• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's get pregnant in 2012!!!! TTC #1 after loss

That's a great way to do it! I wish I could throw everything I do for TTC out the window, and have a true relaxed approach. But I can't. I'm such a control freak that I have to know or do some things. Not doing OPKs (regularly) is such a huge step for me this cycle.

RB I loveeeee that you're on here!! I know what you mean about the MRU thread - I follow their journals but sometimes it's just too hard. There's only a few of us left on there that aren't pregnant (me, you, DT, MB, MrsJMouse I think) ..

Sorry about the cramps :( I hope it's not AF! :hugs:

I like being back on a thread with no pregnant ladies, that sound awful but ive noticed how all the TTC'ers have slowly dissappeared from the MRU thread! I also read and comment in their journals, poor Andreas had a run of it!! FX'd for her! I still speak to MB on facebook, she's a bit fed up like the rest of us are with the lack of BFPs!! Really hope everyone gets there BFPs soon....

(Just though that MRU thread will get very busy soon with them all being due soon.... doesnt seem like 2 minutes!!) x x

Tweak0605 - Wow your hubbys line of work sounds very intruiging, has he always wanted to do that? whats the pay like? sorry if i'm being nosy I just don't know anyone in that line of work.

Smiler - I was thinking of new jewellry but hubby bought me this pearl necklace as a pregnant present so I don't think I should be buying any more. it wouldnt feel right. with my birthday next week he was going to give me matching earrings but gave them to me earlier on this week, they are so lovely. I've not worn them yet but one will represent cupcake, the other is cupcakes brother\sister whenever they make an appearance :)

OPK's are designed to help you find your surge before ovulation. So say if you pee on one cd19 and it comes up dark it means you're surging that day and your egg will be released the day after (well 12-36 hours after in theory). Sometimes though women can surge for a few days or even just surge for an entire day (this is what happened to me the cycle i fell pregnant). My advice for using them is this. use several each day and test throughout the day, most women miss their surge because generally early afternoon is the best time to test according to websites...but I'd ignore that rubbish and go pee mad!

Hey louise, nice to see you on here. shame about your cramps, really hope they aren't AF, hows the symptoms coming on? I got a negative OPK today, I'm well chuffed, the IC's arrived today too so on my next pee I'll start using them in synch :)

Oh louise I know what you mean about being on a pregnant thread, I went and created a tww thread ages ago and everyone bar me and this other girl got their BFP's, I used to sit there and wonder sometimes why I'm so unlucky like that!

Hi girls,
I also miscarried recently. December 3. I was almost 8 weeks. I was just about to go in for my first scan. It was horrible. Thankfully, I completely miscarried naturally and my blood work that came back yesterday said my HCG is back to 0, or negative. I am so grateful that I don't need any medical intervention.
Emotionally, I struggled a lot the first week. My DH and I took it very hard, as anyone would. I just couldn't stop crying after I got back from the hospital. I had to pull it together for a party my DH already had planned. And I had to go hide in the bathroom for while and cry. It was not easy. I did find that keeping as busy as I could helped me grow a scab over this wound and get on with it. I could have called out sick for my next trip, but I didn't and I find it helps to just get out of the house and to be distracted. The more I focus on the loss the more I just want to cry and bawl and hide in my bed. I did decide to do these things on my own when I was ready though. I wasn't ready for that party, but I didn't have the heart to cancel my DH's plans.
I feel like having the MC and not having any children makes it just that much harder. Christmas this year is horrid. I had a very hard time facing the decorating. Buying gifts is really hard. I was planning on telling everyone around Christmas when all the gatherings happen, but obviously that was ruined. That has ruined my spirit for the holidays. I am certainly ready to see 2011 gone. It has been a really hard and terrible year for us. The MC was just the cherry on top of our sh!t sundae. I can only hope and pray that 2012 is better to us. My mom has been really great thru all of this. I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant except my DH. It must have been a horrible shock when I called to ask her to accompany to the hospital to get checked out, because I was pretty sure I was MCing. She has been really sensitive to me and trying to be supportive.
Friends just don't know what to say. I wouldn't either so I can understand how hard it must be for them. I have a friend that says things like it's for the best. That baby wasn't healthy. That I'll get pregnant again fast. All of those things are super annoying and I just have to avoid talking to her. It is just hard to sit there and be silent and supportive. That is the only way to avoid saying the wrong thing. I find that this forum is exactly what I need. No one else understands. I don't know anyone who has been thru this. I like being here where people understand me and what I am going thru.
:hugs: to all of you ladies.

RB - I so know what you mean about a thread with no pregnant people. I was part of another TTC group, and then 95% got pregnant and left and made a pregnancy group. A majority of them don't come back now, so I've shy'd away from there. I guess it's like, hey I supported you when you were TTC, you can't support me? It's nice to have people in the same boat as you.

Tanzi - For the most part he has. He wanted to do it in high school, then shy'd away from it in college. He moved back home and when we got together, and a couple years later we moved and I told him he needed to start thinking of a career. He thought about going to school for that, and he's been in it ever since. Been in school for almost 3 years, but just started his apprenticeship 3 weeks ago. He likes it so far! I'm hoping if the pay is good enough, and long hours, that I can step down to part-time after we have a baby.

