Less savoury

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has always had a good appetite and right from when we first started weaning, he has eaten whatever we give him.

However, this week, he has started to drop the amount of savoury food he eats. Give him a yoghurt, or a peice of fruit or porrdige and he's away.

I'm worried that he isn't getting enough nutrition. He doesn't flatly refuse it - just doesn't finish it like he used to. He only eats a small amount of it.

I've considered cutting down his other things that aren't main meal, but then he doesn't get much in his tummy if I do that.

It also coincided with me dropping his daytime milk feed. He wasn't really bothering with it - he never asked for it, but if I offered it, he would have some. If I didn't, he never noticed.

His night times have also gone haywire too. Up twice a night and getting really upset. He had started going straight back to sleep if he woke up, just after alittle cuddle. Now he is demanding milk.

So I was going to re-introduce his afternoon milk and see if this changed anything. What do you think? Or is this just a phase of liking sweet things. Not sure what to do really :shrug:

I dont know what to suggest as I dont do BLW... I am giving Jasmine alot of finger foods not though, sometimes she will eat it all up... sometimes she will just pick at it and fuss... If that happens I just do a jar and feed her myself.

I cant function when she wakes up in the night so I do whatever I have to do to make sure she eats enough througout the day... lol... She also still have 4 bottles a day.

I just wanted to add, im not forcing her to eat at all... Sometimes she just prefers a jar and me feeding her verses finger foods.

Well, this is it Ryder. He doesn't want any savoury - fed or unfed. Obviously we still ofer him the loaded spoon - he just want it. I think I'm just gona go with the flow. He stil has his 2 big milk feeds, so I'll just have to go with that. I think if he needed something, he'd eat it. I hope!

hmmm that is def strange then! Maybe he is getting a tooth??

We've been battling with the same thing, there was a thread a while back with other babies around 10 months who had the same. Maybe it's just an age thing, a stage they go through? Also I know that around one year, their food intake goes down anyway as they don't grow as fast. Maybe it happens a little earlier? But we're still there, not easy to get the food down after the first couple of spoons or bites!!

It's quite normal, they often go through these phases.

Have you mixed sweet and savoury stuff....might sound odd to you but there's loads of countries that have sweet and savoury foods. A few examples.......

Pork and potato with apple sauce

Chicken with apricots/peaches

Lamb and prune/apricots

Raisins added to dishes too can sweeten them up as they plump up and go all juicy when cooked:thumbup:

Butternut squash is nice and sweet, try roasting it and giving it as a fingerfood, also parsnips and carrots go very sweet when roasted.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained:shrug:

ohh ham and pineapple is a good mix too

Ooh, might try mixing sweet and savoury, thanks.

Although it all changed on Monday. I went to stay with my parents for a few days and was busy telling them the trials we were having. So what does he do? Whoof down an entire bowl of bolognaise sauce and a bowl of rice pudding - with seconds!! Little piggy monster really showed me up :dohh: at least he ate it though - he's been going at that speed ever since!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->