Learning how to ice skate?! UPDATE: Been on the ice :-)

UPDATE:

I've now been on the ice twice - Impromptu on Sunday and then by choice on Wednesday lol. I'm hopeless to be quite honest and had a minor panic attack while trying to get onto the rink yesterday but never mind lol.

I borrowed a friend's hockey skates on Sunday (she came with us and offered to look after the boys while I went on so I went for it.

While I haven't let go of the sides (except to cross the rink holding on to hubby for dear life! lol) I can see this taking me a long time as the sliding/gliding movement and sensation is not coming naturally to me and I have a tendency to panic and freeze up any time I'm not pigeon-stepping......

but we will keep on trucking. I'm trying to make it a mission that every time I go to the rink I get on the ice. I am now looking at getting myself some skates - all the girls in the club said hockey then if I get 'good' to get figure skates as apparently hockey skates are more stable :shrug: so I've been borrowing their skates for the time being.

Aiming to go again next Friday/Sunday.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon! Although it took my years before I dared let go of my mum's hand when skating :haha: I went skating for the first time in a couple years at the weekend, out on the lake - its like riding a bike, you never forget how once you've learnt! Still haven't tried teaching Maria yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->