Lesbian Moms Expecting Twins?

jury3

Mom of b/g twins
Reaction score
Just curious if there are any other lesbian moms out there who are expecting twins.

Most definitely not, but wanted to say Congratulations! It must be so exciting! Wish you a happy and healthy rest of your 9 months!

Soooo jealous you have two coming!! Wishing you a healthy and happy baking process- MUST request pictures when they are born- I'd love twins, they are just so cute :)

Hi there. My girlfriend is currently 9+1 pregnant with twins so should be due around the same time as you hopefully. How are things going with your pregnancy so far?

We are in glasgow, what about you?

Congrats! Things are good so far. I've been pretty sick. No throwing up just super nauseous all the time and really tired. I think it's starting to slowly subside now though. My belly has started to pop quite a bit.
How is her pregnancy going so far?
We are in the US.

Hi! Yeah her pregnancy has been pretty good so far. She's only been sick once and mostly just felt nausea and tiredness.

She had some bleeding on Friday which was exactly 9 weeks and gave us a real scare but she got scanned and everything was great. 2 wee heartbeats and they were wriggling around so much. Twin 1 measured 8+6 and twin 2 measured 9+1 which the midwife said she was really happy with.

She had a miscarriage in June which was our first attempt at IVF and was devastating so we are much more scared during this pregnancy. Just can't wait to get passed the dreaded 12 week scan so we can maybe relax a little.

Good to know there is another lesbian twin mummy due about the same time :D

x

Glad they looked good! Yeah, we are 12 weeks today and it is such a relief. We have an apt Fri, so definitely looking forward to making sure all is good :)

Wow wow!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!:happydance:

I'm late on finding this thread but we are expecting twins. We were lucky enough that our 1st round of ivf took.

Congrats! When did you find out it was twins? If you don't mind me asking, did you use a known donor or sperm bank?

Jury, we used a cryo bank and we found out when I was 5w4d along. We had a hunch that it was twins once we got my beta results, and I know folx say to not put a lot of stock into those but we did put 2 embies back. Not to mention I responded so well to all the meds and etc things just went like clock work for me.

When did you find out?

We found out at 7w3d. My betas were normal, so didn't think anything of those. However, we a family friend doing tarot card readings back in Jan for fun. She said we'd be preggo in Sept with twin girls. She was right about the Sept, so we'd been joking around about the twins being true too. My pants were already getting too tight at 5 weeks, even the rubber band around the button was uncomfortable quickly. So, I thought there might be a chance. We were still surprised though lol I can't believe some people don't find out until they are almost half way through their pregnancies...I'm already so huge, I think we'd have known by now even without ultrasound. I look like I'm 6 months preggo already!

Wow thats crazy. So looking at your siggy it seems y'all arent certain of what you're having yet? If the girl part of the reading is true? :) Buttoning my pants isnt an option either. I deperately need to do some shopping.

Well, we are 100% sure one is a boy...so she was wrong on that at least lol Yeah, I started wearing maternity pants pretty early on. Now that's all I can wear...Not sure what I'll be able to wear in a few months lol

We are hoping for b/g twins. When did you find out 1 of them was a boy? I'm guessing the other was not cooperating, lol. Are your twins in same sac?

They are different sacs, separate placentas. We've been hoping they are b/g just bc it's the best of both worlds. We had a scan at 16w5d from a place that does 4d. Baby b was proud of his goods, even waved in one penis pic lol his head is on her legs though, so she didn't open them long enough to get a good pic. We have another scan the 18th.
Are yours in separate sacs?

Hahaha that is funny. Yes mine are in seperate sacs as well. And who wouldnt want the best of both worlds, b/g twins! I bet you are super anxious for that. I'm anxious to hit the 12wk mark, just cuz the 1st tri goes so slow...or so it seems to. We are hoping to find out genders in Jan.

I can't disagree with that, 1st tri takes forever. Then you wait for the next apt or next milestone lol our next scan is the one where they check all the organs to make sure everything is developing correctly. Makes me nervous although I'm sure all will be fine. After that it's waiting for 24 weeks (viability), then we'll be shooting for 35 weeks so there are fewer chances of time in the NICU. At the same time it's going quickly now and I'd like it to slow down jut a little lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->