Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

We live in Wales so our kids names are Welsh!

Our son is John-Rhys Jones but we call him Rhys (pronounced Reece) as is traditional in welsh families to call Son's by their middle name. All the first born sons in my husbands family are called John-something and they are called by the 'something'

Our daughter is called Ffion Lowri (pronounced Fee-on Low-ree - low as in not high) Jones which is Welsh for Fiona

For this baby our girls name is Siân Eira (pronounced Sh-Ahh-n and then Eigh-ra - Eigh as in eight)

We are still working on a boys name!!!

(btw all of the above names are completely traditional in Wales but I know they may seem weird to you guys!!!)

Hi ladies! I just saw your invite Leinz- thank you! My gender scan is on June 15 if the baby cooperates :) My edd is Nov 29! Lovin all the names ladies.

Love the names tezzy! Very different than I'm used to but beautiful names and I love sticking to tradition:)

First of all, Ladies! I love that you are all here..:) Thank you all! This is going to be so much fun. If you get a chance please look at the front page, and let me know if any tickers or info is wrong. If you'll be finding out gender I'll be changing the tickers to pink or blue depending on what sex you'll be having. Thats why I really wish thebump had a yellow option. They don't so we'll stick with TEAM GREEN, guess it works.

AND I REALLY JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE NEWBORN PICS AND HEAR THE BIRTH STORIES! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Please come back here to update! :)

Good morning Ladies! :) We have names picked out and it was so hard to decide and agree! Who knows...they might change by the time this bubs gets here! lol We have Raif and Hael for a boy and Hazel, Zahra, Layla for a girl!

Had a great appointment yesterday and heard bubs HB. It was a whopping 178! It was so amazing! :)

I love your names Krippy. I especially love Raif & Zahra... And I'm very happy that you heard bubs HB. Can't wait until July to see if that strong fast Beat means its a girl!:)

Ahh I finally had a chance to join and catch up with u ladies!! I love all the name chat!! Dp and I had our two names picked out during the tww..haha that's the way we past the time;) druce aden if its a boy(druce means son of drew which is dp's name so he was adamant about that one;) aden means little fire) or lyla shea if its a girl. Lyla means dark haired beauty(which there's no doubt she's gonna be with our genes;)).

I love all the names leinz!! Really like jacee for a girl!!

Ooh love the names krippy!! Especially all the girls names! Layla was my choice for a girls name and somehow dp turned it into lyla;) love that name!! Congrats on hearing the hb! Soo exciting!! Ive only seen my beans heart fluttering away, can't wait to hear it!!

I have my first appt with my actual midwife tomorrow!! Yay:)

So glad to see you here! :) I love Druce, thats awesome for Daddy. I can already bet he wants a boy. So does DH. I also love the meanings! :) Yay for seeing the fluttering away. I hope you hear it at your next appt. :) I hope you love your midwife. :)

We live in Wales so our kids names are Welsh!

Our son is John-Rhys Jones but we call him Rhys (pronounced Reece) as is traditional in welsh families to call Son's by their middle name. All the first born sons in my husbands family are called John-something and they are called by the 'something'

Our daughter is called Ffion Lowri (pronounced Fee-on Low-ree - low as in not high) Jones which is Welsh for Fiona

For this baby our girls name is Siân Eira (pronounced Sh-Ahh-n and then Eigh-ra - Eigh as in eight)

We are still working on a boys name!!!

(btw all of the above names are completely traditional in Wales but I know they may seem weird to you guys!!!)

Totally love your Welsh names! I love Rhys and ofcourse I love the name John. That was my brothers name, he passed in October. Do you also go by the girls second name over the first? And I definitley love your girls name! :) Now, I'm hoping you'll be using them both or need a new one for those twins! :happydance: Have you called about booking a scan?

Hi ladies! I just saw your invite Leinz- thank you! My gender scan is on June 15 if the baby cooperates :) My edd is Nov 29! Lovin all the names ladies.

Good to see you girl! I'm so excited about your gender scan. I can't wait to change your ticker to TEAM PINK! :) Do you have any names picked out? You are getting an earlier gender scan. I won't get mine until Week 19.

