leaking urine? Sorry embarrassing and TMI

mumof2girls

Reaction score
This is really embarrassing for me...... I am nearly 23 and have two children aged 2 and 5. Both my children were small at birth one weighed 3lb 11 and the other was 6lb 7. I have recently noticed that my underwear seems damp and it seems that I am leaking urine although I never actually feel it happen. I dont really want to go to the doctors and although I did do my pelvic floor exercises after my children I have started doing them again. Does anyone have any insight as to why this may be suddenly happening? :wacko:

Thanks in advance and sorry for the TMI x

im not sure , didnt wana read and run,but ur muscles can be tightened in a small op if u went to the docsx

This is really embarrassing for me...... I am nearly 23 and have two children aged 2 and 5. Both my children were small at birth one weighed 3lb 11 and the other was 6lb 7. I have recently noticed that my underwear seems damp and it seems that I am leaking urine although I never actually feel it happen. I dont really want to go to the doctors and although I did do my pelvic floor exercises after my children I have started doing them again. Does anyone have any insight as to why this may be suddenly happening? :wacko:

Thanks in advance and sorry for the TMI x

Hi there!
I just wanted to say that I was in the same situation as you, and I mentioned it to my physio who was treating me for my back post-natally, and she referred me to a pelvic floor physiotherapist (you may have to ask your GP to refer you I dont know how it works in the UK)
She has helped me so much! I thought that I had been doing my pelvic floor exercises correctly but she hooked me up to this amazing machine and it measures your muscle strength...and I had been doing it wrong! Since I have been shown how to do them correctly, the mild incontinence has almost vanished, I dont have to wear a liner anymore. I have also started pilates to help strengthen my core which is linked to your pelvic floor.

I hope this helps you! Good luck xxx

Just wanted to give another :thumbup: to pelvic floor physiotherapists.
Made a huge difference in my recovery from SPD.
I would highly recommend seeing one for your problem. They'd sort you out pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->