*Liammommy* successful VBAC (long)

Liammommy

Reaction score
:blue: !!! Baby Brock finally made his appearance February 15th at 8:35pm. 6 days overdue.
9lbs 2oz.
So happy I had a successful VBAC :dance:

Here it goes.....
Woke up at 5am Friday morning with my tummy not feeling right. Got up and went to the bathroom and had huge bloody show and lost mucous plug. Right after that, at 5:30am, mild contractions started.
At 11am, we decided to start heading to hospital since its an hour drive.
Arrived at l&d around 12:30pm, checked my cervix and was 3cm.
I didnt want to stay at the hospital cause it makes for a long labour. And plus, i stalled at 3cm with my first for 3 days. So went and walked around for a few hours, than by 3pm we got a hotel room so I could use the tub and to just rest since we were over an hour away from home.
Only ended up staying at our hotel room until 5pm when contractions started to become a lot more painful. I wanted to stay longer, but hubby didnt think it was a good idea, he wanted to get checked again to see if I was making progress.
Got back to hospital at around 5:30pm, they checked me and told me I was 6cm :saywhat:
They set us up in a delivery room, than all hell broke loose :wacko:
Contractions were getting unbearable, I felt so much pressure and felt little urges to push. They checked me again quick and was 7cm.
Used gas air for 20 minutes while waiting for epidural. Finally got epi, but it didn't work one bit :dohh:
By the time he was done giving me epi, I was pushing. Such a weird feeling having that Urge to push and not control it. They didn't think it was time, but I was 9cm.
While I was pushing, his heart rate kept dropping significantly. Dr immediately called obstetristics and nicu. within seconds the room was packed with all different drs and nurses.
I honestly didn't think I could do it. The obstetrician kept yelling saying she was not taking me downstairs for a csection, I was going to have a successful vbac. Well, with alot of hard pushing, he was finally born at 8:35pm sunny side up!
He was put on my chest, dad cut the cord and they took him away to be assessed.

I tore quite bad. They ended up stitching me for a few hours. I lost over a litre of blood. When I got up go shower I started gushing blood, dr got called to come back, turns out I had more internal stitches that were missed. So had to be stitched up again.

It was a bit traumatic cause it happened so quick compared to my first. And not having any pain meds. But I did it :dance:

We got home Saturday morning and both are doing well. I'm a bit sore in my lady parts, but recovery is much nicer than csection.
He was worth every second of pain!

Will try to post pic soon.

Anyone questioning vbac, so worth trying for!! My second was bigger than my first and I somehow managed to do it. Incredible experience

Huge congratulations! I remember you from the overdue thread :D Lovely VBAC story :happydance: I'm still here 13 days over :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->