Leggings as trousers.

modified

Reaction score
yes or no?

I vote no. No no no no no! They're for wearing under something that either covers your bum or just covers it - they're not replacement trousers!

Jeggings are different - they tend to be a thicker, more trouser like (but still stretchy, comfy and soft!) material.

Thoughts? :flower:

Not for me. I wear them in place of tights. I wouldn't wear jeggings as trousers either - far too clingy to certain areas.

Ive only ever seen ppl wear leggings with long tops covering the bum.

Do you mean like leggins with a crop top or something .. in which case yeh that seems wrong :D

https://lv31.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/leggings-as-pants-2.jpg

If nothing is covering your bum then this is going to happen!

I wear them as trousers because jeans don't fit me... BUT i ALWAYS wear long tops that cover my bum! I hate when you can see people's backsides and knickers through them.

By wearing them in place of trousers, I meant wearing them not with something covering your bum! Whether it be a regular t shirt or crop top :haha: If your bum is on show - just say no! :haha:

I don't think it looks nice but I'm a firm believer in people being allowed to wear absolutely anything they want, including going naked if they choose. :shrug:

By wearing them in place of trousers, I meant wearing them not with something covering your bum! Whether it be a regular t shirt or crop top :haha: If your bum is on show - just say no! :haha:

OHHH well then no I don't lol! :haha: x

I don't think it looks nice but I'm a firm believer in people being allowed to wear absolutely anything they want, including going naked if they choose. :shrug:

Me too. I couldn't care less if people wear leggings as trousers (and plenty do!), it's just not something I'd do myself and is a bit of light hearted banter on a Friday afternoon :thumbup:

If your bum is covered then I think its fine if you have the figure for it

I see so many girls where you can see their knickers and it's not the best of looks is it

Me too. I couldn't care less if people wear leggings as trousers (and plenty do!), it's just not something I'd do myself and is a bit of light hearted banter on a Friday afternoon :thumbup:

Oh no sorry I wasn't condemning the thread or anything, I agree that I don't think it looks nice. I was just explaining that I couldn't really answer no when I don't think it's fair IYSWIM?

Oh no sorry I wasn't condemning the thread or anything, I agree that I don't think it looks nice. I was just explaining that I couldn't really answer no when I don't think it's fair IYSWIM?

No, I know! I just wanted to reply/didn't want to leave it hanging :haha:

I suppose the question should have been titled "would/do you wearleggings as trousers?" :dohh:

A huge no.

When I was shopping in lidl once, I walked round the corner to the till and there was a woman who was wearing these leggings, BENDING OVER and you could see right through them showing off her thong! It was horrific.

Same when I was at another supermarket and a woman wearing them revealing her red thong. Don't these people understand the term "underwear"? It's not meant to be seen :dohh:

I think they are fine if you can't see knickers through them :blush:

I don't see a problem with wearing whatever you want to wear. I see lots of people wearing them with long tops which I think looks nice. A few weeks ago I did see a girl in a pair that were stretched so tightly over her bum that they'd gone completely see through and she wasn't wearing any knickers :dohh: I wondered whether she was aware of it or not!

I don't like leggings at all on anyone whether used as tights or trousers. I prefer jeggings or treggings.

Treggings are leggings styled to look like trousers.

I had to google!!

I wouldn't bash anyone on their fashion sense (I have enough faux pas on a regular basis), so I'm not necessarily bothered how anyone else chooses to wear them. I only own two pair and they're thicker material than some pants I own because I'm dead paranoid about the dreaded see-through leggings :haha:
I did however see a woman at the shops a few weeks back wearing a very see-through pair of leggings with a jumper dress. The weird part was that she'd tucked the jumper dress INTO the leggings!?? Like right in, they were pulled up to her waist and you could see the dress stuffed all inside. It couldn't have been unintentional because you'd notice that surely, and there were people standing talking to her not even mentioning it. It was the most confusing thing I saw all day :lol:

Pull on trousers basically!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"