Legs feel uncomfortable?????

SoBlessedMama

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I am a bit over 22 weeks. This seems to happen only at night when I'm trying to chill out before bed...but my legs feel completely uncomfortable. They kind of hurt, and they kind of feel restless. The only thing that helps even a bit is when DH massages them for me. It feels like the more pressure on them, the better they feel. (Also, I work out every other day right now, and it happens on both work out, and non work out days.)

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? I know it sounds pretty vague, but I'd love any input. : )

Yes me! It's hard to describe how it feels..it's like I want to stretch them out constantly but no amount of stretching makes then feel better. I just bend my legs in various ways to stretch all the muscles out. I don't have a solution as such - just that doing some hamstring and other stretches helps a bit.

I totally have restless legs at night at the moment! Drives me nuts!

Xx

I get this when I'm really tired. I find the only thing that helps is to go to sleep, not very helpful I know.

I get this too. I got it before pregnancy, but it's so much worse now and I get it in my arms and hands too - so annoying!

Drinks with quinine in, like tonic water, are supposed to help. They are supposed to be safe for pregnancy too because the level of quinine is so low, but you can't take quinine pills.

I tend to get this if I eat meals high in salt or eat too late at night. It's very annoying!!

I get this too! Like I have to move them and stretch them out....... awful feeling!

Had this every pregnancy, only gets worse. Nothing helps mine, it all goes once baby is born.

Thank you for all the suggestions!! There are some ideas I have never heard of, and will definitely have to try. It also makes me feel better to know it isn't just me! : )

The restless legs, I didn't even know this was a pregnancy thing until after I got pregnant with this baby. I don't know what helps, but I know what makes it worse! Phenergan, that's a nausea pill, benadryl waiting till your exhausted to lie down.

Yep, I get restless legs at night, too. When I'm trying to fall asleep, I feel like I have to keep kicking or moving my legs around or they feel all crawly and tingly, sort of like electricity moving through them. It's hard to explain, but it's really annoying.

I get a weird uncomfortable sensation on the evening especially if I've been at work that day.

I think it's almost like pins and needles, but too mild to be full blown pins and needles, but equally irritating! It's everything in your legs and feet swelling up and making the blood flow strange and gives strange sensations.

I've started getting it in my hands more too!

The only thing that relives me is going to sleep!

Me tooooo! I thought it was just me! I feel like i have to kick them or stretch them in order to make them feel better. It happens every night about an hour or so before bed. The only thing that makes it stop is going to sleep.

To think I used to laugh at those RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) commercials. Lol. Karma, I guess.

Me tooooo! I thought it was just me! I feel like i have to kick them or stretch them in order to make them feel better. It happens every night about an hour or so before bed. The only thing that makes it stop is going to sleep.

To think I used to laugh at those RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) commercials. Lol. Karma, I guess.

Ha!! I know what you mean--I'd think, "that can't possibly be a real thing!"

I get this too.. I feel stupid flicking my legs about but its so frustrating.. my midwife said sometimes it can be a lack of magnesium, calcium or iron but im pretty up on my vitamins.. guna take the tonic water advice tho xx

If a bit of pressure feels nice, you could try compression stockings?

What a good idea! Thank you--I will have to try that. I don't know why that thought never occurred to me...but then again, baby brain has me...I just tried to unlock my front door with my car remote lol.

Taking an evening walk usually helps me. I also will do lots of leg stretches too after my walk and that almost always makes them go away.

What a good idea! Thank you--I will have to try that. I don't know why that thought never occurred to me...but then again, baby brain has me...I just tried to unlock my front door with my car remote lol.

LOL it is crazy what our brains come up with.
I didn't think of it for my super swollen ankles with #1, only thought of it now because my sister highly recommends them during pregnancy. They also help prevent varicose veins.
Hope it helps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->