library??

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
do any of u ladies(or gents) take ur lo to the library?

at my library they have a story session on a friday afternoon, so i take both jordan and lily-mae to those during the school hols. me and lily-mae cant go during term time as the session runs till 3, so we would be late to collect jordan from school. however, we do go occasionally at weekends and they both really enjoy it. both my lo's love books

i dont have a toddler but couldt help replying, i loved loved loved going to the library and getting my book swiped with the wonder pen when i was wee....loved the wee seats and everything, thought it was magical....strange that i hated the places in uni haha...

i try 2 take chloe once a wk(or every 2nd) she loves it, ill do the same for callum 2! im a geek wen it comes 2 books id rather curl up wi a gd book thn watch tv :shock:. i could read by primary one at a fluent level thanxs 2 my big sister who taught me young, id love 4 chloe and callum 2 b the same!

go for it honey, the level of literacy is so low sometimes that the schools will love you for it, the sooner they get used to books and reading the better, really really helps their development in lots of areas...

*head swells* well my HV is always sayin how bright she is :oops:

keep going then honey, go with your instincts they have worked really well for you so far...its so nice to hear too as so many mums around just dont care...not on here obviously...

i find that quite sad actually i mean, its not hard 2 do!!! i love taking them! i like the book start idead too, u get a bag wioth bout 4/5 books in it 4m ur hv :D

its a great idea, i was so frustrated cause my neice ane nephew werent introduced to books properly, its taken a while but ian is flying now with reading...

We don't go as often as we should but Seren has her own library at home :oops: I can't resist buying her books and have got her all my old faves plus some really funky new ones. Its our treat, ging to Ottakers and getting a new book each. Both me and OH are book worms so we are hoping she will be too.

thats a lovely thing to do, she will cherish them later, i still have most of my childhood books, all my favourites i carried with me for years for my babs...bxox

I think it depends on the child age. I only take noah to the library to go to the baby group there. Its only a small village so oterwise the kiddy facilities arnt anything inspiring, and all he wants to do is try to eat the (already rather chewed) books. Once he take more of an interest I will be more like beanie. I love books and Im on a mission to build up a library of books myself at home. I always buy books never hire them, as my taste is a it obsure anyway.

Yvanne if your wanting to push ahead and teach your little one, I know my SIL said about how you can go along to the infant schools and talk to them aout how they would like you to teach them. Because they have certain teaching systems, it can do more harm than good to teach them yourselves because it confusses them when the teachers try to teach them differnently. Like teaching phonetics instead of the normal alphabet. A lot of infant schools do open days or an evening thing where they can talk to you about educating your child and the new sylaus, so you can be prepared.

my bros and sisters are all young(7.,7,10,10+11) so am pretty familiar wi how things r done :D

I love autobiography's! Especially Jordans!! :D

I love books, Ella has about 12 for xmas, I joined books for children and would reccomend! :D

Ella loves books too, she sits turning the pages and "reads" it in her own little language its so sweet. The only time she satys still is when I readto her! I must remember to join the library though.

ye3ah i joined bfc too, only thing i h8 is wen u 4get 2 decline reccomended selections :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->