he can sort it then (which he won't)

Yep we'd have it outside if the weather was nice but if it wasn't then we'd have it inside, outside our room is where the bar is and a big seating area so there would be plenty of space if it needed to go inside but here's hoping June next year will not be raining :)

I really want one of these finger print trees too but again OH thinks its a silly idea! I personally think its another thing for people to do and I think it would be a great keepsake for us to frame and put in the house after! What do you think of them?

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/c45a0d9247750b675ffc1a25a73cb5c3.jpg​

I think they're really pretty, but I couldn't have one as I hate fingerprints lol they gross me out!

If he didn't want it for the wedding, maybe you could keep the idea and do it with Bobby and the new bubs when they're a bit older :) xx

I like the finger print trees but I'd worry my tree looked more like an autumn/winter than a spring/summer :lol: and I've seen some where people just finger print anywhere on the page and not on the tree iykwim? It just looked messy. And when it comes to things like that I'm a total neat freak!

Men are actually useless. I've told OH that he's in charge of getting his men's gifts. It's just an extra hassle I don't need. Haha

Hey!

Have you been on light in the box? I like the finger print tree but we decided to go with signing photo that you frame, it has 'wedding day' in the middle to fill with photo's x

Hey!

Have you been on light in the box? I like the finger print tree but we decided to go with signing photo that you frame, it has 'wedding day' in the middle to fill with photo's x

See, our photography package gives us an engagement shoot with one picture mounted for guests to sign, but I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to let them do that either :haha: I like wish trees, where people write their message on a ribbon of paper or a paper tag and hang it on a 'tree'. But takes up a lot of space. At least with the finger print tree you can tailor it to your colour scheme :thumbup:

Ahh I never even thought about people not doing it perfectly like the picture, like I want :haha:
Hmm see I like the picture mount idea but we have a guest book anyway so i didn't really want another writing thing!
The wish tree I like too but I don't think the people coming to our wedding would take the time to write something like that!

Hmm I think I'll keep having a think about the finger print tree because it is £30 so I don't want to spend that and it be ruined! I wonder if I can find any pictures of people's from their weddings and not just the perfect ones!

£30???? Make your own!!! There are loads of templates online. Save one, take it to Staples and get it printed on A3 (unless you have an A3 printer), buy a frame from IKEA, job done :thumbup:

This is the one that 'put me off' (for want of a better phrase) the fingerprint trees. This is one in action at a wedding:

https://media.offbeatbride.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/6/files/2011/11/CrystalGenesPhotography110423203600-500x332.jpg

BUT, this is also a genuine one from a wedding and actually looks ok:

https://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/102307/fingerprint_tree.jpg

I guess it depends how arty and involved your guests will be. I know that a large proportion of our guests will use the finger paints to paint on each other and/or penis shapes on anything they can, so it's good ol' pen and paper for us. Although I would love something like the fingerprint tree :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->