• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's get pregnant in 2012!!!! TTC #1 after loss

I've rung the hospital to see if they want to placenta, they said they'll take it if we want them to. So once hubby is home I'm taking it down, I figure if baby can put a smile on our faces I'd love for cupcake to go and help as many others as possible. If they can't tell me their results or the cause thats fine, as long as it helps in the long run :)

Thats a great thing to do. I donated mine when they did my d&c. It was of no use to my lil angel anymore. So why not try & help someone else. Just stay positive tanzi. I know its hard, but you've got all the support in the world. :hug:

That's such a great thing to do Tanzi. The doctor never said anything about it to me, so I'm not sure if they do that here.

Stay strong and positive! :hugs:

Hi Ladies

how is everyone today? I had no idea you could donate the placenta...think that is a really strong thing to do :hugs:
Angel I can't believe people actually told you you were being bitter...you sound like you have an amazing attitude to all of this and you've been through so much. Just shows how discompassionate people can be.
Tweak do you know the title of the book you mentioned?

Hi Smiler82 - how are you today? nearly ready for xmas?

I wasn't sure if the hospital would take it but if they did I wanted to know if they'll be in touch with results OR if I'll never hear anything again, they told me the latter. Either way I'm glad I'm not left in limbo with that thought.

Hubby has been working from home today so I've only had about 5 cries, a personal best for me this week!

Hi ladies :wave:

Smiler - here's the amazon link Miscarriage: Women Sharing From The Heart I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm thinking about it. It's $10 for my Kindle app, so I've been putting it off, even though it's not much.

Tanzi - BIG HUGS :hugs: I remember what it's like after a m/c. The up and down roller coaster. The day after my D&C I was fine, barely cried. But the next day? I think I cried just about all day. I hope you can feel better soon :hugs:

Thanks tweak, I think the bleeding is subsiding, no major clots have come out and I'm not really filling my pads now, so I guess thats progress. I'm also thinking about food and sex again, so this could be my body going back to the norm. xxx

How are you today? that book looks good, xxx

I'm glad the bleeding is subsiding! I so hope it's your body getting back to the norm. :hugs:

Eh, I'm okay. Had a half day at work, so went and met DH for lunch since he's spending another late day at work. Won't get out till 9:30, and I told him we need to BD! Temp plummeted this morning, so I want to get some BDing in!

I haven't spent much time in this forum I'm afraid so I don't know your story.

hi gaowhywhy - my story of the worst week of my life is near the top of this thread, feel free for a read. the short version goes like this:

14+ months TTC, had irregular cycles, went for tonnes of appointments, blood tests, referred to a gynecologist who found en endometrioma on my left ovary (lining from the uterus forming on other parts), I was prescribed clomid, the 2nd round worked but lost baby on tuesday at 8 weeks 2 days. My whole world has just fallen apart.

Whats your story honey? I see it shows Pregnant on your posts but I suspect that probably isn't the case currently? xxxx

Hi Everyone

thanks for the link Tweak, I may have to get that. It's strange, I remember after my losses I really wanted to read a fiction book that dealt with miscarriage but there aren't any out there. Not sure why I felt like that, I guess because I'm a book worm. But I can see why you might be putting it off, it isn't going to be exactly a happy read is it. I'm not religious but I found this book called When Bad things Happen to Good People; it's written by a rabbi and some parts I found quite comforting and also helped me to understand other people's reactions to these bad things that happen to us.

Do you think it's a pre-ov dip Tweak? I hope so! Me and DH are just really going to go for it this cycle. I never know when I'm going to ov and sometimes we miss it. Determined not to let that happen this cycle.

Tanzi - glad the bleeding is starting to slow down. I remember the emotional rollercoaster in the immediate weeks after as well, it is tiring. I still have days where I cry though, what everyone was saying earlier about it changing you is so true. It gets easier to live with but you never forget.

Morning ladies! :flower:

Smiler - Not sure, it could've been an OV dip. BUT, we didn't end up DTD anyways. :( I'm sure this new job for DH is gonna have an effect on our TTC. He didn't get home till almost 11 (after working since 8:30) and then by the time he got changed and stuff it was 11:30. He still "needed" to play on the computer before bed, so I just said screw it, don't worry about it. I know for a fact that we're not gonna be able to BD as much as I want, so it's depressing. I just hope it doesn't effect us.

