Leaving for a while...

Symphony7

Reaction score
So, plans have changed a bit.

We bought our townhome three years ago. I've loved it here except having such close neighbors. We have a bit of trouble with the one playing loud music against our living room wall. They are now complaining about our dogs to retaliate. My little one can bark when alone, but instead of coming to me and asking me to do something about it they get all defensive when we ask them to turn the music down and say "oh yeah? Well your dog barks!" What children. And then last week there was an awful chemical smell coming from the other side...they've been remodeling and apparently they had mold. So they fumigated, and the smell came straight through our wall. We were basically breathing poison for 48 hours. I ended up opening the windows in the middle of winter to get rid of the smell.

So now my husband and I are trying to move up our plan of getting out of here into a detached home. We've decided to try in two years to get out of here...so that means saving almost all of my income that I will bring in starting in August. I am going out today to look at a barn to move my horses to that is over $200 a month cheaper per horse. It's further out and I'll be sad to leave my current barn but this is really important to us. I want to bring my children into a home that I don't have to worry about the stress of these people next to us. I want to let my dogs out in the yard and not worry if they bark a few times. I want to invite friends over and have parking available without having the strategically plan where all the cars will go. I want my children to have a front lawn big enough to play on.

So we are pushing back the TTC date to 2017, which will give me three full years of work before I have the baby. Hopefully in 2 1/2 years we will have the down payment for the house and can look for a new place.

I feel like, for now, I need to leave the baby board at least for another year. I've been waiting on here for two years, and I think not dwelling on it will make the time in between much better. I am going to focus on my horses the next two years and on working hard to get to our dream home.

I'll see you guys in a year or two! Best luck to everyone who is WTT or moving onto TTC.

Best of luck! Hopefully you guys find the perfect house for your future family :flower:

Those neighbors are really something special! :wacko:

I'm sorry you're going through such an unfortunate situation. I hate dealing with town homes/condos/apartments for all the reasons listed above! You will be much happier in a single-family home. Best of luck to you! At least you are almost finished with school, so that is something to celebrate very soon! :)

Come back and let us all know when you have your new place!
Very exciting making changes!

Wishing you all the best in the next couple years!

Best of luck symphony!!

good luck symphony, hope you get your dream home very soon and enjoy your life in the meantime. i totally understand we are thinking of the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->