Lesbian Moms Expecting Twins?

They don't scan you more often since you're having twins? I'm hoping since I'm having twins I get appts every 2 weeks to monitor babies and all. Guess ill find out Wednesday. I'm also 34 so I'm not sure if I'm considered of maternal age and will need more monitoring/appt etc...

I only go once a month and so far it's only been checking heartbeats with the doppler. Starting with my next scan, 20 weeks, I will still be going once a month but it will be an ultrasound every time. As long as things look normal that's all I go. She did tell me I could go every two weeks if that would make me feel better. I figure I'll wait until after this next apt and see how things go. I'm starting to get braxton hicks contractions. Going to the grocery store today got them started.

Oh ok, well that is good. Has your pregnancy been good?

It's been good so far. I was completely miserable with nausea and exhaustion which has now turned more into exhaustion and uncomfortableness lol Babies have been good though. Braxton hicks just started last week. I'm anxious to see if they are developing ok and are on track with growth. How's your's going so far? Have you been sick?

Oh wow, Braxton hicks so early, eek! I've been good, have nausea and acid relfux from time to time but that beats vomiting any day of the week! Are you showing yet? I'm 5ft1, short waist and big boobs so I've got that thick girl look going on right now, lol. Not ready for maternity clothes but just about out of my reg clothes completely. Doing the hair band trick and wearing big tops for now, lol.

My wife and I just found out she is pregnant today! She is just barely 4 weeks along, so it is VERY early, but I just can't help myself from not getting excited. :happydance:

We didn't do IVF or use any fertility treatments, so the chances of twins are very low. It could still happen, though.

I am a bit concerned right now though. She had her yearly pap smear appointment scheduled for next Thursday, but a few days ago noticed yellow discharge on her underwear. We weren't sure if that was normal or a sign of an infection of some sort. Since she has had yeast infections in the past without ever knowing it (she would find out when she would have the pap smears), we wanted to get it checked out sooner just in case she was pregnant. We went in this morning and they did a pregnancy test, and the nurse said it was negative. The doctor came in and took a culture sample. She said it looked like a bacterial infection. At this point of the appointment, the pregnancy test was negative but given that it is early on there was still the chance she was. The doctor wasn't sure when the test results would come back in, so she prescribed some pregnancy safe antibiotics. Then, the appointment was over...

We were about to leave the exam room when the doctor came back in and told us to wait because she wanted to run the test one more time. My wife and I looked at each other both going, "should we be excited? I don't want to get our hopes up... what's going on?" We just sort of sat there silently waiting. Then... the doctor peeked her head in with a huge smile on her face and said, "Congratulations, it was positive." We both just sat there in shock! It has only been a few hours since finding out and it is still sinking in.

So my concern is the possible bacteria infection. She will be starting the antibiotics tonight, and she is keeping her yearly exam that is scheduled for next Thursday. But has anyone had a bacterial infection during pregnancy especially early on?

Sorry for this long post... I guess I am just so excited. :D

Sassygee-Yes, I am showing...I look about 6 months pregnant! lol I was in maternity clothes by the time I was 10 weeks. Pants anyway, the shirts were still to big. The pants were better than my regular pants which were very uncomfortable. I really started to pop around 14-15 weeks.

Pic from Monday at 19 weeks
IMG_3673.jpg

DoctorWho-First of all, congrats! I wouldn't worry. Infections are normal and she has medicine, so it should be fine. As long as she doesn't leave it untreated.

Oh my gosh Jury you are just too cute with your bump! I just look fat or inbetween fat and what I normally look like, lol.
Had my first OB appt Wednesday. It went really well, we like him. Baby A we got a real good look at and heard the heart beat too, 167. Baby B we were not able to get as clear view as we would have liked. Dr wasnt able to measure like he wanted and we could not pick up the heart beat. I go back the 18th and hopefully baby will be in better position. I've included a pic and it's the 2nd pic with baby B so you can see what I am talking about. I will also be seen every 2 wks to monitor babies growth and etc not to mention I'm considered advanced maternal age bleh! I refuse that label! LOL

Attachments

• 9w5dtwins.jpg
    9w5dtwins.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks! I just looked fat for a while too...don't worry, that won't last forever! I wonder if they have an older ultrasound machine...Our doctor's office has two, a fancy new one that we only use for appointments and an ancient one that they use when we need a reassurance scan. The picture on the old one is not great. Last time we could see baby b jumping around and see the heart, but baby a was much more difficult. She was finally able to get the midsection with the heartbeat. Hopefully next time they can pick up baby b better for you! Every appointment we have scares me, I'm always scared we won't find a hb or something lol It's always a relief to see them jumping around though :) It's funny bc even though our doc is only monitoring us every 4 weeks, we always end up in there every 2 weeks...lol Totally not on purpose. I'll have a weird pain or cramp and they always just have me come in and do a reassurance scan lol I'm ok with that! This wed is our big mid-pregnancy scan...I can't wait!

