Length of your baby!?

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
My LO wasnt measured when he was born so a few weeks ago we measured him doing it how they say to in the Red Book. Well at 8 weeks he measured 67 cm - which is the average of a 6 month old! Does this mean he will be tall I am only 5 foot 7 and DH is only 5 foot 10!

Caitlyn is 64cm now! :rofl: Butttttttttt I'm 5'2 and Rich is 5'7

Wow thats long...last time i got my bubs measured he was that tall and he was just 5 and a half months...at the back of your red book they show you how you can work out the approx height of you baby when older by looking at the parents...

My OH is 6ft and im 5ft 8 xx

:shock: I thought Renah was bad because she was born at 22 inches, but she has nothing on him!

wow jacks a shorty x x hes only 63 now x x

bloody hell!! katie was 57 when he was born, i thought that was huge! i measured her at about 64 the other week, but OH measured her at 60! did you straighten his legs out?

Oliver is 58.5cm at 7 weeks (91st centile). According to the mid-parent corrected height, he is bang on track to be a tally, like both of us!! (Both just hit 6 foot).

Lola's 21 inches (53 cm now) now! :lol: She's a shorty...

Leo's gonna be a basketball player ;)

I know everyone comments on how long he is!!!! I dont know whats in my boobies!!!! And he is still growing! He is off the changing mat when I change him! My dad is 6 foot 4 so maybe he will be like him!

how much did he weigh at birth? are you tall? noone could believe it when katie was born cos i'm 5'1 and she was 9lb12, i still dont know how she fitted in there! her daddy's not that tall either, none of the immediate family are over 6ft, but my grandad was like 6'4!

My baby is in the 90 percentile for height. I think she was 24" at 11 weeks. I am like 6 ft tall though, lol.

He is fine Lucy! although wait till he is older he will be able to reach everything! aslong as he doesnt give Jacob any ideas on that one! x

I was shocked when Harry was born as he was 58cm long but my others were only 50cm!!
I think it all evens itself out as they grow up though, maybe the longer babies might not get any longer for a while but the smaller babies may grow quite a lot and catch up iykwim xx

Yeah I think it will even out - he is average for weight but the HV ann the weigh in centre commented on his length too and couldnt believe he was then 9 weeks! He weighed 8lbs at birth but was my first so a bit heavier than average...

leeon was 21 inches at birth and now hes nearlly one and hes 81cm long which is long for his age but they have sudden spurts where they go very long then dont grow for months in length then do it again lol

I don't think the parents height has anything to do with how long they are at this age. Harley was 21.5 inches long at birth and I'm 6'2" and her dad is 5'8" (he's so short compared to me! :rofl:)

jack was only 51cm born had him measured at his 6 week check & he was 54cm , but im only 5ft . violet x

That is long, now that I see Helena is 61 cm. He's gonna be a tall boy! :) Cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->