Letting myself go...

ashybug

Pregnant with #1!
Reaction score
Since being pregnant, I feel pretty crappy. I'm always pretty tired and lately I have a headache almost every day...

...so I kind of feel like I've let myself go. I haven't worn any makeup for about a week and my hair looks like crap. Hey at least I still shower every day and shave my legs! I hoping I'll start feeling amazingly energized and do something with myself.:haha::winkwink:

Anyone else feel like they've sort of let themselves go since getting pregnant?

:haha:

I never wear make-up and have low standards when it comes to showering and shaving so I actually think my obsession with clothes that fit me so that I look pregnant and not just fat might actually mean for once I am NOT letting myself go. If you shower every day, you are definitely still ok. ;)

Now you mention it I've not worn make up for ages, I just don't have the energy to think about much !

I've been waiting for this second trimester 'glow' to kick in but apparently i am still waiting lol. I try to put foundation on at least when i'm going out because i really dont like the way my skin looks at the moment. But sometimes i just don't have the energy to sit and put makeup on in the morning and take it off at night. Just..............tooo................tired! :sleep:

I don't have that stupid glow yet either, instead I have the worst acne of my life!

I only wear make up once or twice a month if I'm in the mood and my hair is fairly long so it gets thrown up in a messy bun most days. I was never this lax about my appearance in the past but we now live 1000 miles away from family and friends, we only have one car and my hubs works a TON so I'm just hanging at home all the time anyway. My 71 year old mother would cringe, as she still wears make up every day. ;) I am wearing fitted tee's when I go out now that I look pg instead of fat. HAHA

Well my eyes are watering all the time as I'm tired so I haven't had make up on for months. My hair looks pretty reasonable though so I think I'm getting away with it lol! xx

Just wait until the baby is here :haha:

I shower like 3-4x a week. I don't bother with makeup or hair or anything. Pretty soon, it's not "letting yourself go" - it's just not giving a shit and not caring because the only person you think of is that beautiful little bundle in your arms!

It gets worse when the baby arrives lol - the daily showers stop then too and you can't even be bothered trying to hide the fact your hair needs a good wash! You do get back the urge to wear a bit of slap eventually though lol.

You should start to get some energy back soon, about 14-16 weeks seems to be the turning point for most. As for that "glow" - I never glowed the first time and I'm 14 weeks now with acne and I can't be bothered hiding it with concealer I'm still so tired! I do like my pregnant body though - I've been a bit overweight for years but it's all on my tummy, so while my normal clothes are size 12-14 to get round/hide my flabby tum, I only need 10 in maternity! I love it!

It gets worse when the baby arrives lol - the daily showers stop then too and you can't even be bothered trying to hide the fact your hair needs a good wash!

This is way too true :haha:

Now I'm pregnant again so my extra oil production is making me look.. well :sick:

It gets worse when the baby arrives lol - the daily showers stop then too and you can't even be bothered trying to hide the fact your hair needs a good wash!

This is way too true :haha:

Now I'm pregnant again so my extra oil production is making me look.. well :sick:

Same here! I definitely have to shower and wash my hair every day or I look disgusting.

Bizarrely I've recently found the opposite to be true. First trimester I lived in my baggy black trousers for work, but a couple of weeks ago (I'm 20 weeks) I went out and bought some maternity stuff and I've not been out of a dress since. Which also means I'm washing and straightening my hair constantly and keeping on top of the shaving situation. And I'm making sure I have makeup on most of the time too, but then I only use mascara and lipstick.

I think the new clothes that fit properly gave me a great boost!

Bizarrely I've recently found the opposite to be true. First trimester I lived in my baggy black trousers for work, but a couple of weeks ago (I'm 20 weeks) I went out and bought some maternity stuff and I've not been out of a dress since. Which also means I'm washing and straightening my hair constantly and keeping on top of the shaving situation. And I'm making sure I have makeup on most of the time too, but then I only use mascara and lipstick.

I think the new clothes that fit properly gave me a great boost!

I am with you. It's bad enough having to feel like a flump or down because you've grown out of your clothes without the bad hair and lack of make up to make you feel good. While still in work up till 36 weeks my hair was always washed blow dried and straightened and my make up the usual. I have gone without foundation in the summer as I've caught a nice tan. I do think investing in some decent maternity clothes has made me feel better towards the end.

I don't wear any makeup for another reason, other than just being too tired. I seem to break out if I wear some. Right now I have pretty clear skin, where as pre-pg I has battling with cystic acne, so I am fine with not wearing anything if it means clear skin.

I don't wear any makeup for another reason, other than just being too tired. I seem to break out if I wear some. Right now I have pretty clear skin, where as pre-pg I has battling with cystic acne, so I am fine with not wearing anything if it means clear skin.

Same here! I can't wear any sort of foundation. My acne has got even worse since being pregnant though.

I have to keep up with the showering/make up routine for work, and I still dress nicely for work, but as soon as I get home, it's baggy sweatpants and a t-shirt! I feel bad for DH but at this point, it's all about survival mode.

Same here! I can't wear any sort of foundation. My acne has got even worse since being pregnant though.

Have you tried a mineral foundation?

Yes I have most mineral stuff I am allergic to, my eyes swell, and that was before pg so I can't imagine what would happen now LOL. I am good my complexion is really good right now so I don't need anything to put on it. Thank you for the suggestion though ;)

Have you tried a mineral foundation?

No I haven't, maybe that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"