I also got my Angel of Hope yesterday. There's a link in the miscarriage forum, that these women crochet angels out of yarn, and you can put in for one, for free. They send them out, and it's a surprise in your mailbox. I actually slept with mine last night, since I was feeling depressed about not being able to BD. Kinda felt like my angels were close to me.

Oh no, what does your husband do? Sorry it is causing you some problems. I don't really know what to suggest...does he like nice underwear or anything?? I can see he must be shattered after all those hours at work and wants to do something to chill out, but if he wants you pg too then he's got to step up!! Maybe a nice massage would help chill him out and make him feel more playful... ?

The Angel of Hope sounds so lovely. I've not heard of that before, what a wonderful thing for them to do. I have got a necklace with 2 butterflies on - I used to wear it all the time to feel close to my little ones but I find I don't need it as much now. It's still right next to me on my bedside table though so they're always there when I sleep :) x

He's an apprenticeship funeral director/embalmer. He's still in school for it too, but only a semester or 2 left. He doesn't really like all that stuff. It's hard sometimes, since he doesn't care for lingerie really cause he said it just comes off in seconds. We're gonna try for tonight and tomorrow night, since he's got school Monday night and won't be able to BD when he gets home. Then hopefully Tuesday night as well. I'm afraid I did ovulate yesterday with that temp drop though. OPK was dark this morning with FMU, but 2MU was lighter. Who knows :shrug:

I like that necklace! I've been considering getting something like that too, so I can wear when I need to feel close to them.

Hi Tan and Tweak and Smiler!!!

Can i join you both on here?? I like the public forums on this but im finding some of the old ones im still on too hard!! (Tweak - i love the ladies on the may roller uppers thread but theyre all heavily pregnant women now and it just crushes me a little)

Tan and Tweak you both know me but Smiler, im Louise, been TTC for nearly a year now after MC in Jan at 8 weeks! Currently in limbo as im 19dpo, no af, no BFP and af type cramps have started today so guessing she'll be here very shortly!!

x x x

Oh well at least you guys are taking his classes into account and bding around it, if you know it's going to cause problems. Maybe massages and things are what he needs, it sounds like he's got a lot on and if you can get him really relaxed maybe that would help :)

I don't really know how opks are meant to work, I can't use them. Isn't the dark line picking up the LH surge, which you get a day or two before ov? So you might not have missed it. Fingers crossed x

RB I loveeeee that you're on here!! I know what you mean about the MRU thread - I follow their journals but sometimes it's just too hard. There's only a few of us left on there that aren't pregnant (me, you, DT, MB, MrsJMouse I think) ..

Sorry about the cramps :( I hope it's not AF! :hugs:

Can i join you both on here?? I like the public forums on this but im finding some of the old ones im still on too hard!! (Tweak - i love the ladies on the may roller uppers thread but theyre all heavily pregnant women now and it just crushes me a little)

Tan and Tweak you both know me but Smiler, im Louise, been TTC for nearly a year now after MC in Jan at 8 weeks! Currently in limbo as im 19dpo, no af, no BFP and af type cramps have started today so guessing she'll be here very shortly!!

x x x

I think we just posted at exactly the same time, this wasn't here when I replied to Tweak! Nice to meet you Louise, so sorry you are on this board though :hugs: I had a loss in Jan as well, and another the Aug before that. Must be quite frustrating for you right now not knowing what's what...fingers crossed you find out one way or another soon x

Yup, a positive OPK is that the 2nd line is as dark or darker then the control line. It depends on the brand, as some say as dark and some say it has to be darker. Once you get that 2nd line, you will most likely ovulate between 12 and 36 hours after.

I haven't been using them this cycle, as I wanted a more relaxed approach. But decided to take one this morning to see where I was at. I'll take one again later this evening and see, as that's when I usually get positives.

Ah I see. Well hopefully you haven't missed ov and if you can dtd today and tomorrow maybe you'll catch it. I just wish I could know when I was going to ov, it's so annoying! We are just going to dtd every other day minimum, there's no other way really.

x x x

I think we just posted at exactly the same time, this wasn't here when I replied to Tweak! Nice to meet you Louise, so sorry you are on this board though :hugs: I had a loss in Jan as well, and another the Aug before that. Must be quite frustrating for you right now not knowing what's what...fingers crossed you find out one way or another soon x

So sorry about your loss too!! Its been a long year for you too if you lost in jan as well!! Im determined that 2012 is gonna be a better year for us!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->