lengthening luteal stage..?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by meltanton, Jan 27, 2011.

1. meltanton

meltanton Mum of1,2angels&expecting

Does anyone know any natural ways of lengthening your luteal stage, as i am 4DPO today and my AF is due in 5 days which means if it comes on time my luteal stage is only 9 days and i have read in the luteal stage it can take an average of 7-10 days for the egg to implant. I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle and i really dont want to experience another one so if lengthening the luteal stage would help i wasd wondering if any one would know how to do this?

Thankyou ladies
    :dust: to all xx

2. meltanton

also has anyone else tried lengthening their luteal stage?

3. kates84

kates84 Mum to one

Vitamin B6 hon - from Holland and Barrett - it acts as a hormone regulator and promotes progesterone.

Some ladies also have success with angus cactus but only take that before ovulation.

4. meltanton

cheers huni can i start taking that now?or should i wait to see how long my luteal stage is in this cycle?xx

5. kates84

kates84 Mum to one

It's safe to take B6 at any time chick - they even say it helps in pregnancy.

I'd leave the angus cactus though until your next cycle and only take that until you ovulate.

I know B6 works because it has reduced my own bleeding quite a lot

6. meltanton

oh brilliant thankyou u star xx how is everything today?

7. lol2811

lol2811 Expecting #2

I started taking b6 and a b complex to balance things out around 3dpo last cycle and my lp went from 11 to 13 days, although I don't know if that was the b6 or just a coincidence but the 3 cycles before this all had lp's of 11 days.

This cycle I have been taking b50 complex from holland and Barrett since cd1 so fx this is the cycle!!

Gl to you xx