Viking - Welcome hun, sorry about your recent miscarriage :hugs: I'm glad your DH has been so supportive and has been there for you. :hugs:

Welcome Viking!! :hi: Glad youre with us but so sorry about your loss! I think were all in the same boat here not exactly looking forwards to christmas!!!

Amy - Glad were here on a fresh new thread ready to welcome in a fresh new year!! Im sure it will be full of 2012 BFPs!! Hows the OPKs looking today???

Tanz - You feeling ok chick?? Howre your OPKs looking today? You taking clomid again or waiting for next cycle???

Smiler - Hope youre having a lovely weekend xx

AFM - SPOTTING!!! :cry: I kinda knew i wasnt pregnant but still had hope!! Guess all im getting for Xmas is a visit from HRH AF!!! :haha: Oh well, i always thought 2012 would be a good year for me so roll on my 2012 BFP!!

x x

QUESTION ladies.....

The last 2 cycles have been really messed up and im putting this down to not taking soy these last 2 cycles!!

So im thinking of taking...

120mg soy CD3-7, B50 complex, folic acid, omega 3 and royal jelly this cycle!

Do you think this is too much??

(Im not gonna take pregnacare conception as its been linked to long cycles and i want to see what mine are like without it)

x x x

Hi Viking15 sorry to see you lurking around this part of the forum, I don't wish it on anyone to be here but I'm so glad there's always kind words and support from every poster.

Sorry to hear about the planned party, you must be very strong to be able to put up a front in from of those people at such a bad time, xx

has your bleeding stopped?

Hey RB - I'm better now I'm home. Thought to follow hubby into town for some xmas pressies and everything just triggered me off. I was crying at the xmas music, the little kids, women pushing prams, the baby clothes in debenhams..etc. Ended up just sitting in the shopping centre whilst hubby went round the shops, god knows what the other shoppers thought when they saw my miserable face.

I was doing some thinking though. I mean how is it that xmas has literally become just about the presents? why is everyone so bothered about buying every single family member something, isn't it enough to just see them and enjoy a lovely meal once a year?? fortunately my sister said she'd just add our names to the pressies for our cousins and aunties so it saves worrying what to buy them but the amount I've spent, with whats happened recently, I feel like just donating the same amount to the miscarriage association and not bothering with pressies next year. Half the people I buy for I rarely see so I never know what they are actually after!

the meaning behind dec 25 has really been lost hasn't it?

NOOOO you can't have spotting, you've had such a strange cycle this time round maybe it's a good sign, if not, it's not as if 2011 will ever be here again will it? need lots of PMA and babydust to get those 2012 BFP's :D

oh and I've started taking EPO, is that a good thing you reckon??

Hi Viking15 sorry to see you lurking around this part of the forum, I don't wish it on anyone to be here but I'm so glad there's always kind words and support from every poster.

Sorry to hear about the planned party, you must be very strong to be able to put up a front in from of those people at such a bad time, xx

has your bleeding stopped?

Hey RB - I'm better now I'm home. Thought to follow hubby into town for some xmas pressies and everything just triggered me off. I was crying at the xmas music, the little kids, women pushing prams, the baby clothes in debenhams..etc. Ended up just sitting in the shopping centre whilst hubby went round the shops, god knows what the other shoppers thought when they saw my miserable face.

I was doing some thinking though. I mean how is it that xmas has literally become just about the presents? why is everyone so bothered about buying every single family member something, isn't it enough to just see them and enjoy a lovely meal once a year?? fortunately my sister said she'd just add our names to the pressies for our cousins and aunties so it saves worrying what to buy them but the amount I've spent, with whats happened recently, I feel like just donating the same amount to the miscarriage association and not bothering with pressies next year. Half the people I buy for I rarely see so I never know what they are actually after!

the meaning behind dec 25 has really been lost hasn't it?

NOOOO you can't have spotting, you've had such a strange cycle this time round maybe it's a good sign, if not, it's not as if 2011 will ever be here again will it? need lots of PMA and babydust to get those 2012 BFP's :D

Yep, spotting away :winkwink: Im ok but this cycle has been odd!! Very strange....i darent test now as if i get a line and this ends up being another MC or chemical pregnancy i couldnt handle it!! Will just let AF arrive.....

Oh poor you!! I was like that when i went back to work after MC. The parents all came in pregnant, with prams and little children all concerned and i just burst out crying! Had to leave my class to my teaching assistant for 10 mins so i could calm down. It'll hit you out of the blue im afraid hun but lets work towards 2012 being a fresh start and im sure we can work together to make sure we both have as much PMA as we can muster!! x x x :hugs:

Totally agree about Christmas, i go to church every christmas day and love it!! I always think of christmas as a time to visit relatives i havent seen for a while and catch up with friends! Its never about the presents. More about spending time with people you love....
Wish more people saw it like that!! Ha - we'd be sending the UK into further recession with the lack of present buying!! :haha:

2012 will be THE year for us ladies, it'll be the year AF will barely be around, the year we'll be on maternity leave (for those lucky enough in the thread to get a jan\feb or mar bfp), it'll be the year we get fat and get weepy cause the cornflakes were just a bit too soggy, IT WILL BE OUR PREGNANT YEAR!!!!

