legs in or out for a newborn?

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
So when I was wrapping my ds2 as a smally it was recommended to have them frog legged in the wrap. However I have just been googling to remind myself how to wrap and they all seem to recommend legs out???? Is there a reason for this?
Also I have a mt (babyhawk) and I used to carry him in that with legs in too but if that is not recommended now does that nean it is not suitable to use till baby gets bigger?

Legs out from birth now. It's easier to have the legs in a good position if they're out - with legs in, you can end up putting too much pressure on the feet and I imagine it's harder to see what's going on in there. If the mei tai seems too wide for your LO's legs, just take a ribbon or a hair tie and use it to cinch in the body of the carrier so it supports your LO nicely from knee pit to knee pit without forcing the legs straight. If the body of the mei tai is then too long/too high over LO's head because he/she isn't sitting on the feet, you can just fold it over at the waistband to make it shorter. Should be fine from birth :)

Thanks Rachel. That makes sense actually. I will try cinching in the mt and rolling it if needed. Is going to be strange wrapping a newborn. Looking forward to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->