No it's only the males who are called by their middle name... If we have another boy though it won't be John- something as that's only he first born son. My husband is the second born son and has a middle name of Thomas so if our baby is a boy his name will be something-Thomas but will be called by his first name. Complicated I know, but not for us LOL!!!

If there are two babies and they are both girls they will be called Eira and Anwen or Siân and Bethan

Again we are stuck for boys name so have no idea if they were both boys but would be Eira and Elwyn possibly for a boy/girl set of twins!

And no, I'm not going for a scan... But i did take another pregnancy test today just to make sure im pregnant lol :rofl:

Yes, I was thinking it'd be another John first. But, I sorta get it now. That stinks that you won't be getting an early private scan. But, it'll be nice to save the money for your holiday. And your holiday will help to quickly pass the time of 2 weeks. :)

Fabulous names! :flower: I love the diversity of cultures in this thread.

Krippy, I love the name Zahra...one of the names on my list was Zohar (which is the Hebrew/masculine version of the same name) but DH said it wouldn't work as well in his native language. I think if it's a girl and you don't go with that for her first name you should use it as a middle name so she can have a middle initial Z...that always makes people seem very cool :haha:

Tezzy I really love the name Eira! I have a friend named Aira, pronounced a bit differently (first syllable as in "eye") but I've always thought that was such a lovely name. Sian must be the Welsh version of the Irish (?) name Sean? I know a few Seans.

Tlustica, I love both of yours! So pretty. And both unusual but not at all weird!

My name is Twila. The I is loud, not soft. I'm named after my paternal grandmother who passed a month before I was born. Happily I'm a namesake.

My name is Twila. The I is loud, not soft. I'm named after my paternal grandmother who passed a month before I was born. Happily I'm a namesake.

I knew a girl with the name Twila. :thumbup:

Ahhh, I haven't really known any Twila's. However, there was one that worked in the lunch room, when I was in grade school. And also knew of one that was always heard of the loudspeaker at Walmart.

You'd always hear Twila Lane 2, or Lane 4... etc. LOL

And no, I'm not going for a scan... But i did take another pregnancy test today just to make sure im pregnant lol :rofl:

I did test the other day! The test line comes up as soon as the urine goes over the strip, before the control line. Don't you love that? However, be careful sometimes HCG will be so high, the test may show a lighter line and scare you from malfunction.

BTW, no need for testing! Just look at your bump! :thumbup:

When I was younger I always wanted the name Angelina for a girl but now I'm not sure. If it's a boy it's going to be a very latin name. My husband promised his grandfather before he passed that he was going to name our first born son after his grandfather and mine. So it would be Enrique Concepcion Marquez. If you can only see how my husband and i look it just doesn't fit. We are both half Mexican and Korean but look more asian. My name is latin enough.

I think its a handsome name on the longer side. :) And I love Angelina. I liked Allie when I was younger, but no longer want to use it. I was hooked on the Notebook.

Twila is a greek name yeah?

- edit -

i think i'm thinking of Toolah

Twila! That's a pretty name. I don't think I've ever met another Twila. Isn't there a famous choreographer named Twyla Tharp?

Betheney, I didn't even know! I looked it up though and its English.

S, I've heard of Twyla Tharp. And there is also a Twila Paris gospel singer.

Twila is a greek name yeah?

- edit -

i think i'm thinking of Toolah

My sister is due with a girl in August and her husband is Greek... and their top choice for a girls name is Tula (or Toolah, Tulah etc). I am not gutsy enough to name my child anything unusual (my daughter's name is Molly :haha: )... but she is going for it!!!

Although I would love any baby that comes to me, I am secretly convinced we are having another girl. I have ONLY thought about girls names!!!

Ooooooh I just scrolled back through some of these posts and I saw Krippy's name "Hazel" for a girl!!! I LOVE IT!!!! What would you use as a nick name?? I guess you wouldn't?

Sevilla: Your daughter is adorable. When you were pg with her, did you have a boys name picked out?

What is everyone doing this weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"