Less bleeding after elective c section?

babyblog

Reaction score
I may have just been dreaming but I'm sure I have hearD somewhere that when you have an elective section you can ask the surgeon to suck the blood out at the same time so you don't bleed so much afterwards, anyone have any knowledge of this?

My mum said to me when she had an elective that she spotted for 1 day and then didn't bleed at all until her periods started again! Don't know how usual that is though x

In my experience this is true -I bled alot less with my c-section than what I did after my vaginal delivery. My midwife said it is because they clean you up inside during a c-section so alot of the blood comes out then instead of afterwards.

I am not sure about asking for it to be done as they just did this anyway with me. I didn't even have to use maternity pads this time!

In my experience this is true -I bled alot less with my c-section than what I did after my vaginal delivery. My midwife said it is because they clean you up inside during a c-section so alot of the blood comes out then instead of afterwards.

I am not sure about asking for it to be done as they just did this anyway with me. I didn't even have to use maternity pads this time!

Wow that sounds nice! I had an EMCS but still bled for 4-5 weeks afterward s

Aah this is interesting! I only bled for about a week after my ELCS. After having 6 weeks of lochia with my first (vaginal) birth, it's been a nice surprise!

I thought they just got rid of it all while they were in there lol. I only bled for around a week and a half.

I thought they just got rid of it all while they were in there lol. I only bled for around a week and a half.

Yeah that's what I was hoping! They didn't last time but maybe that was because it was an emergency, oo I hope they do that! X

I bled for at least 4 weeks after my c section, so I'm not sure!

I had an emergency cesarean, and the surgeon sucked a lot of the blood out without me asking. I bled quite a bit for the first 3-4 days (it seemed like a lot because I was lying down a lot), but it was pretty light after that.

so do you still need to use the maternity grade pads after a C-section or can you get away with overnight super strength pads? I usually use them with tampons at the beginning of AF since its heaviest on the first day but I know after a vaginal birth you need maternity pads but is it the same with a C-section??

so do you still need to use the maternity grade pads after a C-section or can you get away with overnight super strength pads? I usually use them with tampons at the beginning of AF since its heaviest on the first day but I know after a vaginal birth you need maternity pads but is it the same with a C-section??

I definatly needs the maternity pads still, only for the first few days but they were better than normal pads. You will still bleed a lot and will get gushes from your uterus contracting, especially if u are breastfeeding

Victoria we gave birth on the same day - how is ur recovery going?

Also i llost 800mls @ my emergency c section and im stilll bleeding 3 weeks pp but its not that heavy so i think its down to the fact i lost alot in section but i dont think they speisifcily cleaned me out for the reason of less vaginal bleeding x

I could have easily got away with using overnight super strength pads for both of my births, especially the cesarean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->