Hi there. Not been on for a while but that's us 18+1 now. Cannot wait to get the 20 week scan out of the way on Hogmanay (31st Dec) just so we know if everything is ok in there. We had a private gender scan last week and they think that it's a boy and a girl so everyone's delighted with that. :thumbup: They weren't 100% sure so have given us a free scan this Sunday just so they can make sure. I honestly don't care at all what their genders are, as long as they both come out healthy. Glad to hear your pregnancies are going well. My girlfriend has had a pretty good pregnancy so far, only sick 3 times and the consultant started her on iron tablets a few weeks ago so she's not feeling as tired as she was before.

We have scans and an appointment with the twin consultant and midwife every 4 weeks now which is good.

Appointment is tomorrow for us! Definitely excited! Our shower invites have been sent out and we aren't finished with our registry because we've been waiting until we are sure what they are. After the apt we are going to work on the registry some more. We start ultrasounds every 4 weeks now too.

Kgirl84 that is awesome. I'm so anxious for our scan where we find out the gender, we are hoping for boy/girl twins.

Jury that is good y'all are ready for the baby shower. My bestie will be throwing my shower when I am about 6 months. We havent even begun a registry yet. Are y'all doing anything fun for gender reveal? I've been trying to brainstorm some ways to do it other than a cake or balloons.

afm, I've appt at 230p to check on Baby B. It's gonna be a long morning for me. Post your scan pics ladies, I just love looking at twin scans :)

Well, it's official...we have a boy and a girl! We just texted people and announced on Facebook, nothing fancy. Twins was surprise enough lol Plus people are already have invites to the shower so we need to let them know genders incase they want to buy gender specific things.
Both babies are perfectly healthy. He is about 13 oz and she's about 12 oz. I am measuring at 30 weeks! I knew I was huge, but geesh lol

IMG_3724.jpg

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Awww that is wondferful Jury. How exciting you for y'all. I'm sure the baby shower will be a blast.

I dont mean to be a sort of debbie downer but it looks as tho baby B has stopped growing . Dr suspected last week that B wasnt going to make it and that is why we were seen a week later. It was very obvious that there was no change in B from last week. A was moving around like crazy and looked every bit of a baby. B however just kinda looked like a seahorse as my wifey said. A measured 11w2d and B was 9w3d. I'd love to believe that by some miracle when we go back in Jan that B has developed and is not far behind A but I'm a realist. It's good that they are fraternal and had their own sac and own placenta. A should be just fine and not have anything wrong. I'm trying not to be too sad and just be grateful/thankful that A is doing wonderfully. We had our meltdown yesterday and I really dont want to break down anymore. I hope my body just reabsorbs the baby and I dont bleed or pass any clots. I havent had any spotting or bleeding up to this point. I continue to feel perfectly fine. I was happy to get some of my ?s answered, like can I eat my steaks medium rare Yes, what kind of exercising can I do, basically anything that I've done in the past, but dont start lifting weights if I never had or go sky diving!

Sassygee...You never know, there are crazy stories out there about babies surviving when the odds are against them. I'm sorry you have to go through this. That's one thing I was very scared about throughout the first trimester, one of them not developing like it should. I'm sorry that's becoming a reality for you. I really hope if baby b doesn't make it, he/she just gets reabsorbed and doesn't cause any complications. I can't imagine how that must feel...

Thanks Jury. At this point I am just a ball of nerves and emotions cuz I simply do not know what to think. That was totally not what we expected going into that appt. It never crossed our mind. B has from the beginning measured behind so we didnt give it much thought. I've tried google and havent turned up any good outcomes, least not any with this big of a growth discrepancy. There was no HB for B last week or this week. I will say the scan was done vaginally and it was really uncomfortable as he was trying to get a good look at B. Like B wasnt in a good position to get anything accurate.

SassyGee-Haven't heard from you in a while...how are things going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->