For those who had names planned out before you m/c do you think you'll be using those names for pregnancy number 2? I felt it would dishonour cupcake if I just used them on baby number 2, think hubby feels the same way.

I think my EPO tablets are only 400mg :S

2012 will be THE year for us ladies, it'll be the year AF will barely be around, the year we'll be on maternity leave (for those lucky enough in the thread to get a jan\feb or mar bfp), it'll be the year we get fat and get weepy cause the cornflakes were just a bit too soggy, IT WILL BE OUR PREGNANT YEAR!!!!

For those who had names planned out before you m/c do you think you'll be using those names for pregnancy number 2? I felt it would dishonour cupcake if I just used them on baby number 2, think hubby feels the same way.

I think my EPO tablets are only 400mg :S

I would take 2 x 400mg hun! My dose was too much but RDA is 1000mg!

Youve just made me cry!! :cry::cry: WE SOOOOO DESERVE TO HAVE A BRILLIANT 2012!!! I love the thought of getting really fat and sobbing into my cornflakes!! I will treasure every symptom pregnancy throws at me and would quite happily spend the whole of the first 12 weeks with my head down the toilet!!! :haha::winkwink:

Its funny you should say that about names....i hadnt thought of a boys name but had my heart set on 'Mia' for a girl! Im now in 2 minds and have a few others i prefer....dont know whether this is down to the miscarriage or not but im sure its related x x

I didn't know about the rda for epo, been taking so many different supplements that I've forgotten the properties for it and the purpose, so god knows why I'm taking it, think it's a mucus thing isn't it? as for mucus I hope it's a bit more existant than last time, barely had a smidge!

aw Mia is so adorable for a girl, do you feel it was a boy or girl? xxx

RB - Fresh new thread for a fresh new year!! Love it!! OPKs are negative - thinking I may have just missed the surge. Who knows. We'll keep BDing every other day or every 2 days for another week or so.

Tanzi - Sorry about the shopping trip :( It does seem like Christmas has been all about buying things. It's all the greedy greedy attitude. Good luck with the EPO! We had names picked out back in January, before we miscarried our first. We will be using the names on our rainbow baby. I want to use those names, and feel like I need to. We will be naming our first either Jakob Francis or Abbigail Nichole, depending on gender. They are names we chose and loved, and want to name our rainbow baby(s) them.

Viking & Smiler - :wave: Hope you ladies are well :flower:

Oh and yes, I will treasure every symptom pregnancy throws at me. Yes, I will be sick of throwing up, or backaches or cramping, but I can't wait till I'm puking every morning. Since I didnt have that with either pregnancy, I'm more then wishing it upon myself.

We should do a pact, if by worse case scenario none of us have fallen pregnant AT ALL by this time next year we go to the papers, claiming we're the most unluckiest TTC'ers of all time!

looking at our situations and putting it into the above perspective doesn't it sound more possible that at least one of us MUST fall pregnant next year?! just all giddy at the thought

Yes, one of us HAS to fall pregnant next year. We have to! :haha: Although, I have high hopes that we'll all become bump buddies in 2012! :hugs:

Argh I typed a huge post earlier and just popped back on and realised it's not here how annoying!!! Anyway didn't manage to get online this weekend so see I've missed a lot of chat...how is everyone? I SO want us all to get pg next year and be bump buddies how cool would that be :)

Tanzi in my other post that vanished I said about how I remember going into town after my first loss was surprisingly hard, it felt like everyone was looking at me and couldn't move for buggies etc. It must be a lot worse at Christmas, hope you're doing ok.

Tweak - know what you mean re symptoms, I never really had anything particularly strongly with either of my pregnancies so it'd be much more reassuring to feel those pg hormones strongly in your body eh. I just want a bump so much...

Interesting point re names...we never really agreed properly but I'd always had my heart set on Helena for a girl and Miles for a boy. I'm not sure how I feel about them now after everything that's happened. We had nicknames for them when I was pg (spodge and flump) and DH said next time he doesn't want any nicknames. I can see where he's coming from but I think it'd be strange to have a baby growing inside you and not have anything to call them, I don't want them to be "it". Hmm. Well, hopefully we'll be having that conversation next year :)

Ugh, I've had that happen before Smiler. Then I get paranoid and look back to see if it posted on someone's journal or something :haha:

Hope you had a good weekend! I didn't do much - Christmas wrapping, some deep cleaning, and watching movies. DH worked a lot, so I spent a bunch of time by myself. Thinking I OV'd Saturday, as I was playing around with FF, and if my temp rises tomorrow it'll give me dashed CH's for then. So hoping it rises in the a.m.!

Hope the other ladies are well! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"