laws in the workplace!

C

cherryglitter

my OH works for domino's (franchised). he's a shift runner there.

now i've never been happy with the way they've treated him. he's never had a copy of his contract which really irritates me. everytime he asks the manager for one he just says he will sort it out. we needed copies of his payslips at one point and he again asked the manager and nothing ever got done.

he's always expected to stay late. i wouldn't mind if it were 10 minutes here and there but it's half an hour to an hour every day. he doesn't get a proper day off. the only time he does is when we have to go somewhere so he has to ask. these are just small things that wind me up though. i'm petrified of going into labour during the day when he's at work. there's no way he would ever get anybody else in to cover him if he had to leave.

but there are also a few things wrong in the actual workplace. there is no access to drinking water AT all. they have a huge handwashing basin and that's it. in the toilet (not that this bothers him directly) there's no sanitary bin, so the girls put there used stuff in the normal bin (nowhere else to put it so i don't blame them!) but OH is expected to empty this every two hours. :shrug: i just think it's really bad hygiene. especially as they don't wear gloves to make the pizzas (they don't have to for some bizarre reason!)

i'm pretty sure the above two are laws aren't they? they have no 'break' area. OH works during the day and it's just him alone in the shop with one other driver. so he doesn't get a break all day. i didn't think that was allowed.

anybody out there know the proper laws on it? i've told him he HAS to take it up with HR but he's worried about pissing the boss off. :wacko: i told him it must be really embarrassing for a girl not to be able to dispose of used sanitary stuff properly!

By law you have to have a break every x number if hours. However they do consider it a break if you are just not working at your usual job for say 10 min.

Without a contract he is kind of stuffed. It's really important that he gets one. Then he will know exactly what his rights are etc.

the thing is, they say he has a contract. he always asks for a copy of it though and the manager just shrugs it off. i know people usually get treated like crap in these time of work settings though.

Does he remember signing any contract?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->