Leaving your baby with OH

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know this might sound wierd, but do you trust your OH to look after your baby?? i do trust him but i find it hard to leave him on his own with Jack, its just when i have Jack i hardly ever put him down and as soon as he crys i pick him up, but OH will have him for like 5min and the put him down and if he crys OH just leave him for a bit which i hate, i look after Jack all day every day but even when OH is here he only has him for like 5min and then puts him down and he know i wont leave Jack to cry so its an easy way for me to take over, i've started going to the gym now as well and OH had him for an hour and he let his son who is 7 feed him which i wasnt happy about becuase he felt them in a room together and he went off and cooked tea, now i know callum is his brother but when u leave him alone he does silly things i caught him doing a few silly things to Jack so do u think i right to get annoyed about that??

You are still in new mum mode. I'm still trying to shift it now. Callum wouldn't hurt Jack I'm sure. One of my cousins was "a bit ruff" with Caitlyn one day, I was horrified but Caitlyn found it hilarious x

I don't trust Rich with Caitlyn on his own, not because he doesn't have her best interests at heart, but because she doesn't trust him yet.

We're tuned to protect them and that's what we have to do. We take small steps to become less paranoid and eventually we get there! Don't be so hard on yourself x

i trust my mum to look after him its hard to let any one else

I feel like this even now! I know for a fact Shaun would never ever hurt Jessie in a million years but I still constantly watch him and comment, 'mind her head' 'carefull' 'she dont like it like that' etc. I feel horrible for doing it but cant help myself xXx

I leave Tegan with Hayley quite often. If I want a lie in, I have one because I know Hayley'll wake me up if she needs me, which she normally doesn't lol. But I do admit that I do the 'mind her head' thing with everyone Lol

OMG !! It's not just me.... :lol:
I know he wouldn't hurt her.... and to be honest, she always seems calmer with him. She always wants to suck something with me... so I'm constantly holding dummy in her mouth ( when will she learn to keep it in herself !!!!).
I did my first pub gig on Friday since having her, and I couldn't stop checking my phone :dohh:
Natural protective instinct I think.

im just the same..maddy is 7 nearly and she watches tommy if im cooking etc, she is very protective but with oh i dont trust him at all...he obviously wouldnt hurt him but hes just the not the same as mom..hes happy to let him cry a bit but just seems so *slow* in his approach to things he doesnt know what his cries mean and he isnt able to settle him yet..he still gets frustrated because of this so it makes tommy worse..however, after the baby stage i nkow oh will be far better and will have so much more patience than me so i suppose wel swap roles then!!

h x

It does get easier (a bit!) to leave them. And you know that although your OH will look after Jack in a different way to you, no harm will come to him. I think it get's easier the more you do it too, so going to the gym regularly is great!

I feel like this even now! I know for a fact Shaun would never ever hurt Jessie in a million years but I still constantly watch him and comment, 'mind her head' 'carefull' 'she dont like it like that' etc. I feel horrible for doing it but cant help myself xXx

I find I do this ALOT. I'm constantly telling OH to "watch him!!" "make sure he doesn't fall!!" "dont carry him like that! He might fall!"
Although, when I am here I normally have him 24/7. But have become alittle better since I started Uni and have to leave him with OH from 5pm until 9-10pm on Mon-Thurs. Although I do call inbetween and make sure he is good/ate his dinner, etc.
AND MY SON'S 7 MONTHS! :rofl:

It's not something you will get over, but you just have to trust that they aren't going to harm LO intentionally. Plus, a couple months from now you will find that you need a break. And you will be able to trust them much better knowing that they have participated quite a bit and are used to LO/LO trusts them.

I leave my LO with his dad occasionally...i used to be exactly the same...everytime i left the house all i would want to do is do what i have to do and practically run straight back...but after some time i have began to feel very comfortable with it...but i have to admit before i go anywhere i have to tell my OH when to feed him...chenge him and i have to beg him to play with him cos my bubs needs to stay occupied to be happy...unfortunatly daddy hates the playing bit but he said he does try...have to admit i have my doubts...one thing i really hate though is he gets so stressed when he starts crying...but practice makes perfect right:)

Brian watches Helena all night so I can actually get a full nights sleep :) He stays up and plays video games and I am pretty sure he takes good care of her as she is not too cranky when I get her back in the morning. He then sleeps in the mornings and I cuddle with her and do household chores, etc. I have also been out shopping a couple times for diapers, etc and have left Helena with Brian as it is easier then loading everyone up in the car. Brian usually will go do the errands but sometimes I need some fresh air and a coffee and I don't mind going. I do miss her when I am gone but I do like a break occasionally and she is only 3 weeks old, lol.

i find it very very very hard to leave the kids with colin!

i know colin would be fine with them.. i dont know why i freak out about it??

Well my boy is nearly 10 months old and i struggle to leave him with peaople infact i think it gets harder as when he was younger grandad took him but now i wont let anyone have him overnight or even for afew hours i had him because i wanted to be a mum and do all the chores eyc not for people to have him all the time so im really bad with it

Im fine with leaving baba with OH. Only problem is he wont sleep with OH because he has a sore tummy bug and likes mummy to cuddle and rock him to sleep (i know very bad habit but he's ill and he's only lil) But if he's had a feed and a cuddle i can leave him with kyle for an hour or 2 when so i can get out. Like today. He had his lunch at 11.45 and then i nipped into town and got the shopping and was back by 1pm where i found him in his daddy's arms watching TV :) Even when he crys kyle is good and just rocks him until mummy comes :) XxX

I cant complain I have the perfect man in my eyes anyway he will sit there and watch what I do so when hes alone with max hes all good ..Ive gone to the spa , girls night out and came back happy to see both of my men in boxers sleeping on the couch watching hockey lol

i too can't complain, james is excellent with maddi and always there when i need him to be. however i still hate leaving maddi with anyone - i'm only comfortable with leaving her with my mum dad and james. i was commenting about this on toria's thread, saying i do have an hour or so to myself everyweek to go have my nails done etc, but i too am still not ready to leave her, i'm sure it will get better with time honey, do what you feel comfortable with and gradually i'm sure your'll feel ok leaving your LO :hugs:

Stan watches Hannah a lot, it's a team effort really and she's just as comfortable with him as she is with me.....like bethanylee said he dies have a different way of looking after her but I accept that. I know he wouldn't do anything to harm her and he's alomst as protective as me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->